Adding a website to google search engine?

Hello,
    I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum...but I have a question concerning advertising a website on google

this is googles website to advertise the website...
    http://www.google.com/addurl/

Lets say for example...

you search on google for: "fishing in canada"
    it gives you the website right away which is fishingincanada.com

and I have a website fishingincanada.net

I would also like google to display my domain name.. when people type fishing in canada not just the .COM but also the one I own(.NET) is this possible?

Thanks
    Greatly appreciated!

PS: Move the thread if its posted in the wrong place, I am sorry.

So I don't have to do a domain whois on both the .com and .net can you tell us if you own both domains (.com and .net).

If so link to the .net from the .com and google will follow the link from your .com and then eventually list your .net also.

Make sure the headers are the same on the .net as the .com as this could help but, google don't rely entirely on the headers keywords ... etc. the actual body of the page is taken into account.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

thats the thing i dont own the .com just the .net... and i want google to list the .net as well

That's a shame

If you goto the .com and look at the source it'll give you a general idea of what got them to the top and what keywords they use.

I'm quite sure the google spider visits WHT quite alot throughout the day than maybe put your .net in your sig as the spider will follow also submit direct to Google and or get listed on others sites ...etc.

Other than that and to get above the rival .com then pay google for a sponsored ad and hey presto
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Quote Originally Posted by EncoderZ
    That's a shame

If you goto the .com and look at the source it'll give you a general idea of what got them to the top and what keywords they use.

I'm quite sure the google spider visits WHT quite alot throughout the day than maybe put your .net in your sig as the spider will follow also submit direct to Google and or get listed on others sites ...etc.

Other than that and to get above the rival .com then pay google for a sponsored ad and hey presto
    I wanted .net anyways because .com is more commercial and mine is network...
    Ill make it Canadian Fishing Network

Thread moved to Web Design and Content.

and i want google to list the .net as well
    Overly simplistic, but here it goes: get lots of links from other websites, and have the links containin the keywords you want to get high rankings for.

If you have not already done so, create a Google account, go into Webmaster Tools, and add your site to your account. You'll have to go through a quick verification procedure (adding a superfluous file to the root directory of your site is the fastest way to go).

Once this is done, you'll want to add a Google Site Map to your Google account under your domain name. This is not the same as a regular user site map (though I suppose it could be modified to act as one, if you're a really good programmer). This is a site map that uses a special XML schema recognized by Google and now by other major search engines as well. Here's a tool I recommend often to automatically create a Google site map for you - http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

This will get you listed, and it may help your SERP slightly as well.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    If you have not already done so, create a Google account, go into Webmaster Tools, and add your site to your account. You'll have to go through a quick verification procedure (adding a superfluous file to the root directory of your site is the fastest way to go).

Once this is done, you'll want to add a Google Site Map to your Google account under your domain name. This is not the same as a regular user site map (though I suppose it could be modified to act as one, if you're a really good programmer). This is a site map that uses a special XML schema recognized by Google and now by other major search engines as well. Here's a tool I recommend often to automatically create a Google site map for you - http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

This will get you listed, and it may help your SERP slightly as well.
    nice sitemap generator site! thanks
    TTechPT Hosting - Premium Hosting Solutions since 2004
    cPanel - Fantastico de Luxe - Awstats
    Affordable and Custom Web Solutions
    "Our success is your success!"

Thanks a lot
    very nice

tahnk you for the site map generator

amazing tools.. generated my xml sitemap already.
    anyone here get listed in google by using this tools>>??

site map generator seems fine.It is saying that the it will be added to google in 7 days.Let us wait for 7 more days.I think this is a great tool.Thanks the_pm

Good info in this post. I appreciate it.
    uTmost Hosting and Web Services
    Christian Focused Web Hosting Services
    serving Him by serving you
    http://www.utmosthosting.com