Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Planet [merged]

Anyone else notice the new TP website - http://www.theplanet.com? Looks like the merger's done.

I hate to say it but I hate the layout of there web site. That is just my opinion.

Looks like it - nice site too .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

True, I find it's not the best but a lot better than their old website.

Seems like they are offering more bandwidth on their servers now as well.

I hate to say it but I hate the layout of there web site. That is just my opinion.
    Personally, I think it is rather nice! In my opinoin, I think its rather unique. The design itself has great potential and is very proficent. It is a very big improvement from their most recent website.

I noticed something additional that they seemed to have done - which is incorporating all of their brands (ex: Insomnia365) all into one website, as opposed to creating a completely separate web presence for each of them. This will be much easier for potential client's to learn more about their services.

I personally like the site a lot -- good contrast.

I think they could have done a better job on the "border" of the website. Other than that, it looks nice.

It's a website. Hard for me to see much more than that there.

good lookin site i think..

Mike

has anyone noticed what happened to www.ev1servers.net !

nettigritty.com Web Hosting
    TAMING THE WORLD WILD WEB

I most certainly have

Though I must admit, I still prefer the EV1 website. Very clean and simple.

Now just waiting for some merger specials

I like the new logo, a lot better than the old one
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Bye, Bye EV1Servers

http://ev1servers.net

Welcome to The Planet, Folks!
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Everything changes, nothing stays the same..
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Welcome to a year ago.

The new Orbit skin is smokin hot!

FWIW, I like their "look" -- branding-wise. The site looks sharp. I still wouldn't host my dog there (if I had a dog) but their site looks nice.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    It's a website. Hard for me to see much more than that there.
    I assume you are not a designer. The dark color is not good. They should of went with lighter colors. In today's designing a dark color can't be your main color. You can see this is most web 2.0 designs. The gray strips on the side make the site look like it is not finished.

When I said that I did not like the new layout I was not referring to the front page. The front page is actually not bad. I was referring to their Dedicated server packages http://www.theplanet.com/selfmanaged_servers/, if you pick Mid-Level and you start mousing over the servers on that page you start getting dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    I assume you are not a designer. The dark color is not good. They should of went with lighter colors. In today's designing a dark color can't be your main color. You can see this is most web 2.0 designs. The gray strips on the side make the site look like it is not finished.
    lol, you say this like it's law. I'm sure they know what they're doing

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    Welcome to a year ago.

Welcome to NOW....Name is changed as of Midnight, and I'm collecting my $100 bet from grunt.

grunt where are you? pay rodney...I owe him a bill.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    Zach E. - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

I think the old layout/design was better, especially the Orbit's one. Also font name used there seems to be not very "pro". But I'm moving to SL so no more interesting for me

Quote Originally Posted by ckissi
    I think the old layout/design was better, especially the Orbit's one. Also font name used there seems to be not very "pro". But I'm moving to SL so no more interesting for me
    Holy heck eh! SL has swept me off my feet as well. I'll stick with both for the time being, but damn, TP has some competition

Does this mean the end of EV1Servers as a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine
    Does this mean the end of EV1Servers as a brand?
    I think it pretty much does, yes. This time next year, the name "EV1Servers" will be but a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    When I said that I did not like the new layout I was not referring to the front page. The front page is actually not bad. I was referring to their Dedicated server packages http://www.theplanet.com/selfmanaged_servers/, if you pick Mid-Level and you start mousing over the servers on that page you start getting dizzy.
    Thats the issue that I had...started looking at servers and felt like the room was spinning. Aside from that, I think the new layout is excellent. I'd still like to see the servers lined up side by side so comparison would be easier withough having to swirl around the mouseover.

It's fun to see how the site is getting slower and slower as more americans wake up and drop online, everyone is downloading and caching thier new layout, and the site is actually crawling for me and a few others right now (right now i've been waiting 5 mins to view the mid level server packages)

Btw, some info from the CEO here if anyone feels like reading: http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=85268
    || Semi-professional PHP developer || Exams right now, don't I just feel lucky? ||

the site has a nice dark cool look but not used to the navigation.

hmm and I don't see even half of my servers with Ev1 in new Orbit portal.... Like they don't even existing

Quote Originally Posted by steven-v
    hmm and I don't see even half of my servers with Ev1 in new Orbit portal.... Like they don't even existing
    steven-v, please PM me your account number and, if you recall them, the IPs of the servers that are missing from your account.

their site done not looks good when you surf inner pages. also they have not clearly mentions prices, if they have i was not able to find it
    www.a1domainhosting.com :: www.topwebhostreward.com Best in support and quality

Quote Originally Posted by a1domainhosting
    their site done not looks good when you surf inner pages. also they have not clearly mentions prices, if they have i was not able to find it
    Sorry but I prefere the old orbit and their old site,

Mayble they just needed to put the server more cleanely on the old looks.

The graph where improved by the surf-friendly has decreased (That's my opnion).

Mayble the change is not over yeat

To me, the new site seems to be seriously lacking, mainly in the area of looking through their product line, etc. It seems they broke them up into different levels with really little to distinguish them. They don't give an idea of pricing in the different levels unless you mouse over a specific systems, and even then, the whole idea of mousing over, etc. is amazingly annoying to me. One other major thing, the Opteron and Woodcrest series systems, at least, do not list the processor specs on the ordering page, just on the mouse-over. If you need to check the processor on it, you can't click back and get there, you need to click on the link at the top. That made me just notice the whole, not able to click "Back" thing.. Anything in the server listing, etc. is like that, making navigation quite difficult, especially if you're going forward and back comparing different systems, etc.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

They did a horrid job of notifying people and integrating ev1 customers into Orbit. Apparently remote reboot, bandwidth monitoring, KVM, and a few other things did not work in the transition to Orbit. At least the servers stayed online.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cprompt
    I think it pretty much does, yes. This time next year, the name "EV1Servers" will be but a distant memory.
    we still remember rackshack, don't we? i don't see why ev1servers will be any different.

I think it's a decent site but very much 'welcome to corporate hosting', which is what it is now that it is owned by an investment firm.

I suspect this will be a worry for many existing and potential customers; Erwin wants to build it in to a $0.25 billion business. The small fish will be worried about the personal service they expect to receive when this is the case.

Chris from Rochen sent me this link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4467888.html
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeM
    steven-v, please PM me your account number and, if you recall them, the IPs of the servers that are missing from your account.
    Brooke, can't that be retrieved from servercommand somehow? I know you've disabled the front-end .. but there might be a separate admin or support access?

great looks ike i'm getting ev1 server's crappy support when i call theplant now =/

No notice whatsoever and a very, very broken Orbit. Why am I not surprized?

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast