Very serious issue, Please help

Hello,

I have a domain, which is not propagating well to a few set of isps ( but for majority of the users its working fine ). Now, As a result.. this domain is getting pointed to domainsponsor.com ( for those users its not propagating ) and another person who has booked a similar kind of domain is showing his page.

Lets say, for eg. I have a domain xy.com and another person has taken x-y.com recently, and when the xy.com server is not found, it redirects the visitor to domainsponsor.com and this is where x-y.com is parked.

So the visitor gets confused, as to whether my domain is xy.com or x-y.com

Please tell me how I can solve this. I should not allow my domain to get redirected to domainsponsor. It should just say server not found.

Please help at the earliest.

Santy

What is the domain? It would probably help more if you could post it / pm it.

It really depends where the change is being made, if the redirection is happening on the server end you can fix it, but more than likely it's some kind of browser feature being 'clever'.

Dan

http://dnsreport.com/ should help to see what is going on with your DNS settings.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

hai,

But even if the dns fails, who decided where it should go if the domain cannot find its nameservers.

How is it that, the domain gets redirected to domainsponsor.com if its not able to find the server

"it should only say Server Not Found"

But even if the dns fails, who decided where it should go if the domain cannot find its nameservers.
    The domain's Nameservers are. Theoretically, if it's not found, not existant, then it will point to nowhere, it will just die.

How is it that, the domain gets redirected to domainsponsor.com if its not able to find the server
    Most likely (and again, this is just theoretically), the domain has expired, and someone else has picked it up. Do a full whois report, check dnsreport, make SURE that everything is right.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details