Hosting for Government Contractor

I have a client that is a government contractor.

We moved the site over to an account with HostGator and after a week we found out that emails from the Military were not coming through...

After many emails I found out that they said the Government blocks many of there servers.

I need to find a hosting company as good as HostGator that is not blocked by the Military.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

I don't know how a host or someone here can provide this information to you.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Question

Zeechi,

I agree with hmalekib. There's no way a host will know if their server is being blocked by the military unless they have had a previous complaint. I would suggest simply asking them who they block and possibly for what reason. This might at least point you in the right direction.
    Kimberly S.
    http://www.northshorewebhost.com
    Developer Friendly cPanel Hosting

You could try mirror-image.com I believe they have some government hosting contracts. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think they host defenselink.mil

You shouldnt have any issues finding a host who is not blocked by the military unless you go with mass used hosting providers. They will have had problems with spam most likely, and therefore blocked.

Alternatively, you could take upon the task of getting a dedicated Ip for your account and whitelisting any emails sent from said site.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kdoubt
    Alternatively, you could take upon the task of getting a dedicated Ip for your account and whitelisting any emails sent from said site.
    In cPanel anyways, all e-mail is sent out from the main (shared) IP address of the server - regardless if the website itself has a static (dedicated) IP address assigned to it.

Realistically, I think you might he hard-pressed to find something suitable for military standards (as far as security goes) in a shared environment. This customer (depending on their level of involvement with military operations) might want to consider going dedicated - especially if e-mail delivery is a mission critical requirement.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Well I don't really know what to say.

When the large hosting provider tells you that most of *.mil block there datacenter and they have tried to get unblocked but there is nothing they can do about it, it kind of tells you there is a problem finding a host that can provide good connectivity for government contractors.

Other than that major problem I was extremely happy with there service and response time. They are a great host but I need to find a host that can support government contractors.

Thanks

The only issue hostgator has with the military blocks is it's hosted at theplanet.
    From what I am told 100% of theplanet's network is blocked by certain military installations to avoid security scans / issues originating from the planet's network.

Any other host should suffice as long as they're not at theplanet.
    Issues can tend to arise with any host though: Do your research!

Note: I'm sure if you fire Brent off an e-mail ([email protected]) he'd love to assist you in anyway possible. They may have hardware on an alternate network available.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    The only issue hostgator has with the military blocks is it's hosted at theplanet.
    From what I am told 100% of theplanet's network is blocked by certain military installations to avoid security scans / issues originating from the planet's network.

Any other host should suffice as long as they're not at theplanet.
    Issues can tend to arise with any host though: Do your research!

Note: I'm sure if you fire Brent off an e-mail ([email protected]) he'd love to assist you in anyway possible. They may have hardware on an alternate network available.
    Thanks David,

That is what I have found out on my end. I am currently researching Hosting Zoom/Reseller Zoom for my clients needs.

They use NAC DataCenter so I am trying to do my research on them right now.

Thanks for the heads up utropicmedia-karl!

BTW I would still recommend HostGator, they have an excellent support department with quick turn around times! It is just some things are out of thier control.

A defense contractor should know how to get around this problem, and the DOD network can be locked down pretty tightly. Many hosts may run into the same problem, and this is just the downside of defense contracts. You have to learn to navigate the bureaucracy.
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick