Intel XEON 3060 vs Dual Xeon

I'm trying to decide which to get.

Intel XEON 3060 146GB SAS 10K RPM 2GB DDR2 2000GB $209.00

Intel Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz 2 x 73GB SCSI 2 GB 2000GB $209.00

I'm leaning toward the 3060. But does anyone have any feedback on this? Any benchmark comparisons?

North West England
    Personally i'd go with the 3060, bear in mind that its dual core, so the equivalent to a dual cpu setup, plus each of the cores is likely to be quicker than the 2.4 anyway.

Host High - reliable UK hosting

3060 if it's just about CPU, but the second machine has 2 HDDs, I have such machine and if you're planning to have mysql on the same server with apache , it's good to set it up alone on second drive.

In terms of CPU, the 3060 all the way (it's about twice as fast!)

#1, dual core xeon (better than single core xeon) and SAS (better than normal scsi)

• SAS uses Serial transfer protocol to interface multiple devices hence lesser signaling overhead than parallel SCSI, resulting in higher speed.
    • No bus contention as SAS bus is point-to-point while SCSI bus is multidrop. Each device is connected by a dedicated bus to the initiator. Connection through expanders may appear to cause some contention, but this is transparent to the initiator.
    • SAS has no termination issues and does not require terminator packs like parallel SCSI.
    • SAS eliminates skew.
    • SAS supports higher number of devices (> 16384) while Parallel SCSI limits it to 8, 16, or 32.
    • SAS supports higher transfer speed (1.5, 3.0 or 6.0 Gbps). The speed is realized on each initiator-target connection, hence higher throughput whereas in parallel SCSI the speed is shared across the entire multidrop bus.
    • SAS supports SATA devices.
    • SAS uses SCSI commands to interface with SAS End devices.