Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FastServ
    It is common for spamhaus to blacklist DNS servers for a spamvertized domain.
    It's also common for spamhaus to suck.
    And they do that very, very well.

Sorry to hear about what happened Bashar -- it's certainly not acceptable.
    Hopefully Travis can clear everything up but .. I'd be a tad worried about continuing their.

They seem to be a tad over.. hm, zealous with their abuse complaints.
    I understand that they're top priority but do they actually know how to read them properly?
      0 Not allowed!

in the past i had one customer hosted on another box at liquidweb who actually had an expoitable php script used in spam

and the action took by the same staff member Steven Collins is emailing me asking me to take an action toward this spammer

why in this case the machine shut down and my business website got terminated although SPAMHAUS report shows clearly the abusive domain and to which IP is pointing to?

total lazy action IMO
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm....why not just unplug the server? why delete all the accounts?

True, both unplugging and deleting accounts are not good, but obviously if you unplug you dont lose any important data if there is a misunderstanding (like this one).

And all you have to do is plug it back in once it is resolved. And if its not resolved and if the client is reluctant then proceed futher.

But how did you even think a long time customer would now suddenly start using the servers for spam?

Think before you act. No matter how critical the situation is.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com
      0 Not allowed!

12hrs down and counting

neither any of the tickets are being replied

i wonder what the gurus at liquidweb are doing to investigate the matter that takes all this time

how sick
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar
    12hrs down and counting

neither any of the tickets are being replied

i wonder what the gurus at liquidweb are doing to investigate the matter that takes all this time

how sick
    Have you tried calling them to get an update? Sometimes picking up the phone is the easiest way to get issues resolved.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Have you tried calling them to get an update? Sometimes picking up the phone is the easiest way to get issues resolved.
    I would assume that isn't the cheapest thing to do from Kuwait.
      0 Not allowed!

its not cheapest thing using regular phones, but i tried to use Skype and when it says Press 1 for support the IVR replies "that is a invalid extension" although i didn't press 3 digits number as it says

dunno whats wrong but maybe die the voice quality through skype or so

its really ugly when you get ignored especially when its not your mistake

0 Not allowed!

finally went through via Skype, and i'm continuing to hold for the 5th minute

0 Not allowed!

Good Luck Buddy.
      0 Not allowed!

good luck Bashar, seems LW would have already jumped through hoops to get this resolved much faster
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service
      0 Not allowed!

and Chris answers takes the ticket # and puts me onhold for another 9 minutes and counting...

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I would assume that isn't the cheapest thing to do from Kuwait.
    With the age of Internet Telephony upon us, I would tend to disagree with you.

Edit: Is it me, or is everyone seeing LW ads (banner ads) all over the place on this thread?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

Chris speaks to Steven and Steven says to him tell Bashar he has two options:
    1) login to the machine and delete the spamming user
    2) or we will shut down the machine

they don't even realise that the machine is down for almost 14 hrs ago

now Chris tells me to wait for 45 minutes when Steven is back and he will reply to that ticket

I told him i want Option (1) to login to the machine and delete the account (just trying to get the box online for god sake)

He says well i think its best to wait for Steven

I ask get the machine online to delete the account as you said in Option (1)

Then i'm on hold for another 30 seconds then POOF the line disconnects
    I dont want to blame Chris for hanging in my face but i will blame Skype being poor connection and disconnected.

recalling...

SIGH

0 Not allowed!

Utterly Pathetic
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

Did you know the domain was a spam source? That's not clear and just wondering as another had brought that up.

Anyhow, I'm quite surprised that LW would take this action, especially when you said the box isn't in their DC, on a separate network, and the IP not even owned by them. I do understand taking action in regards to the DNS of the domain, take THAT zone out, resolved. But why take the whole box down and delete an unrelated account?

There's a piece to this puzzle that's not said in this thread as of yet and I hope LW will give that piece to us.

Call them back, get it resolved and have them update this thread. I always like to hear the end of a problem like this.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru

Edit: Is it me, or is everyone seeing LW ads (banner ads) all over the place on this thread?
    I thought that was just me. How ironic.
      0 Not allowed!

I can assure you this matter will be clarified shortly, it has reached the top levels of the organization and will be dealt with swiftly.

If actions have in fact been in error, compensation will be quite fair I assure you Bashar.

I would like to point out that this is the first thread I am aware of with complaints regarding our abuse department, and our dedicated and VPS customers from WHT are literally in the many thousands.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.
    http://www.liquidweb.com
    http://www.stormondemand.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by liquidweb
    I would like to point out that this is the first thread I am aware of with complaints regarding our abuse department, and our dedicated and VPS customers from WHT are literally in the many thousands.
    Abuse - yes. Support - no.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved very soon.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Pending a discussion with my abuse department head, this box has been started back up.

I will be certain to update the thread with further details for those onlookers. As I said before, we are extremely comitted to the satisfaction of our customers and if this was in ANY way not a justified abuse action, the end user will be compensated accordingly.
    Last edited by liquidweb-matthew; 01-12-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.
    http://www.liquidweb.com
    http://www.stormondemand.com
      0 Not allowed!

You had better take out a loan. It's his main dns/forwarding etc box and he wasn't down due to acts of god.

What shocked me is what it took you so long from first noticing this thread to plug him back in pending an investigation.
      0 Not allowed!

If you are providing DNS for a spammer or spamvertised site SpamCop and others may blacklist your IPs, or worse, the IPs of your network neighbors. If you havent already deleted the DNS entry I would suggest it. This hurts all others on the server as well as others that could be affected by the range.

As mentioned above, there might be more to the story, but I think we all agree that if you are affecting network neighbors and their ability to send mail the provider must take action swiftly.
    Looking for next opportunity
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colo4-Paul
    If you are providing DNS for a spammer or spamvertised site SpamCop and others may blacklist your IPs, or worse, the IPs of your network neighbors. If you havent already deleted the DNS entry I would suggest it. This hurts all others on the server as well as others that could be affected by the range.

As mentioned above, there might be more to the story, but I think we all agree that if you are affecting network neighbors and their ability to send mail the provider must take action swiftly.
    This is a valid point, however, in all of my dealings with professional grade Tier-1 carriers, their abuse department engages in a respectable relationship with the business operating within their premises.

Swift and decisive actions as discussed in this thread are not acceptable, unless of course there is a side to this story we haven't heard.

Nonetheless it shouldn't take 14 hours to get a system back online "pending an investigation."
    Thomas Brenneke | Network Redux, LLC | http://www.networkredux.com
    • Proud sponsors of the SimpleMachines ImageMagick and AdiumX projects.
      0 Not allowed!

Good thing I chose WebNX over LiquidWeb...
    Course-Notes.Org

US History US Government and Politics| Note Outlines Vocab
    Euro History Psychology Econonomics | Forum Study Guides
      0 Not allowed!

It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out , but atm LW are in a pretty bad light.. not only their action on the 'abuse' but the response to the 'support' requests.

Not good at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colo4-Paul
    Are we reading the same thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashar
    we have received notifications from Spamhaus including 3 other DCs (ev1servers.net, sagonet.com, above.net) and we have suspended the DNS zone on 11th of Jan
    He had suspended the account already and LW still took down his server after it had been cleaned up.

I agree there are many threads opened on WHT that can be traced back to negligence on behalf of the affected party, but that really doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast