Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

* Windows host needed. Please help

Hi,

Im currently hosted on godaddy. they are fine but i need a host that supports me with mysql 5. on win servers. I have been searching for a good host for more than a week. Someone please help. My main requirements are:

1) Windows 2003 server shared hosting
    2) MYsql 5.xx
    3) Chat Support 24 X 7
    4) Budget less than 10 USd. Since im paying about 4USD/month now, i'm looking something along that line initially.
    5) Location any.
    6) Good speed
    7) Space : more than 500MB
    8) BAndwidth : more than 5 GB
    9) Multiple domains is a plus
    10) reseller hosting to upgrade once things are fine

Anyone got suggestions?

You are paying only $4 per month, aren't you? Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by butleger
    You are paying only $4 per month, aren't you? Is it possible?
    the OP is asking for shared hosting, and yes, it's possible to get one at $4/month

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    the OP is asking for shared hosting, and yes, it's possible to get one at $4/month
    And you think it is a reliable one for such price?

Quote Originally Posted by butleger
    And you think it is a reliable one for such price?
    With his/her traffic and storage requirements definitely.

He/she also said less than US$ 10.

For windows hosting I think the prices are a lot higher. You should probably think about making a higher budget for what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson3757
    For windows hosting I think the prices are a lot higher. You should probably think about making a higher budget for what you need.
    Like tjohnson3757 said, windows cost a lot, GoDaddy provides good service for the price. Do you really need MySQL 5, why can't you stick with MySQL 4, is there really much difference or modification required?

You could try http://www.lunarpages.com - through their unlimited this and that is becoming questionable.

godaddy currently only supports mysql 4.024, which is way too old and most of the features I require are not there. 4.1 do support some of them. But I would prefer mysql 5.0 just to be on the safer side. stored procedures, triggers, etc i think are only supported on mysql 5.0

cyberhostpro.com seems to fit most part of the bill. I haven't yet seen any reviews on this provider here though a lot of messages are posted by him. Has anyone here hosted with them?

Reseller account and windows2003 for $5 or so!!! that might be a bit hard to find something reliable.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Yes, Godaddy is definitely giving me a good deal now and I know there are several others out there like that. Anyone hear of flashedcoder?

Quote Originally Posted by sujithmam
    Yes, Godaddy is definitely giving me a good deal now and I know there are several others out there like that. Anyone hear of flashedcoder?
    As I see you haven't made up your mind yet which company you'd like to stick. More info about companies that are interesting for you you may find with the help of Google or at the review sites like whreviews.com or reviewcentre.com.

14. Thumbs up Windows Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by sujithmam
    Hi,

Im currently hosted on godaddy. they are fine but i need a host that supports me with mysql 5. on win servers. I have been searching for a good host for more than a week. Someone please help. My main requirements are:

1) Windows 2003 server shared hosting
    2) MYsql 5.xx
    3) Chat Support 24 X 7
    4) Budget less than 10 USd. Since im paying about 4USD/month now, i'm looking something along that line initially.
    5) Location any.
    6) Good speed
    7) Space : more than 500MB
    8) BAndwidth : more than 5 GB
    9) Multiple domains is a plus
    10) reseller hosting to upgrade once things are fine

Anyone got suggestions?
    I think you can get a lot of providers who can provide same services in same amount and you like them all. Just make a search on some hosting company sites and look what they offer.
    Arvinda
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dazzle Hosting | Dazzle Yellow Pages

Any special reason of why you need a windows server? I mean, i can't see in your requeriments anything that works only on windows.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Any special reason of why you need a windows server? I mean, i can't see in your requirements anything that works only on windows.
    I also have to ask why Windows, did a black helicopter just fly by and grab my MS Certs ?

First, welcome to WHT. What you are looking for is certainly reasonable. However, to get good service and support, you will likely need to spend more than you are at GoDaddy. Try using WHT's HostQuote feature.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here. you're just asking for it with your $4/$10 budget.

Budget or Discount hosting is only going to get you so far and you're not going to be very happy at that level. Discounted accounts generally get spacious diskquotas and bandwidth to remain competitive but then the resource allocation on the server (CPU time, memory limits) are low. Why? Because it's budget hosting.

If your site is going to be doing any thing more than displaying static pages and taking email form responses chances are you're going to need more than budget hosting.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by appliedi
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here. you're just asking for it with your $4/$10 budget.
    Obviously not with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by appliedi
    Budget or Discount hosting is only going to get you so far and you're not going to be very happy at that level. Discounted accounts generally get spacious diskquotas and bandwidth to remain competitive but then the resource allocation on the server (CPU time, memory limits) are low. Why? Because it's budget hosting.
    Have you actually looked at the requirements? With those it is not difficult to find a host for US$ 10.

You'll find it and it's going to get the job done but You'll get what you pay for in _MOST_ cases.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Any special reason of why you need a windows server? I mean, i can't see in your requeriments anything that works only on windows.
    Why question this when you don't question the people who ask for nix servers and don't have any clear cut requirements for one?

It's "nearly" always the same on WHT from the people who only offer nix servers, "why do you need a Windows host" but never "why do you need a nix host".

Quote Originally Posted by YetiHost-Wullie
    Why question this when you don't question the people who ask for nix servers and don't have any clear cut requirements for one?

It's "nearly" always the same on WHT from the people who only offer nix servers, "why do you need a Windows host" but never "why do you need a nix host".
    I don't mean that this is the case, but MANY people think that because they use windows on their home needs a windows host, that's it. Is this answer good enough for you?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I don't mean that this is the case, but MANY people think that because they use windows on their home needs a windows host, that's it. Is this answer good enough for you?
    Windows 2003 is a server operating system, not a home OS so it's very unlikely that someone who doesnt have a clue about which OS to use would be running 2003 server at home. If someone asks specifically for 2003 server then it's pretty safe to assume that a nix server would not fit their requirements.

It's a Joke for the MS guys, thats all

If I asked for a windows server, I obviously needed one. I'm running a asp.net, c#.net application with mysql database. HAPPY?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast