* [Ask] Running 2-3 Os simultaneous?

Hello WHT...

I am just wondering what is the best solution to run 2 - 3 OS let say Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Linux in one PC together. Therefore all 3 os is running together in one pc. It does not matter which OS is installed first or run first.

One of the solution is to use VMWare, which I can just install windows xp first or linux then run 2 other OS inside the vmware.

Is there any better solution or suggestion for this?

I was looking at and it was good, but not sure what he use in his computer.

Last edited by -Dan; 01-13-2007 at 04:54 AM.

I personally use VMWare, and it does a good job. Although I'm like you, if there are other programs to do this, I wanna know.

i second the vmware option.
    it is really easy to setup and use once you get the hang of it

Goleta, CA
    I use vmware when I need to work on other OS's . It's fast and efficient. Plus it's newbie friendly. If you can download a file and open it you can use it.
    Last edited by cywkevin; 01-14-2007 at 06:36 AM.

Under Your Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dan
    I was looking at and it was good, but not sure what he use in his computer.

He is most likely using parallels / vm ware and MS powertools. Powertools is a free download from MS that has the switcher as a tool... although, it looked like it might be a feature of the thinkpad... the way he leaned it over, but then could have had a mouse to click off-screen. lol.

I use MS virtual pc... it is free. Although, I'm thinking of moving to something else, since VPC does not support usb connections.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

A cleaner way of doing this is to have multi boot options..but they cannot run together...just one at a time...and you would select from a menu. I may go into the gory details of setting this up if enough are interested.

I have no experience with vmware...other than just using a client.

Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

I use Virtual PC, Virtual Server and VMware. VMware seems to be the winner.
    It's Scott!

If you want to boot Vista, Virtual PC 07 (Beta) seems to support it better.
    However, some linux distributons dont work too well on it.
    I ended up using VPC07b and VMW Server (now free)
    Best of both worlds.
    BTW, VPC04 reserves all the memory beforehand...
    Prevents you from funning more than your RAM.
    VPC07 & VMW Server both allow you to set a maximum amount of RAM, but monly reserve as much as needed. Unsurprisingly, VMWare adopted this approach long before Microsoft.