Recommend a host please

Hi

I need a new host, my old host is having a lot of downtime.

I run a small internet busines selling sporting goods.

I need the following features

100Mb Space
    10Gb per month bandwidth
    Dedicated/Static IP (as I have the checkout pages on SSL)
    Ability to use SSL certificate I buy elsewhere
    Webmail access
    Minimum 3 add-on domains - I have one domain I keep for email and a friend has a small site on my webspace
    Full error logs
    Traffic stats
    cgi scripting - the shopping cart software uses a lot of scripting

Also I would like the site to be able to have the SSL pages in the same folder as the ordinary scripts, I can redirect the https in Direct Admin with my current host, instead of having a private_html folder, this works much better for me - its called a sumbolic link I think

I know that list is not a big ask but I want excellent uptime, thats the main thing

I don't need much support, I build the site myself

Please recommend a host with excellent uptime and has all these features.

Thanks

check the offers zone
    TTechPT Hosting - Premium Hosting Solutions since 2004
    cPanel - Fantastico de Luxe - Awstats
    Affordable and Custom Web Solutions
    "Our success is your success!"

I already did, they all claim 99.9% uptime, I want to know if anyone has experienced actual uptime near that figure

I think most hosting providers should be able to meet your requirements, one place to look at uptime of a website is http://uptime.netcraft.com/

Check out Jewlzk.com, Used them for a reseller account when starting out. Was very good!

www.wattproxy.info

Quote Originally Posted by repoman
    Check out Jewlzk.com, Used them for a reseller account when starting out. Was very good!
    Hmmm may want to check out some reviews on them aswell.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ghlight=jewlzk

As techpt stated, the offers section may give you a better idea of what your working with.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

They have spelling errors on a poorly designed site, not exactly promising............

Hi!

About SSL, you can do it with almost any provider, I mean, there's no need of a separated folder for the contents that you want SSL protected.

Do you want a host using DirectAdmin? or was that just a note about how you were working with SSL?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Smile

Your requests seem easy to meet.

If you demand for good uptime, just ask for the host for uptime records.

You said that you built the site yourself, did you mean you built the online store as well?

If you are using 3rd party script like zencart, from my experience, they have problems running with php5, so you may want to stick with someone with php4 or support both php4 and 5!

I already did, they all claim 99.9% uptime, I want to know if anyone has experienced actual uptime near that figure
    Good hosts will usually reach 99.9%+ yearly uptime. However, monthly uptime can vary and reach under 99.9% values from time to time.

Also, when a host has hundreds or thousands of servers, how much does one server's uptime (good or bad) mean? Of course this is relative as well. It will mean quite a lot to the customers on that server, especially if it's bad.

If you demand for good uptime, just ask for the host for uptime records.
    Sadly, you can't always trust those completely.

Sine you don't need much disk space,I recommend pair.com and e2.I'm sure you'll get excellent uptime.