Thread: Money back?

Money back?

I have been exposed to many different web hosting business recently, and specifically their "Money back" policies. Of course I plan for a 30 day money back guaranty, but if a customer pays for 1 year in advance, would you give a prorated credit if he cancels 6 months into the year? If so/no, why?
    | | i write code

Depends on the host, I would suggest looking at there TOS before purchasing 12 months advanced

Yes, we would give a prorated refund.
    The problem with 30 day refunds is that it allows for too much time in my opinion.

Ours allows for 7 days, and we think that's long enough for someone to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by plbuck
    Depends on the host, I would suggest looking at there TOS before purchasing 12 months advanced
    I'm asking from the other side. I won't be the customer.
    I don't see an issue with doing prorated discounts, it seems to bring skeptical customers in easier. Obviously it would be dumb to spend the money until it's been used, meaning that month of service has past..
    | | i write code

I have seen people who host jump, They sign up with a host use for 29 days, cancel move on. So we don't offer 30 day money back garuntee, We offer a money back garuntee, but not as long as 30 days.

Yes We would pro rate, I think you have to , Unless the client signs a contract/agreement which states that it is non refundable if he cancels before the entire term has expired.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I've been offering a 30 day money back guarantee for close to 10 years now. In all that time, and 1000s of customers, we've been requested to give a refund MAYBE 10 times. I have yet to see anyone "host jump" us.

Yes, we would give a prorated refund. There's no reason to part ways on a bad note with a client. Give them every reason to want to come back to you in the future. It works for us. YMMV

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I think its better for hosts to offer free trail hosting for 30 days intead of 30 days money back guaranty, this will motivate the persons looking for hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvision
    I think its better for hosts to offer free trail hosting for 30 days intead of 30 days money back guaranty, this will motivate the persons looking for hosting.
    It will also motivate spammers to sign up, abuse the server, and then leave.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I offer a 15 day money back, I have seen host jumps as well. A good way to to prevent it is saying money will be refunded 14 days after discontuniation

Prorating the difference is the best way to handle matters. It helps sooth any hard feelings a customer might have, and may even bring them back if they don't find another host they like.
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

Say a customer pays for a year, and after 6 months you are free to call 50% of the cost "income". What do you do with the other 50%? Put it in a high interest account?
    | | i write code

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    I've been offering a 30 day money back guarantee for close to 10 years now. In all that time, and 1000s of customers, we've been requested to give a refund MAYBE 10 times. I have yet to see anyone "host jump" us.

--Tina
    Ditto except not 10 years but 6.5 for us.

Hello guys. Do you know any place where can I prove that hosting company didn't provide me service I paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by dumpster
    Hello guys. Do you know any place where can I prove that hosting company didn't provide me service I paid for?
    Yeah you're already there
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!