I think I fried my SIM card...

Lol. This is NOT cool.

I was playing around with the security features of my phone and did something. So, my phone asked me for a PUK code. I put in a whole bunch of numbers that I thought it might be, and they didn't work.

So, I get on Cingular's website and find that you have to call Customer Service to get the #...and if you enter the wrong code more than 10 times...it will trash your SIM card and you'll need a new one.

So, I get to call them in half an hour to see if I can fix this.

And if not, it's going to cost me $25
    Big things coming soon

Nick,

Cingular is full of junk. I had the same problem on my 8125 and entered the code over 50 times, called them and got it fixed the next day.

so a sim card costs $25 , what are the plan charges.

So, my phone asked me for a PUK code. I put in a whole bunch of numbers that I thought it might be, and they didn't work.
    Sorry to say this, but what numbers were you putting in? PUK & PUK2 codes are provided by your service provider, just like your initial PIN.

You didn't fry your SIM card. Your operator just needs to unlock it with the PUK2 code, which they will give you.

Next time, don't start punching in numbers for fun to see what it will do. After the PUK2 has been locked out, then you need a new SIM card.

heh.. Happened to me about 4 years ago, although my provider issued me another SIM for free...

just for the record.....8125 is a piece of crap.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I called Cingular this morning and they gave me a code and all is fixed now.

*phew*
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    just for the record.....8125 is a piece of crap.
    Huh?