Question Foreign Hosting Companies okay?

I've stumbled across some interesting information. I've been narrowing down my hosting options for weeks now, and I only recently realized that my prime choice, Downtownhost, was based in Argentina. All the other companies on my radar are based in the US. See:

cheapwebhostingservicedirectory.com/webhosting/companies/hostingmatterscom.html
    cheapwebhostingservicedirectory.com/webhosting/companies/Downtownhostcom.html
    cheapwebhostingservicedirectory.com/webhosting/companies/Paircom.html
    cheapwebhostingservicedirectory.com/webhosting/companies/FluidHostingcom.html

Is it wise to use a foreign host? I've read nothing but glowing reviews about DHT on this forum, but I'm not sure how many people know about this. Does it even matter in this modern global market where currency is easily converted between nations? I even did some research into their currency: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_peso

Thanks.

All of those companies above use US datacenters for their servers. I also don't believe they accept any different currencies besides USD (perhaps DTH does, though).

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

And I wasn't implying that they accepted pesos. I was wondering how being foreign would affect their finances. Wouldn't there be some added financial uncertainty due to fluctuating exchange rates?

Wouldn't there be some added financial uncertainty due to fluctuating exchange rates?
    If most of their costs are in the currency that they sell in, the added risk isn't that high.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    If most of their costs are in the currency that they sell in, the added risk isn't that high.
    That's correct, at least to some degree. We are Canadian, but accept only USD, and all of our expenses are USD. The main thing that gets affected is our net profit, $1000 can be $1100 or $1500 for us depending on the exchange rate.

We are an USA incorporated company, we work with US banks, and an American merchant account, therefore as a company, we are not affected for the economical variations in Argentina.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

we are not affected for the economical variations in Argentina.
    Are wages counted in the mix?

I wondered about this myself. Can you trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Are wages counted in the mix?
    Yes indeed, because we pay to our employees in U$S
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore