Question email list hosting

Hi my VPS managed by MCtoast always bugs me when I email out on a list that has 2k addys.

Anyone recomend a mailer service that is ELcheapo. We only do about 4 mailing a year. Other alternatives I havent thought about?

thanks,
    clevohost

do you use php/mysql? If so why not install a good email software? We use one that is called SonicMailer and it is pretty good. We had 5000 name on mailing list on weekly send and it takes around 1 hour to do.. or try break the mail up and not sent them in 1 go, it is putting a huge load on the VPS.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

Would Google Groups work for you?

They said it was spam but its not. Someone complained as they were prolly added without consent and now Im scared to mail out to the rest of the list.

Its just a music site http://strange-trips.com

Let me ask this, if he sends them out from his own PC with everything pointed to his domain can they still trouble me or will they go after his ISP?

thanks,
    clevohost

Ill look into google groups, I need to add the 2k list in one shot to the list is this possiable?

Quote Originally Posted by clevohost
    Ill look into google groups, I need to add the 2k list in one shot to the list is this possiable?
    Under group manangement, there is a page which allows adding multiple email addresses at the same time. I don't know what the limit is but it's worth trying.

Ok thanks a bunch Ill take a look.