Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To the fitness freaks..

I baught a dumbbell set, weighing at 3KG per dumbbell. I just wanted to know how often to work out on them?

Be it once a day, or twice? How many bicep curls per workout etc?

Just want to get rid of the fat that's gaining on my arms and juice up the old muscles.

Replies much appreciated!
    It's Scott!

You need to follow a workout schedule...

I do:

Mon - Back & Bis
    Tues - Chest & Tris
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - Shoulders, calves and abs

now as for reps.. go for like 3 sets * 10-15 reps [pick a weight that is challenging for yourself]

If you want to burn the fat on your arms here is what to do :

Barbell Curls :
    set high reps in three sets, you should feel the sweating. Don't stop until you sweats. This is how you are going to loose the fat . Don't do heavy this will instead produce more mass on your arms.

Hammer:
    follow the same

I believe if you do arms 4 times a week or 3 times a week with concentration, you can have great biceps.

Set a schedule or follow mine :

MON : Chest with legs
    TUS : Back with biceps
    Wed: Shoulders with triceps
    Thur : both biceps triceps together
    Fri : Chest again
    Sat : Mix
    Sun : REST

I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed
    MON : Chest with legs
    TUS : Back with biceps
    Wed: Shoulders with triceps
    Thur : both biceps triceps together
    Fri : Chest again
    Sat : Mix
    Sun : REST
    It is like everyone has a workout schedule. I just work everything out everyday except sat and sun. It takes time to get used to. But creatine helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    It is like everyone has a workout schedule. I just work everything out everyday except sat and sun. It takes time to get used to. But creatine helps.
    Creative does help gives you the power to lift more weight . It does not help create a good build without doing anything. If you are above 20+ then 2 gaps a week is enough but if you are below 18+ 1 gap is more than enough.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

you can't spot train. u gotta do some activity, and eat right to lose fat.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

Don't train only your arms. You should do a full body workout, much easier to loose weight that way.

not to mention it saves you the emberassement of your arms being huge and your chest and lower body being MUCH smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksnels
    Don't train only your arms. You should do a full body workout, much easier to loose weight that way.

I trained with George Turner, a world class body builder. We would do upper body on Monday and Thursday. Lower body on Tuesday and Friday. You need the break between workouts for the small muscle tears to heal but this is what builds it up. You can't and shouldn't work the same area every day.

Do three sets of each exercise with increasing weight but decreasing reps. iow, if you curl a 15-pound bar for 12 reps, the next should be 17 1/2 pounds for 10 reps, then 20 pounds for 8 reps.

I got in the best shape I've been in since high school but once you break the workout, it all fades away quickly.
    IE7 is nine years behind the standards or wrong.
    But it works in IE!
    "IE is a cancer on the web" -- Paul Thurott
    "Avoid hacker-bait apps like Internet Explorer" -- Kevin Mitnick

Creative does help gives you the power to lift more weight . It does not help create a good build without doing anything. If you are above 20+ then 2 gaps a week is enough but if you are below 18+ 1 gap is more than enough.
    Have you ever used creatine? It helps you recover alot faster and when you are lifting you don't get tired as easy. so you can do more reps. creatine makes a huge difference for me and millions of other people who use it. By using it i gained more than 20 pounds in two months. There doing that with just protein. You would be so tired. what is gap?

creatine is good, but if you're training everyday, and going to failure like you should be, then you're overtraining. simple as that. you are doing more damage than good if you're overtraining. luckily you won't be feeling it as much with creatine.

Failure is for weak people. I just go to the gym and go to all the machines. Lots of protein and creatine.

Man i have been doing to for like 2 years. I just have great endurance. When young i used to run miles without stoping with no water and do many many pushups. I push it to the limit. Many people are surprised at how i drink less water than most people.

Failure is for weak people. I just go to the gym and go to all the machines. Lots of protein and creatine.
    Whatever works for you, man.

I've never supposed hosters are that much into sport, I wish I could see your photos, guys...

I agree, minus the protein and creatine which I don't take.

Everytime I step on the treadmill or lift weights, I wanna stop. But as soon as that feeling sets in you start to perform.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Jogging for 10 minutes outside is worth jogging for 30 minutes on the treadmill.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Jogging for 10 minutes outside is worth jogging for 30 minutes on the treadmill.
    how do you figure? I'm interested in how you figure that out.

Could be right. But if you use incline on the treadmilll, then you will do alot more than running outside.

Hmm, I wouldn't agree with that. Your heart rate needs to climb up to a cardio or range in order to be truly beneficial, which generally takes 25-30 minutes of plain jogging.

Despite that, yes, running outside is indeed more strenuous than running on a treadmill. Different scientific tests have been performed on the subject, however most attribute it to the resistance of air on your body.
    JetNet, LLC
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable
    Shared • Reseller • Dedicated
    http://www.jetnethost.com

most attribute it to the resistance of air on your body.
    That's BS. The benefit is resistance of the ground on your feet. YOu have to push off the stationary ground while, on a treadmill, the 'ground' is moving offering little resistance.
    But it works in IE!

I bought a lateral thigh trainer last week. Really impressed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine
    That's BS. The benefit is resistance of the ground on your feet. YOu have to push off the stationary ground while, on a treadmill, the 'ground' is moving offering little resistance.
    You still have to push off the mat of the treadmill to move forward, otherwise you'd fall off the end.
    JetNet, LLC
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable
    Shared • Reseller • Dedicated
    http://www.jetnethost.com

Quote Originally Posted by JetNet
    You still have to push off the mat of the treadmill to move forward, otherwise you'd fall off the end.
    I started to refute that and quote my former trainer who said you are just bouncing up and down off the tread but I have to think about that some. The earth is not moving so you push off it to move forward. The tread is moving so I think you are sliding backwards and your other foot just catches you from falling forward. You still have to move your leg to allow it to slide backwards so you can fall forward again. So I don't know which would take more energy. On earth, you are still doing a controlled forward fall, though, and you have to move your legs forward but there is resistance from the earth and little/none from the tread so perhaps it is there the treadmill loses out.
    But it works in IE!

Perhaps the treadmill loses out, but simple physics dictate that to move an object a certain distance will use the same amount of energy, regardless of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine
    I started to refute that and quote my former trainer who said you are just bouncing up and down off the tread but I have to think about that some. The earth is not moving so you push off it to move forward. The tread is moving so I think you are sliding backwards and your other foot just catches you from falling forward. You still have to move your leg to allow it to slide backwards so you can fall forward again. So I don't know which would take more energy. On earth, you are still doing a controlled forward fall, though, and you have to move your legs forward but there is resistance from the earth and little/none from the tread so perhaps it is there the treadmill loses out.
    Hm when you first said that I was like.. that's bs, but when you explain it like that, it seems like it actually makes sense. However when your leg is all the way at the back, you still have to push the thread harder than the speed that it's moving at, in order to make your leg go back forward. So I think in the end it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Additionally I think that another advantage of walking outside in the fresh air, with more oxigen in it. In a gym you'll probably breathe in quite a bit of air that you breathed out just before that, while you won't have that outside. And in general there's just more oxigen outside anyway.

I don't like sporting inside. I also do weightlifting myself, but I don't consider that "doing sports" though. It would fall more in the category of body building, which isn't a sport imo as there's no game element in it.

I've been doing karate for 11 years, and I'm also a lot into rugby (haven't joined a team yet, but I think I will soon). Staying fit that way is a whole lot more fun than doing fitness. The only time when you'll find me on a threadmill is to warm up for weightlifting.

Just wondering, what sports are you all into? I personally mainly do karate, rugby, motorsports and sailing. And I can see some people claim that sailing isn't a sport, but if you really do races and constantly have to hang outside the boat just to keep it upright, you'll see you're gonna be exhausted after doing it for an hour
    Last edited by Apoc; 01-16-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast