Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140

    * EV1 problems [merged]

    Hi all,

    Looks like the EV1/Planet integration has a few little hiccups to do with the respective control panels being merged.

    At the moment, EV1 customers, are unable to use many of the basic functions such as bandwidth usage and service monitoring. In a live chat with a Planet Rep (Robert) he said they are aware of the situation and are working on restoration ASAP. Apparently support doesnt have access to the usage stats either.

    If you are relying on service monitoring by EV1 I suggest you setup alternative arrangements while they sort things out.

    Also note that none of the reporting on the advanced services such as Tippingpoint or dynamic routing are working either.

    No ETR.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    3,498
    At least the servers seem to be online. What I find upsetting is the lack of customer notification. Did any of you get an email from them?


    Alex

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinix
    Hi all,

    Looks like the EV1/Planet integration has a few little hiccups to do with the respective control panels being merged.
    I imagine there will be not hiccups, but rather BARFING when the new company is named "The Planet".

    Trust me friends, it's on the way, and the natives over at EV1 are getting restless....
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinix
    Hi all,

    Looks like the EV1/Planet integration has a few little hiccups to do with the respective control panels being merged.

    At the moment, EV1 customers, are unable to use many of the basic functions such as bandwidth usage and service monitoring. In a live chat with a Planet Rep (Robert) he said they are aware of the situation and are working on restoration ASAP. Apparently support doesnt have access to the usage stats either.

    If you are relying on service monitoring by EV1 I suggest you setup alternative arrangements while they sort things out.

    Also note that none of the reporting on the advanced services such as Tippingpoint or dynamic routing are working either.

    No ETR.
    Thank you, I have reported the issues in your post to our development team. Several of us will be standing by through the night to resolve any problems with the new Web site, customer portal, shopping cart and forums.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    Thank you, I have reported the issues in your post to our development team. Several of us will be standing by through the night to resolve any problems with the new Web site, customer portal, shopping cart and forums.
    Hi Brooke, thanks for that, I certainly hope it wasn't news to them

    Being that your (EV1's) forums are down for maintenance too, may I humbly suggest that an announcement or notice be put in Orbit advising these teething problems.

    How are you going to advise your customers when this is resolved?
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    The new forums are now live: http://forums.theplanet.com/

    Regarding the remaining questions in your post...let me find out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140

    * EV1 merger notification, or lack thereof

    Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    At least the servers seem to be online. What I find upsetting is the lack of customer notification. Did any of you get an email from them?


    Alex

    I did not receive any notices, which is upsetting too, but if no customers were notified, well then followed closely by

    BTW my contact email is @gmail and I dont seem to have any problems getting their invoices

    Perhaps Brooke or another rep can comment on this issue?
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by PSFServers
    I imagine there will be not hiccups, but rather BARFING when the new company is named "The Planet".

    Trust me friends, it's on the way, and the natives over at EV1 are getting restless....

    Guess time will tell. Not that I have any intention of calling off further deployments at EV1 just yet, might just put them on hold until the dust settles.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    The new forums are now live: http://forums.theplanet.com/

    Regarding the remaining questions in your post...let me find out.
    Thanks! hey, my EV1 login works too. But no post there about these Orbit issues either.
    Last edited by Infinix; 01-15-2007 at 07:08 AM.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinix
    I did not receive any notices, which is upsetting too, but if no customers were notified, well then followed closely by

    BTW my contact email is @gmail and I dont seem to have any problems getting their invoices

    Perhaps Brooke or another rep can comment on this issue?
    There is a communication scheduled to be sent at 7:00AM CST (two hours from now).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    There is a communication scheduled to be sent at 7:00AM CST (two hours from now).
    Ok, thats going to be midnight here, so I'll deal with this in the morning. Thanks for the quick updates.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195

    * EV1's new system

    Am presently SOOOOOOOO livid with EV1/The Planet as they've gone and changed their Admin control system without informing their clients. This wouldn't be too bad except last time they did that when they went to comment.net they lost ALL our DNS zones. Every single one! So we couldn't do any updates for days. And with the amount of clients we have every day there are records we need to change.

    Their TT system doesn't work in that you can't see your TT once submitted unless you note the ID before you click View.

    I could go on but not sure if I can . I just need a place to vent my frutration and ask if others with EV1 are having any better joy as their Forums are presently down

    P.s. It took me 30 minutes to log in to the new system after several attempts. The username is now case sensitive :wall: Another reason for informing your clients what's going on!
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  13. #13
    Since The Planet bought them, I'm sure they will be making many changes.
    Maybe bad now, but I'm sure all nails will be hammered out.
    They don't need to tell you about changes to their system, it's their property. Maybe poor sight in doing it though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Olde Englandshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    The new forums are now live: http://forums.theplanet.com/
    It would seem that you guys have merged the member base from the EV1Servers forum and The Planet forum. Interesting, as there appears to have been a "cprompt" at EV1, thus completely blowing me, and all 2,500 of my useless posts, off the face of the map

  15. #15
    Seems I'm even getting screwed around by WebHostingTalk tonight. Just deleted my entire post because I linked to another thread in the Ded Hosting forum and don't have 5 posts on this site. Fer crying out... Seem familiar?

    I've been banging my head against a brick wall with EV1/Planet for the last six hours now. More actually. Almost 9, just 6 since I first decided to raise a support issue. Sorry... first TRIED to raise a support issue. Just give me a ticket, please.

    I'm going to take another deep breath. Then I am going to go and whinge in the other forum.

    cb
    --

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    Yes alpha I know they don't have to tell us :wall:

    It's customer service to inform your clients/customers about something as major as this! Especially as I said after what happened last time.

    Anyway to date:
    * username has changed to uppercase for logging in
    * all DNS zones have gone
    * all subuser accounts have gone
    * the TT system is backwards (showing oldest first)
    * any new TTs can't be found unless you wrote the id down when it was created
    * the email that comes to you from the TT system has a link to the TT that doesn't work
    * responses in the TTs are "canned"
    * the forums are down
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  17. #17
    Well I am mightily pee'd off.

    All I've been doing for the last 9 hours is try to renew a domain it ain't working.

    So all I've been doing for the last 6 hours is try to raise a ticket. It ain't working either.

    In the meantime the domain has lapsed. Client noticed almost two hours ago now. It's almost midnight so I don't know whether to stay up or lie in bed awake feeling stressed out about all the chaos that will ensue in the morning.

    I've already tried to explain this so many times now, but emails have bounced, tickets have either disappeared or been closed by over-zealous support staff...

    - domain renewals aren't working
    - orbit ticketing is flakey (closed tickets not showing up, in reverse order etc.)
    - orbit is buggy and confs are missing
    - domains at planet is bouncing
    - domains and support at ev1 are not issuing tickets
    - contact form in planet domain manager has no confirmation of message sent
    - all available support people either refer you to domains at or orbit
    - orbit case staff refer you to domains at
    - forums were down
    - ev1 web site lists bouncing email address domains @ planet
    - last resort, headsurfer bounces
    - did i mention that renewals still don't work?

    I just want to pay my $6.50 and get out of here.

    I've always been very happy with EV1, and Rackshack prior to that, but honestly the last 6 hours of my life are not worth continuing any sort of association with them on my behalf or that of my clients.

    It's interesting how the whole domain thing has just been shoved in the corner (even though EV1 gained ICANN accredited status) and obviously noone's paying any attention to what's going on in that corner of the world.

    But the domain is no longer the problem. I last tried that six hours ago and just again now. It's the fact that I can't get anyone to even acknowledge that there's a problem.

    cb
    --

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Olde Englandshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskyhost
    - last resort, headsurfer bounces
    --
    Well, he did leave the company nearly a year ago

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    I'm with TP, running many servers and haven't had a problem. Not trying to gloat, just tossing in some happiness

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by cprompt
    Well, he did leave the company nearly a year ago
    Well that figures.

    It all makes sense now.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskyhost
    Seems I'm even getting screwed around by WebHostingTalk tonight. Just deleted my entire post because I linked to another thread in the Ded Hosting forum and don't have 5 posts on this site. Fer crying out... Seem familiar?
    Threads merged

  22. #22
    “The merger is exciting news for all stakeholders,” said Robert Marsh, Headsurfer and founder of EV1. “It will be seamless from a client perspective and will result in a host of benefits for our clients.” (May 6, 2006)

    8 months ago, cprompt.

    I guess I only have myself to blame for assuming that the transition with the very-much-defunct domains system would also be seamless. Seeing as we were all notified of it...

    ...

    "Naawwt."

    cb
    --

  23. #23
    Server down, can't login to controlpanel, forums are gone--so far, this sucks real bad.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Olde Englandshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskyhost
    8 months ago, cprompt.
    8 months or 12 months, the guys is still gone

  25. #25
    Yeah, he drove away in his new Ferrari and left us stranded.

  26. #26
    trace to my server ends at
    13*35* 129.250.10.142ge-4.ev1.hstntx01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

    143535* 207.218.245.28ivhou-207-218-245-28.ev1servers.net

    so I guess everyone is down.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaNoob
    Server down, can't login to controlpanel, forums are gone--so far, this sucks real bad.

    Try changing any letters in your username to uppercase!
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaNoob
    trace to my server ends at
    13*35* 129.250.10.142ge-4.ev1.hstntx01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net

    143535* 207.218.245.28ivhou-207-218-245-28.ev1servers.net

    so I guess everyone is down.

    No we're fine and so is Mekhu's servers by the sounds of things. The only good thing is that our servers are still up and running but we can't actually do anything in the command centre :/

    I need to change several DNS records but atm I have a list of 0 to edit instead of 150+
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,080
    If you are having trouble logging in using your RS/ES make sure to use upper case rs / es will not work. They are also having some other internal server errors they are working on, no eta but I am sure the dev team are collectively pounding plenty of redbulls to try and fix all the small bugs.

    I have no clue on the DNS, I sure hope it is fine or some rather big clients are going to have issues.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaNoob
    Server down, can't login to controlpanel, forums are gone--so far, this sucks real bad.
    Please PM me your account ID! I'll troubleshoot you on the login and escalate your support issue asap.

  31. #31
    Saw the mention above about controlpanel usernames being converted to uppercase, so I was able to login to the controlpanel by switching to uppercase, but once in the controlpanel, nothing works.

    I've been with live support for almost an hour, but they didn't tell about the uppercase switch and cán't or won't tell me why the servers are down.

  32. #32
    tried to pm you BrookeM

    ------------
    PermaNoob, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    -------------

    try to pm me please.

    ...
    just got support ticket for reboot--hope that fixes the issue.

    You might tell your support people to tell ev1 users to use uppercase on their login--2 support people didn't know that.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskyhost
    Well I am mightily pee'd off.

    All I've been doing for the last 9 hours is try to renew a domain it ain't working.

    So all I've been doing for the last 6 hours is try to raise a ticket. It ain't working either.

    In the meantime the domain has lapsed. Client noticed almost two hours ago now. It's almost midnight so I don't know whether to stay up or lie in bed awake feeling stressed out about all the chaos that will ensue in the morning.

    I've already tried to explain this so many times now, but emails have bounced, tickets have either disappeared or been closed by over-zealous support staff...

    - domain renewals aren't working
    - orbit ticketing is flakey (closed tickets not showing up, in reverse order etc.)
    - orbit is buggy and confs are missing
    - domains at planet is bouncing
    - domains and support at ev1 are not issuing tickets
    - contact form in planet domain manager has no confirmation of message sent
    - all available support people either refer you to domains at or orbit
    - orbit case staff refer you to domains at
    - forums were down
    - ev1 web site lists bouncing email address domains @ planet
    - last resort, headsurfer bounces
    - did i mention that renewals still don't work?

    I just want to pay my $6.50 and get out of here.

    I've always been very happy with EV1, and Rackshack prior to that, but honestly the last 6 hours of my life are not worth continuing any sort of association with them on my behalf or that of my clients.

    It's interesting how the whole domain thing has just been shoved in the corner (even though EV1 gained ICANN accredited status) and obviously noone's paying any attention to what's going on in that corner of the world.

    But the domain is no longer the problem. I last tried that six hours ago and just again now. It's the fact that I can't get anyone to even acknowledge that there's a problem.

    cb
    --
    Please PM me the domain you need renewed and your account ID.

    Also the email address you should use is [email protected], not [email protected].

    [email protected] will not work, but to escalate an issue to all of management you can use [email protected].

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaNoob
    tried to pm you BrookeM

    ------------
    PermaNoob, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    -------------

    try to pm me please.
    Doesn't work for me either, "PermaNoob has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

    Please send me an email at [email protected].

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaNoob
    Saw the mention above about controlpanel usernames being converted to uppercase, so I was able to login to the controlpanel by switching to uppercase, but once in the controlpanel, nothing works.

    I've been with live support for almost an hour, but they didn't tell about the uppercase switch and cán't or won't tell me why the servers are down.
    By "controlpanel" do you mean Orbit or your server's control panel?

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    By "controlpanel" do you mean Orbit or your server's control panel?
    I'm sure he meant Orbit!
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by SH-Giles
    I'm sure he meant Orbit!
    That's what I assume...but you know what happens when you assume.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    oh yeeees
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    BrookeM any idea on when the DNS will be fixed? As I said I need to make urgent changes to records!

    Do you want me to PM you my user id?
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    195
    PM sent anyway
    It's a Savage Universe out there!
    Savage Hosting Ltd - CLS | MCP | ITIL | PRINCE2 | Nerd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •