Question Cpanel transferr help

i have a server online for my own personnal stuff now and i want to transferr the hand full of accounts i have on my hostgator resellers account to my server with cpanel. i log into the cpanel for my hostgator resellers account and make a full backup and do it over ftp to my new server. i put in the server ip .. the root user name and password.. but it never goes throu. i get getting unable to log in..

Actually, you would need to create a temporary FTP account on your server to FTP the files to. You cannot directly FTP into root.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

how would i create just an ftp account?

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Actually, you would need to create a temporary FTP account on your server to FTP the files to. You cannot directly FTP into root.
    You can using sftp through a shell session.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyhosting_com
    how would i create just an ftp account?
    If it's not home server, wouldn't you have an ftp account to upload stuff?
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise