Thumbs down Clientexec Review

I was used Clientexec during 3 months.
    After the upgrade from version 2.8.0 to 2.8.1, my billing system was down.
    I've send many tickets but they didn't offer any solution.
    They technical support is very very slow (48 hs) and after 5 day without billing system I decided cancell my account .
    When I tried copy the transcription of all the support ticket , they delete them.
    I don't recommend Clientexec, my experience was very bad.

I don't think this review belongs in this (VPS) forum - or was there a specific problem you had with Clientexec in combination with VPS technology?

The most users using billing systems like this are vps and dedicated users...

no, it doesn't belong here - running a webhost business would be a better location for billing-system issues.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good.

I have used clientexec support few times. Most of the time they provide support within hours.

You say your billing system went down, do you got any error ? If it was installation error, they can only point you about that as they do not provide free installation.

sometimes you have to log into the clientexec members area to see the answer to your ticket...

Can you provide me your email address of your account via PM so I can research it. I would be shocked if this were true. I'm not calling you a liar, but one thing we take a lot of pride in is our support, which is considered by a lot of people as the best in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto
    Can you provide me your email address of your account via PM so I can research it. I would be shocked if this were true. I'm not calling you a liar, but one thing we take a lot of pride in is our support, which is considered by a lot of people as the best in this market.
    Please let us know the outcome of this case. We have been evaluating billing platforms, among them Clietexec, and would hate to see issues with it before we even start. After all, we are trying to get away from Ubersmith which is riddled with numerous bugs and quirks for the last two years we have been using it and had enough. The sooner we get off this platform, the better. My billing manager is just about bald from dealing with constant billing program problems.

Hmm I've been using it for about a year now and never really had any problems running it, upgrading it or slow support issues. It be more informative if you specified what errors you were getting.

Now even though I like using CE very much I do however have some reservation after seeing domain password unencrupted in the db. Hopefully they can come up with a solution to this soon.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

nectar, you must try it before buying to see if it works for you.

We are moving from MB to CE. We found some problems, because CE have different way to use. There is no price overriding, no custom package is possible. There are advantages also like CE support digital products.

When doing upgrades you must be smart about it. Make a back up of your database and if the upgrade doesn't work, then just restore the db and revert back to the previous version. Just get the full install of the old version and reinstall with the old db. There is no reason that your billing should be down if you took the right steps to get it back up in case of a mess up.

Another thing you have to remember is that all software has bugs, so if you're upgrading you will probably run into a few bugs. I heard that version 1.8.1 is very buggy and I decided not to upgrade for that reason, you don't always have to rush to be the first to upgrade. Knowing that all software is buggy and that the next version could be very buggy too, always make a db back up so you can revert back to the old version.

You must never rely on anyone to make sure your set up is working! It's not their fault that you might not have made a database back up as they clearly say you must in the upgrade instructions.
    The most effective way to host your site

I've actually never had any problems with ClientExec and I've been using it since September 2005. All upgrades (even the BETA ones) went smoothly and there were never any problems.

Everytime I have requested support, they've either provided me with a quick answer on their forums or an extremely quick answer via ticket. I've never had a ticket go unanswered for over a few hours (max).

No idea where you're having problems, but it appears that you're the only one.

adrianjare,

It does look as if you have an argument, after looking through your ticket it looks as if more could have been done by support staff to ensure your billing system was restored. I will state that we do mention on all our upgrades to back up both the db and files in the event there is any issue you can restore.

But I do want to apologize and let the community know you were not just making it up.

I will make sure that our support staff, though rare, ensures this doesn't happen again. Special situations like this should have been escalated much quicker to those that could have had a better resolution.

Alberto

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver
    Now even though I like using CE very much I do however have some reservation after seeing domain password unencrupted in the db. Hopefully they can come up with a solution to this soon.
    IMO, if someone has access to your database... you have bigger problems to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H
    IMO, if someone has access to your database... you have bigger problems to worry about.
    If they gained access that would be the last thing I'd be worried about. Once they got the domain password/username and knew who the registrar was, you'd be royally ****ed as a host/domain registrar.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES