Post dnsstuff.com quality?

I miss the original dnsstuff.com, now they added all this fancy crap to it. I think it's ridiculous. Right now I can't even connect to it, can anybody else connect to it?

I think it's time we find another website :|

It works, you just need to scroll down a little. It's not a big deal, after all, they're providing it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    It works, you just need to scroll down a little. It's not a big deal, after all, they're providing it for free.
    <soapbox> They've provided the community with a fantastic service... hopefully the community will step up and show them some support. </soapbox>

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Works fine for me.. Use it often and the membership cost is pretty low considering the usefulness of the site...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

They provide an excellent service for free, and the option to sign up is completely up to you.

Considering the amount of traffic they get (they rank 310 on the web), and considering personal users and companies use them for troubleshooting, I think they have the right to charge for a membership.

Anyway, what right do you have to complain? If you have never paid them a single penny, you can't by all means complain about the service...

Plus, WHT charge for a more expensive membership which doesn't actually get you anything useful, and no one complains about that, and dnsstuff.com get far more hits than WHT...

More info about dnsstuff.com's position on the web can be found here http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...l=dnsstuff.com

Works fine here. I still find it quite useful

dnsstuff.com was a lot better back in the day, it didn't have any fancy interface, they didn't come up in your face to try and get you to become a member either. It was plain and simple, something I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic
    they didn't come up in your face to try and get you to become a member
    In all fairness, it's their website, they built it and paid for it for many years, so its really up to them what they do with it.

It's one of my favorite websites, great free tools. And I agree..they're not forcing membership on people. The basic stuff is still there for free.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.