How to solve the following error

I have a dedicated server and it works very well to all my sites and my scripts until 2 weeks ago, I start getting errors from my sites the following error message php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

I thought this is a temporary error only when I first encounter it, but its been 2 weeks now and still the problem is continuesly showing.

The problem cause my 2 sites being penalized from google search engine because of this problem.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by edpudol
    I have a dedicated server and it works very well to all my sites and my scripts until 2 weeks ago, I start getting errors from my sites the following error message php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

I thought this is a temporary error only when I first encounter it, but its been 2 weeks now and still the problem is continuesly showing.

The problem cause my 2 sites being penalized from google search engine because of this problem.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
    Is it possible that the DNS resolvers your server is using are not responding?

Check /etc/resolv.conf -- contact your provider if you are using theirs and they are not working.
    Thomas Brenneke | Network Redux, LLC | http://www.networkredux.com
    • Proud sponsors of the SimpleMachines ImageMagick and AdiumX projects.

Please paste the output of this command:

for i in `grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf | cut -d " " -f 2` ; do dig @$i domain.com ; done

replace 'domain.com' with the problem domain.

can you check on your php.ini and make sure there is no functions disabled there. If yes, then check for fopen or fsockopen, these errors are common if you get these functions disabled.

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

Quote Originally Posted by FirmbIT
    Please paste the output of this command:

for i in `grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf | cut -d " " -f 2` ; do dig @$i domain.com ; done

replace 'domain.com' with the problem domain.
    I am trying the command you have given but I keep getting the following error
    -bash syntax error near unexpected token `do`

with the following command line :
    grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf | cut -d " " -f 2` ; do dig @$i celebritynook.com ;

I am not sure if my syntax is correct if not will you please recorrect my command

Quote Originally Posted by albatross.smart
    can you check on your php.ini and make sure there is no functions disabled there. If yes, then check for fopen or fsockopen, these errors are common if you get these functions disabled.

my apology for my ignorance, but how can I check the php.ini and how can I edit it.

If you are to check your phpinfo page then you should get the location to php.ini and once you get it you can use any of the text editors in linux to check for disabled functions.

Al
    It is reliability that counts...

It should work. Are you typing in this entire command?

Code:
    for i in `grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf | cut -d " " -f 2` ; do dig @$i celebritynook.com ; done