Lightbulb Require: Investors for Portal Service

We are working on a Portal service (like Rediff & Yahoo) but on a wider yet smaller scale (more features n services, less size).

We require investors and are willing to pay off investments within 6 months from investment date + % interest for following 12 months (1 year).

For each 100$ invested, we offer 2% stake / returns for 1 year after investment payback.

We are looking at high yield and returns and see a major cash-cow effect for us in our target area - India and Indians abroad (internationally).

The site is still under development and currently has a 4 partner external invesmtent stake of 10% (4+4+2+2).

The idea being worked upon is a Portal Service with-

Email
    Photo Hosting
    Social Network
    Rate Photos
    Family Photos / Baby Photos
    EGreetings
    Music Portal
    Movie Review Portal
    Travel Booking
    Online Shopping
    and much more....

ETA of public beta launch will be within 30 days of investors investment.

Investors WILL be mentioned on the MAIN portal page as well as on some particular services sites, etc and WILL have banner space on one or more pages.

Current Investors:
    UK Sea Cadets
    Robert MacLennan

Investors as per verbal promise:
    CreativeDR
    Socketmail.Com

Only investors who will pay ATLEAST 100$ or higher should PM.

ONLY PAYPAL will be accepted at this time.

Please do not PM for non-cash partnerships UNLESS you want to be a SPONSOR (where you are ready to offer free services to our members/users) in exchange for ad-space on any of the services of the portal.

Income / Expense Statements will be provded every 2 months for investors and partners of the project throughout the project lifespan or investor agreement.

A duly signed contract will be created as well on request.

I may be interested, but I have a few questions.

Do you have:
    1. business plan
    2. Market analysis, detailed penetration strategy and benchmarks to measure penetration success
    3. Full ROI analysis for investors
    4. Registration/incorporation documents
    5. Detailed short/medium/long term revenue forecasts (at least short/medium, since 18 months qualifies as medium term)

I'll be happy to sign an DNA for this documentation but it must be complete, and as a potential investor, it must naturally be compelling

Please advise!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

As above ^
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I would second the above post if you can contact me with the same information I may be interested pending on reading of these documents
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    Kualo.com
    Developer & Designer-Friendly Web Hosting

I'll be happy to sign an DNA for this documentation
    A DNA, eh?

Same goes for me though.

I'm not giving any DNA but an NDA would be fine and, same as the many responses above. Let's see the documentation behind this idea.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

Same as above

Lightbulb

Hello everyone,

NDA is what I thought as well. No blood transfusion (DNA messing) today

Alright seriously, I was thinking of keeping this private but since it would bug me to PM each person and then more ask for the same - I'll keep it simple and open.

Business Plan:

Setting up a Portal offering various free and paid services to users at affordable prices and with great quality. There are only a few portals out there talked about and they are so huge - that competing with them right now is silly to even mention (Yahoo, rediff, msn). However there are a lot of users who would still be interested in seeing something new and using "unique" services under one tree. The Business to be setup is to "Search", "Target" and "Inject" (medical style). Find what people want (email vs. photo hosting vs both) and target which users want it and give them what they want. (unlike traditional method where you target on base of hobbies or occupation, or global targetting ) We will be targeting Indians around the world (Yes INDIANS) since they make up the 2nd largest population in the world and unlike the history books in USA where India's a poor nation and stuff...most internet savvy users come from India (believe it or not). Though the focus would be at Indians accross the world, global users will be invited and welcome to search and use the portal as well.

Market Analysis

Till 2005, Indian internet users were not very aggressive in using non-chat applications. However in 2006, we saw a boom in the internet growth and usage with over 30,00,000+ sites made by Indians coming up (most of them blogs) but that still counts. Ebay in 2005-06 started ebay.in (India dedicated) and tied up with banks - clearly seeing India as a niche market and not a "poor" one as history books. The idea of the project is to push into the cash-cow market and milk out as much funds possible before International players like Ebay actually start deep marketing into India (right now they have setup outlets , yet not marketed much here). If we can start advertising and marketing we could get a lot of these rich users or mass users and get into the limelight before ebay and other international players swoop in.

The idea so far is to feature atleast 15 services free and paid with UNIQUE registrations on each. Unlike the easier and more friendly system of user registers once and uses any service - the idea here is that users wont use ALL features and will use few or some, and we want to find out which user uses which ones and let them register multiple times for services (different ones) to find out which services are in demand and which are just on the side of "okay...here it is but no one wants it".

We see revenue coming in the following ways:

1. Premium Signups (Paid Services)
    2. Advertisments (Yahoo & Google Adsense)
    3. Ads through local companies or Foreign Companies
    4. Tie up with a world famous online store , Travel companies and coffee shops to offer premium quality products and services at affordable rates taking a cut of 5 to 15% on sales.
    5. Added Search Systems for finding Medical Agencies, Doctors, Lawyers from all over the world. A Hot-scripts type of Script Search Database as well as one for Softwares with free & paid softwares mentioned. A Search engine with free listing and paid listing.
    6. Commission Junction tie ups
    7. Ads by other business's and companies who want ad space or banner space.

Return on Investment (ROI) & Legalities :
    - For each 100$ invested a 2% ROI is guaranteed.
    - This is upto a total of 8% (400$) after which each additional 100$ will fetch 1% each.
    - ROI is expected within 8 months from investment date
    - After the ROI is complete, additional 12 months (if stake less than 8%) revenue of % share on income will be paid each month for 1 year ( 8 Months for ROI + 12 months for % Returns)
    - All books of accounts or statements will be available for scanning for investors every two months
    - IF stake is over 8% (upto 15% stake at max for investors) % returns will be paid off to them for 24 months (2 years)
    - Investment will be PAID Back within 8 months and a Guarantee & Written & Signed document of TOA (Terms of Agreement) & IA (Investment Agreement) between me (The Project) and you (The investor) will be duly signed.
    - The Project WILL BE LIABLE to pay back investment within 8 months (unless agreed upon with investor for a longer pay back date or other custom agreement such as % share in income for perpetuity). However, the project's liability to investors is limited to Investment Payback (ROI) only
    - NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), TOA and IA will be duly signed by both parties and will be legally bearing.

Registration / Incorporation:
    Under Indian Law, we donot need to register company UNTIL or UNLESS
    1) Public Ltd Company
    2) Partnership Company
    3) Income over 1,00,000 Rupees (INR) per annum (year)

As this is a Privately owned company with outside investment yet no partners nor SHARE-holding rights registration WILL be DELAYED till enough investment is made to register the company. I am most interested in registering the company however, will have to wait until the reports / statements show a closely aimed to 1,00,000 Rs. in the first year at which point we will immediately register OR if some investor/s are ready to invest extra (non % funds) for registration.

Revenue Projections for

1-3 Months : NIL
    4-6 Months: NIL (all quick income will be invested into the projects development & other share will be kept on side for ROI )
    6-8 Months: ROI of ATLEAST 90% , to 100%
    8-12 Months: ROI complete + % interest Returns to investors (appx. 20,000 rs. a month income)
    12-18 Months: Looking at tremendous growth and milking of consumers world-wide and aiming at over 50,000 rs a month (by which time registration of company IS REQUIRED).
    In case earnings are higher than 60,000 rs. bonus % to investors for those months will be paid at a rate of 0.5% per 5% investment holding rate ADDITIONALLY !
    18-24 Months: Should have majority or closely majority market share and international players who are expected to come into India will start sucking in their share soon. However our majority also means happy and loyal customers and we should see atleast 50-80,000 rs a month earnings OR more.

Rights / Regulations :

*Investor total will not at anytime be more than 40% in total.
    *Investors do not have Company running rights
    *Investors will be paid fixed interest on revenue AFTER ROI
    *Investor CAN back out from the investment HOWEVER will be paid back his ROI within 6 months from backing out notice
    * The Project is liable only to extent of ROI.
    * Documents will be signed and legally accepted.

-------------------------

PLEASE PM if interested.

Please post how the money is being used, and how much you are attempting to raise total.
    GrammarForum.com -- For free English and Spanish grammar, diction, and vocabulary help!

Advertisments - Print, Visual (TV) and Online Media
    Staff - Employees to work the Services, Market and Sell or Distribute Merchandise
    Accounting - For account records
    Development - Adding more services, content , development of the portal
    Programmers - Custom Coding Services
    Partnerships/Alliances - Alliances with some popular national brands
    Merchandise - Tshirts, caps and mugs and more with printed name of portal

Total Investment required is $60,000 USD (currently holding 40,000$ inclusive of 4 investors)

Pending Requirements - $ 20,000 USD

+

Additional Development Investment - upto $ 10,000 investment additional will be accepted under custom agreement (% share from my own income for limited x month/s of time)

Please donot request additional information or questions.

If you are interested just PM .

You may want to reconsider doing this publicly and choose to go the NDA route (or even DNA ), since the information you've shared doesn't address any of the areas an investor would need to have addressed.

For the ROI, it's good to see that there are plans to pay people back, but there's no disclosure about where the revenue is coming from, what research has been done to validate the numbers shared, line-by-line disclosure of how invested funds are to be spent, or even an apples-to-apples comparison with a similar, successful model. There's no expressed investment goal, and no budget against which to compare that goal. The principles involved in this project are not introduced and their roles are not made clear.

Etc., etc., ad nauseum. All of this is business plan material, and personally, I've never seen a business plan that didn't require at least a good 30-40 pages to cover everything an investor would want to see in order to make a proper judgment over an investment. If this sounds like a lot of work in order to get someone to spend $100, this is pretty much required reading even if you're selling .25 stock, let alone $100 shares!

The registration question brings up legal liability questions too (if someone gets screwed, who's responsible under what jurisdiction), but hopefully you're getting the idea. I'm not at all saying this is your intent. In fact, I wholly believe it is not. But these are issues that must be addressed as a prospective investor.

So, assuming all of this information is available or will be available soon for consideration by investors, would you like to discuss this further via NDA? There's a lot of very sensitive information involved, and I can't help but think you'll want to keep it private, particularly when talking about marketing specifics and penetration plan.

I hope you don't take offense to this! These are the types of questions potential investors should ask anyone looking for their support. I hope you welcome this dialog, because if you have good answers ready, it's really going to help your cause tremendously. Remember, you're essentially asking for $100/share in a company. That's $15/share more than Google asked in its IPO

I'm interested! Show me (and other potential investors) the money PM me if the information I'm requesting is available. If it's available in the future, you have an open invitation to contact me about this opportunity and woo my money out of my pocket

edit
    Please donot request additional information or questions.
    Sorry - it appears we posted at the same time. But these are questions specifically regarding your public responses anyway, so I would hope they are still welcome.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I completely agree that a NDA would be best in this situation, as any investor who has done it before would not invest based on the information given. Not that the information is bad, but it's not anywhere near thorough enough. Thanks for any responses, fremont.
    GrammarForum.com -- For free English and Spanish grammar, diction, and vocabulary help!

would you like to discuss this further via NDA? - Yes that is better.

The reason I've kept it very vague his because Im still looking at everyone's responses to see how "interested" they really are. Most people will reply just for a kick out of it.

I will PM you very soon and you can continue with your questions
    I have all day n night to talk over it. It's an INVESTMENT not a game

That is why I requested a PM anyhow.

A demo site is already up and the building is going on very well (thanks to startup investments from 4 investors + my own) so youd get to see the "Future" earlier than you'd think.

Regarding Yahoo's IPO or Google IPO ..the initial public offering was over 10,000 investors (should we assume it was around 40k investors)... anyhow im not looking for more than 20-30 anyhow since I want to limit liability in the initial run and then take more risks and increase dividends and returns.

I will PM you very soon and you can continue with your questions
    Excellent! I'm looking forward to it

Have contacted you.

Regarding a line you mentioned

For the ROI, it's good to see that there are plans to pay people back, but there's no disclosure about where the revenue is coming from

--- actually that was mentioned above:

copy paste of the extract:

We see revenue coming in the following ways:

4. Tie up with a world famous online store , Travel companies and coffee shops to offer premium quality products and services at affordable rates taking a cut of 5 to 15% on sales.
    5. Added Search Systems for finding Medical Agencies, Doctors, Lawyers from all over the world. A Hot-scripts type of Script Search Database as well as one for Softwares with free & paid softwares mentioned. A Search engine with free listing and paid listing.

There's no need to give specifics here. I'm simply going to put down the questions that your list sparks, because a list like this simply doesn't answer the "where is revenue coming from" question adequately. I understand you're being purposefully vague with public responses. That's cool! I guess I'm just responding to your response, and sort of preparing you for what we get to talk about privately soon

What services? Who needs them? How many signups can be estimated and by what calculations? How much will be charged?

How much will revenue rely on this and what are the measurable projections for advertising revenue?

Who? Who's is being targeted? How are they being sold? How much revenue is this generating? What are they receiving? What are their measurable expectations as a result of advertising? For every dollar they spend, how many people are they going to reach, and how will the quality of that impression be measured?

Who, who and who? What types of sales are open for commission? How much expense is budgeted for the negative revenue associated with commissions?

How does this make revenue? Who's paying for what? How much? Why should they care about your system versus alternatives? For every dollar they spend, how many people are they going to reach, and how will the quality of that impression be measured?

How much will revenue rely on this and what are the measurable projections for advertising revenue?

Who? Who's is being targeted? How are they being sold? How much revenue is this generating? What are they receiving? What are their measurable expectations as a result of advertising? For every dollar they spend, how many people are they going to reach, and how will the quality of that impression be measured?

All this is ready for you Just PM the list over and ill reply to it

PM replied to.

I'm still confused about your pay back plan. Is this a loan with 2% annual interest ?

The investment (or as you call loan) is paid back in 8 months.

After which you get 2% MONTHLY interest on income after the investment is paid back.

For example, you invest 100$ USD (at 2%)

So return in 0-8 months = 100$ USD
    +
    9th month till 21st month (1 year) = 2% of total income EACH n EVERY MONTH.

Regards,

Still require investors. Please contact if interested.

I will be coming to New Jersey / NY on 28th till 2nd , so if any of you are in that area we could meet up and talk over it.