bluehost good or not good ?

hi all my friend !
    if you want buy one hosting from bluehost.com plz read this toppic before buy hosting from bluehost.com
    ( last mounth i paid one hosting Plan 200GB / 2TB BW ! but when i running some website and upload 40GB in this ! at 13th they delete my account and haven't messages ! all my data lost ! )
    -------------------------
    Visitor Name: Do cuong
    Question: waiting you reply !
    IP Address: 58.187.68.46
    Browser Information: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
    Capture Information:

mbautista: Welcome to our real-time support area at
    mbautista: hello
    Do cuong: hi
    Do cuong: this morning i chatted with your support
    Do cuong: i asked why your systems delete my account hosting
    Do cuong: my account is servervn.biz
    Do cuong: can you let me to know
    mbautista: just a moment let me pull up your account
    Do cuong: ok
    Do cuong: i told with your systems one time ( 2 day ago )
    Do cuong: i has verify my account
    Do cuong: but why now you seee
    Do cuong: delete all database in this , all ,,, angry
    Do cuong: ( i'm waiting )
    mbautista: your account was deleted due to overusing the server
    mbautista: I apologize but we cannot change the account
    Do cuong: and ? can you let me to know why ?
    Do cuong: you see :
    Do cuong: Virtual 04 Jan 2007 BLUEHOST INC $-166.80 $-166.80 $427.16 Matched
    mbautista: your account was hoging the cpu
    Do cuong: this is my bill from bank
    mbautista: and we have refunded you
    mbautista: the amount of 166.80
    Do cuong: but why you told BW of my account is 2TB / mounth
    Do cuong: that why i paid
    Do cuong: if you don't have this plan
    Do cuong: i never buy
    Do cuong: undstand ?
    mbautista: You had too many processes running at one time, or you were using more than 20% of the cpu at one time, it had nothing to do with bandwidth
    Do cuong: i running upload
    Do cuong: website
    Do cuong: okay
    Do cuong: i will login some website forum ask them about this
    Do cuong: WHAT IS BLUEHOST SELLING
    Do cuong: i waiting money you refund for me !
    mbautista: I am sorry but we cannot reopen your account, we are a shared hosting servers
    Do cuong: BLUEHOST SCAM PLAN 200GB OR ..............
    Do cuong: bye
    mbautista: bye
    Do cuong: you must refund money imediartly !
    ======================================

Quote Originally Posted by docuong
    Do cuong: i running upload
    Do cuong: website
    Were you running an "upload website"? Allowing visitors of your site to upload stuff through PHP or another programming language?

If so, and if your visitors uploaded 40GB worth of files in a short time... it's no wonder that you hit CPU or # of process limits.

If I am off-base, please let us know what type of site you ran? PHP/MySQL or other database driven type of site?

How did the files get uploaded? Through FTP? Control Panel? Through a Web Script?

How popular was your website? Did you receive alot of visitors?

It very well could be bluehost just didn't want someone utilizing that much of their diskspace and were looking to can you.

OR

It could also be that we don't have the full story, and you truly were using up to many resources (CPU, RAM, # of Processes).

Without the full story, it's a little hard to pass judgement.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Thanks for the message! Though I must say, BlueHost typically fares pretty well all things considered...

i used cute fpt for upload !
    i running website : teen9x.net and some website have rank alexa hight !
    i day all my BW is : 2GB - 4GB

I don't know about deleting your info, but Bluehost are relatively upfront about there being limits to CPU/RAM usage. All shared hosts will protect their other users by suspending accounts that are overusing the CPU. The big, low budget hosts like Bluehost have powerful servers but lots of accounts on them. They can't afford accounts that overuse the servers since the servers will be heavily used much of the time - so overusing accounts will be suspended very quickly. On hosts like this (and many other types of host too) it is the CPU/RAM limits that are the real restriction, not space or bandwidth.

i know ! but if they want stop my account they must tell me to know or suppend my account before delete my account ! because in this have much data and something i saved in this !
    if they haven't Plan 200GB/2TB BW i think i will never buy from them !

Quote Originally Posted by docuong
    i know ! but if they want stop my account they must tell me to know or suppend my account before delete my account ! because in this have much data and something i saved in this !
    if they haven't Plan 200GB/2TB BW i think i will never buy from them !

200 gigs of space...that is a lie. If you really need 200 gigs of space, get a dedicated server.

Kevin
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by inteltechs
    200 gigs of space...that is a lie.
    And your evidence for this is .... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse
    And your evidence for this is .... ???

well, do you think that Bluehost will let someone host 200 gigs of space and 2000 gigs of bandwidth? I am sure they will find a reason to kick that user asap. I am not here to bash them but it is reality.

Kevin
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

funny ! goto bluehost.com and try read this plan !

Quote Originally Posted by inteltechs
    well, do you think that Bluehost will let someone host 200 gigs of space and 2000 gigs of bandwidth? I am sure they will find a reason to kick that user asap. I am not here to bash them but it is reality.

Kevin
    So it is just supposition claiming to be reality.

The economics of a successful, "overselling", budget host are relatively straightforward. It means that they are relatively insensitive to space and bandwidth use on any individual account, but hypersensitive to server load.

A lot of people tried to disprove Dreamhosts's big offers when they started and found that the space and bandwidth were available. I'm not aware of anyone doing this with Bluehost but have no reason to believe it would be different.

Of course, the number of old style static sites with space/bandwidth use as high as that will be tiny and the number of dynamic sites that can use that much space and bandwidth without overloading the server will be even tinier. But that doesn't mean that the space and bandwidth are not available, nor that Bluehost are looking at the space and bandwidth use of customers (except for the very few, if any, who approach the limits).

I think bluehost not ready to sell this plan , they need to know who need this plan ? big website right ? ,and site is very alot of visitor ? yeah that it's right if they sell this plan that is mean server can protection and save all database from customer ? , they can del all data from customer if this account overload server , why they do that ? data from customer is very importand , next time you are a customer of bluehost and in someday they can deleted all your data and say sorry and notthing backup for you , what you think ???