Question [Help] Adobe Audition

Greetings. I just installed a copy of Adobe Audition onto my computer to begin messing around with it some. I've used similar softwares in the past, but I wanted to try something new.

After I sat down with it, I couldn't seem to do exactly what I wanted. I got basic recording/saving down, but my main question is how exactly do add background music/effects to a file? Is there anyway to add them in real time?

Thank you in advanced for your help!

Under Your Skin

To the right you will see "user forums." You might be better off there, if no here can answer your question.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

To the left side where your "Recording 001" etc. files are shown, there is also a Open File button that is not Open Session (icons look alike) where you open it and it will import to the files list. You click it from there and drag it into the time line and everything else is pretty straight forward.

You could also just open your file explorer on Windows machine and drag the music file into the time line.

- xFluro WebHosting
    cPanel/WHM with Rvskin & Fantastico De Luxe.