Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Looking for a good camera

Hi everybody,
    i'm plaining to buy a digital camera but I don't know which one. I try 2 or 3 camera but it doesn't do a good job for me. I want to be able to take picture in nightclub (low lighting, smoke, etc). Does somebody know a good camera ??? thx alot all
    :: SecureIP Solutions Web ::
    Montréal Web Hosting, Backup, Web and IT services
    http://www.SecureIP-Web.ca
    info[a]secureip.ca

What's your budget? Are you looking for a point and shoot or an SLR with interchangable lenses?

Is it possible that the cameras you tried did not produce good results because you were not familar with them. It really helps to read the manual.

I want a point and shoot. My budget is around 200-250$. I will take a look in my manual of my Nikon Coolpix L4 and my Kodak EasyShare C340. If you know a good one give me the name
    info[a]secureip.ca

I always liked my Canon SD630. I ended up giving it up for a professional camera though.

However, if you're at all serious about taking photos, you need to drop 600+ for a Digital SLR.

There is an inbetween, a sort of faux-slr. Canon's Powershot IS3 fits the bill there, and it takes nice pictures.

info[a]secureip.ca

I have bought one Canon last month.If you have a little more budget around $300-$350 you will get a very good one

I bought Olimpus FE200, you can set it for low lighting, but I use it as an amateur, in case you want to make photos professionally, you'd better up your budget to $350-400.

Canon PowerShot S3 IS

Might be a tiny bit over your budget but you get the true value for your money. No other camera I put my hands on in that price range compares to it. It is great for all conditions and it will work as simple point-and-shoot camera or as advanced pro camera with all bells and whistles. I highly recommend it.

<edit>
    http://www.dpreview.com/
    I found that to be great site when looking for new camera.
    </edit>
    Last edited by sasha; 01-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.

If you're wanting low-light performance, then Fuji is the current one to beat. It's not DSLR quality, but it's not that far off either. I've got the F30; though the F20 or newer models would likely do what you want as well.

Go to www.dpreview.com and check the reviews, then go to the Fuji forum and look at the posts (especially those that contain low-light photos). See what you think.

i like the cannon digital elfs.. i have an older one but it works great.. mine is the SD300.. it takes fast pictures too

Yes i am using cannon too and it works fine in low lighting... but yes if you want professional result you have to raise your budget
    We Design Your Dreams
    Ammar @ AKDesigner - http://www.akdesigner.com

A lot of people like the Canon EOS 6.3MP Digital Rebel. You can get them around $500 or so and then get a lens with around a F1.8-2.8 for the low light. That would be your best bet without breaking the bank too much. It's really worth the extra money if you want to do this pro.
    Skyco Holdings, inc.
    DBA:cozoe.com - Web and Graphics Design

13. sony R1 and canon,
    The price of realy good camera is more than $500

Digital SLR

If you wanna take photos in a club with low light and not rely on flash, you will need a camera that has a lens that you can "open up" to let more light in.

If you can spring $600, I'd get the Nikon D40 Digital SLR. I've used those ultra compacts and they are not fast enough to capture great things in low light. You will also find a lot of red-eye shots, its inevitable with built in flash.

Get this lens: $99.00
    Get this SLR body: $599.95

Don't mess with the compacts. Trust me. you'll REGRET it.

Plus, with the Nikon, you can use any lens with the "F" mount built since the 60s. That means you can get a lens at a great used price. And if you become more professional, you can upgrade to a Nikon D80 or D200 and STILL use your lenses. People will easily buy this body on eBay for $300 2 years from now. Try that with the compact cameras!

Dont forget to get a 2GB SD flash card. You can easily snap 300 10megapixel shots with that one. Get the fast 133x speed version so you can snap continuous frames/sec.

Read the reviews. This is the lowest priced DIGITAL SLR currently on the market.

Forget the mickey mouse stuff cameras, plus if you wanna take photos of those hot babes, they'll take you more seriously with an SLR..aka professional.... Compact cameras are for pervs...

I would also recommend you, by no doubt, a SRL camera. It not only looks more professional, it is in its essence a professional device.

Just as rbwire said - Don't lose your with the compacts. They won't suit your demands.

As refers to the brand - in my own experience Canon and Nikon have proven to be of excellent quality.

Thing is, taking pictures is not only about cameras. People semm to miss that point and tend to think cameras do the job. Digital is not making better pictures, people's knowledge is. I agree with what rbwire says, and the pics you're talking about are taken with SLR for sure. Trust me, my job is mainly about Photography.
    view ✯★✯ d_n Portfolio ✯★✯
    Coming Soon: BlogsMonster.com

I just got my girlfriend a canon powershot 600, it's very nice and was around the 200 dollar range.
    Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

d__n: Yes the picture I added is done with a nikon SLR (3500 euro if i'm not wrong). What I want is something's good to take some picture in nightclub. I'm currently looking to buy a Fuji finepix F30 or F31FD
    info[a]secureip.ca

Quote Originally Posted by eConcept
    I want a point and shoot. My budget is around 200-250$. I will take a look in my manual of my Nikon Coolpix L4 and my Kodak EasyShare C340. If you know a good one give me the name
    No digital camera will work great in low light with that budget size... I do second the Fuji recommendation above!

You're going to have alot of trouble with most Point and Shoot camera's when trying to capture good shots in night clubs and such, if you can afford it I would reccomend the Canon 20D its an SLR. You Should go to your local camera store and tryout camera's their, and talk to the employee's because most of them tend to be proffessional photographers and very knowledgeable about the subject.

I would reccomend the Canon 20D
    Yes, nice bet. (In fact, probably the best in the price range in question)

You can get some more feedback on its night shots features here.

Buy an SLR camera, preferrably the Canon 20d. It's worth the extra few hundred bucks.

Then again if point and shoot is all thats in the budget, definetly check out the digital Elphs

Olympus SP 500 UZ or SP 510 better great camre for middle and beginners users
    pros or newbies! very cool!

Regards

<<Signatures to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-24-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    BullionHost.com - *Unix *Windows Web Hosting 100% Uptime
    30 days money back - Instant Activation - Software - For you: USA tel/fax number

Quote Originally Posted by BullionHost
    Olympus SP 500 UZ or SP 510 better great camre for middle and beginners users
    pros or newbies! very cool!
    Hi, BullionHost,

Would you mind entering into more details about that Olympus?

I got interested and would love to have some more feedback on it.

Care to share?

Canon

I use Canon, and I have no problem with it so far. (bought last year)
    www.bannerscorner.com
    Superb Banners @ Superb Prices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast