Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair...

Hair...

I don't think this is a very talked about topic...

I am a straight male, with moderately long hair. My hair is, if I might say so myself, pretty decent. For all you short hair guys, most girls really do like long hair. Anyway... I was thinking about growing it out a bit more, or maybe trimming it up and keeping it the length its at... It's about a foot long right now... I was thinking about growing it out to my belt... Cutting it all of is not an option as I feel very uncomfortable and awkward with it short..

I know if I end up growing my hair long, i'll end up like a aging hippy with a pony tail and a bald spot. I'll keep mine short :-D
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
    For all you short hair guys, most girls really do like long hair.
    Actually I find it hard to work out from back side weather long hair object is male or female

Quote Originally Posted by NationHosts
    I know if I end up growing my hair long, i'll end up like a aging hippy with a pony tail and a bald spot. I'll keep mine short :-D
    Haha! I happen to have all of my hair for now!

Quote Originally Posted by mahinder
    Actually I find it hard to work out from back side weather long hair object is male or female
    It's all about the build of the guy, I guess... No one has mistaken me for a girl yet.

Welcome to 20 years ago.

Seriously, I just keep my hair short because it's the most comfortable for me. Hate the hair in the eyes, and I hate having long hair in back.

Nothing sexier than a man with long hair.

I used to have long hair (not very long) about a year ago, first time and well, not bad.
    The only bad thing was drying it after shower. I hate wet hair and it was hard to have it dry completely.
    anyway, I feel great with short hair now.
    DWS (Desktop Whois System), an easy to use desktop application to whois domains in many TLDs...

IR5.Net Europe Shared Hosting, Reseller accounts and VPS Provider...

Do what YOU like. I have had long and short hair. I wear mine a bit shorter these days, but I do miss my long hair as well. I will say though, one thing I would never do is: ask advice at a forum populated by mostly tweens/teens.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I guess I made a mistake by asking...? I'm going on 20 so I'd so I'm still a teen by classification... Not as ignorant as most my age though... I've had long hair for some time now... Probably about 4 years or so, so it's nothing new to me...

When I was about 18 I had thick hair all the way to just above my knees. Of course, at the time it wasn't unfashionable. Short for me now. I liked it very much long, but it would look pretty dumb on me today.

I guess I made a mistake by asking...? I'm going on 20 so I'd so I'm still a teen by classification... Not as ignorant as most my age though... I've had long hair for some time now... Probably about 4 years or so, so it's nothing new to me...
    So what do YOU want to do? Of course, at your age.... I had very short hair.... but I was serving my country. Afterwards, I grew my hair out into a ponytail. I do wear it a bit shorter these days. Ultimately, the choice is yours.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

For me to become a chick-magnet I'd have to grow hair down to my feet like Cousin It.

All short and smooth here. I had long hair, but hated it....
    hi there!

Wouldn't grow it to your belt, think it's okay if a dude has hair about shoulder length, maybe a little longer. Any more and they start looking like Fabio
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Meh, I've always preferred guys with short hair - in fact one of my favorite styles on a guy is the crew cut

Imagine how will you feel when you have a interview and you've long hairs? it just looks so unprofessional in office guess what? I have spikes
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed
    Imagine how will you feel when you have a interview and you've long hairs? it just looks so unprofessional in office guess what? I have spikes
    If you're a slob about it... Yes... I usually have mine in a neat ponytail... I even had some one say, "I keep forgetting you have long hair!"

Long or short it really doesn't make a difference to me provided it looks need and tidy.

I have had long hair in my "Gino" Deejaying days but at my age (late 30's) I prefer to keep it short. Plus with the grays starting to grow in at the sides I am starting to look like the guy from the Soprano's.

*thinking* Where is that "Just for Men" bottle of hair colour?
    PrimeHost Inc. - Canadian Web Hosting PrimeHost.ca - Canada's Prime Web Host
    █ Reliable Web Hosting for Business and Personal Websites on Canadian Servers

For all you short hair guys, most girls really do like long hair.
    Right...not one girl I have gone out with has liked long hair. Not many of the guys around where I live have it either so your basically generalizing based on where your from.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby
    ....Really? Cant say that I or the women i know agree!

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    When I was about 18 I had thick hair all the way to just above my knees.
    Is that where your nick originated?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Due to uniform requirements, I must keep my hair at no more than 1/2" and usually keep it down to 1/4" at all times. Long hair just isn't for me anyways.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Abby
    Totally agree.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed

We interviewed a guy for a tech job once. He was very upfront beforehand and let us know that he had long hair, piercings and tattoos. He was pleasantly surprised to learn that every single person in our office had long hair, piercings and at least one tattoo.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    It grew from my head..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Exceed
    Any more and they start looking like Fabio
    If I remember correctly, women were throwing themselves at him...yeah, nobody wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    We interviewed a guy for a tech job once. He was very upfront beforehand and let us know that he had long hair, piercings and tattoos. He was pleasantly surprised to learn that every single person in our office had long hair, piercings and at least one tattoo.

--Tina
    Everyone! Even the guys. I wouldn't hire even one of them. Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    I think for a tech job it doesn't really matter as long as he doesn't meet customers face to face.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Why not? Steve Jobs used to come to work in shorts and flip flops. Not that I admire the guy, but it goes to show that dress has nothing to do with intelligence or ability. As long as you come to work prepared to do your job and aren't disruptive to your co-workers, I don't care if you wear your hair in a 6 ft beehive. One of the guys on our staff has a resume that would put most people's to shame. Why would I not hire him just because of long hair and tattoos?

Personally, I can't work effectively when I'm dressed in typical "female" office attire. I find it uncomfortable, restrictive and I just feel out of sorts. Let me dress in jeans and a nice t-shirt and I'll do a better job than most everyone else in the office.

If you think by dressing down you'll offend clients, you might. You might offend some close-minded, stuffy people and they might not buy from you. On the other hand, you'll make a whole other segment of potential customers feel at ease and understand that you're just "regular people"...just like them.

I'm certainly not advocating that you come to work like you just crawled out of bed and threw on something you picked off your floor. Not at all. As long as you're clean and your clothes are in good shape...and you've put forth effort to maintain your personal sense of style, it shouldn't count against you.

--Tina

At my work place there are strict dress codes. They are there for a reason. It might be differnet in webhosting since people don't see each other that much. But you cannot those sort of people interacting with your clients in real life. We have clients come to building and they don't want to be involved with those people. Business people don't like interacting with them.

At my work place there are strict dress codes. They are there for a reason. It might be differnet in webhosting since people don't see each other that much. But you cannot those sort of people interacting with your clients in real life. We have clients come to building and they don't want to be involved with those people. Business people don't like interacting with them.
    <snip>
    From what I can tell, your a very close minded individual... Also, beyond popular belief... This IS real life... Do you treat your customers that you serve via the internet any different because it's not "real life"

Just something to think about...
    Last edited by bear; 01-16-2007 at 04:26 PM.

My long hair and tattoos have never hindered my ability to interact with people on any level. I was in retail sales management for quite a while before I came to webhosting and it wasnt a problem. Most people now a days can look past the old stereotypes about people with tattoos and such. Like I said earlier, never judge a book by its cover

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    This really made me LOL..

(mouse talking about bear's hair going to his knees)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    He was pleasantly surprised to learn that every single person in our office had long hair, piercings and at least one tattoo.
    Piercings? Where where?

I really like piercings on girls, depends on where and what though (I really like tongue piercings, although they seem kinda uncomfortable). I wouldn't want a piercing myself though although in my younger years I always wanted one in the eyebrow.

Personally I wouldn't ever want to have long hair as it's very light blonde, and long light hair makes people look like a ghost or something, especially when it's not curly. I do like it on people with darker hair though, especially when it's curly. I don't like ponytails on men though.

From what I can tell, your a very close minded individual...
    If that is what you call close minded. Then i am close minded and so are all those fortune 500 companies that have strict dress codes. Street cloths are unacceptable in the work place. But what they do outside of work is fine to me.

If that is what you call close minded. Then i am close minded and so are all those fortune 500 companies that have strict dress codes. Street cloths are unacceptable in the work place. But what they do outside of work is fine to me.
    Clothing has nothing to do with it. Research has proven that wearing a suit increases overall productivity, for both the person himself and the ones working with him. The lenght of the guy's hair doesn't have anything to do with that.

I agree how a person dress/look doesn't mean much. However, I have worked in places where if you're hair is not neat, they will give you a warning and ask you to go home. Second strike and you're fired. Also, if you go to work without a tie, they will ask you to leave the building. Mostly only banks/financial institutions have these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Right...not one girl I have gone out with has liked long hair. Not many of the guys around where I live have it either so your basically generalizing based on where your from.
    Either that, or all the hot girls from your town MOVED to "Long Haired Studtown, USA."

I *wish* fewer women liked men with long hair... because that would leave more for me!

I don't think this is a very talked about topic...

I am a straight male, with moderately long hair. My hair is, if I might say so myself, pretty decent. For all you short hair guys, most girls really do like long hair. Anyway... I was thinking about growing it out a bit more, or maybe trimming it up and keeping it the length its at... It's about a foot long right now... I was thinking about growing it out to my belt... Cutting it all of is not an option as I feel very uncomfortable and awkward with it short..

lemme see, ice cream man+ long hair = david lee roth?

ps long hair on a guy is gross. ditto on facial hair!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast