Uploaded files don't appear?

Hi,

I just started using cpanel today, went to my-ip:2082, created an ftp account, signed in to that ftp account, went to the public_html folder, and uploaded some files. But when I go to my-ip, all I get is the default

"If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content."

cpanel place-holder page, even though I uploaded an index.html file, and when I try to go to my-ip/other-files-I-uploaded, all I get is a "Not Found" error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks guys.

Make sure you delete the default cPanel file, sometimes that'll screw everything up, regardless if you upload a brand new index.html.

As for your other files, are you typing them with the case sensitive name?

Also, have you verified that they indeed were uploaded? FTP programs like to look as if they are uploading, but really fail...check that too and let us know.
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

My ftp program shows that they've succeeded in being uploaded. What is the default cPanel file I should delete? I deleted _vti_inf.html and postinfo.html, which in there originally.

Were those the only two files? There should be a cpanel "index.html"

Which website are we talking about here if you don't mind sharing? And if you could provide a filename we can check that would help out a bunch.
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

My site's ip is http://67.159.30.88/ (warning, it will be a hentai site once its content is actually there, though there's nothing there at the moment)

And yes, those are the only two (there was no index.html in the public html directory).

Is it a dedicated IP? If not, use IP/~username

Nope, dedicated ip. I still can't figure this out, and it's really pissing me off. Anyone have any ideas? My browser can't even find any folders I create in my public_html folder! (I get a 404 error rather than a Forbidden error) But I can see all the files / folders in my ftp and cpanel file manager!

Did you actually install the account on the server first? Does the domain/account exist in WHM under "list accounts"?

Yes I did, and yes it appears in the list. My DNS hasn't changed from the old server to the new server yet though, but that shouldn't matter right, since I'm not accessing it by domain-name, but IP, right?