Looking for a host with Cpanel w fantastico, multiple domains,mysql thats not slow

and im willing to pay a premium. I can't seem to find anything besides dedicated servers. Noone that doesn't load the everyliving crap out of their servers for like $30 a month? Im on bluehost.com right now and it's ungodly slow. Im hoping when I upgrade to their highcpu package that changes but I don't think that's very likely.

What exactly are you hosting? Do you absolutely require cPanel + Fantastico, because there are other control panels and auto installers that can do the same thing (if not better).

Looking at the plans offered by Bluehost, you're not going to find reliability.

In a cPanel environment, that's something of a rarity (there are some cPanel hosts that do it though). However, in a clustered environment (like H-Sphere) where you have seperate servers for MySQL/email/web content, etc. then the load is distributed among those servers and thus allowing the overall product to be faster and more scalable.

Also, I would look at a company that specializes in application hosting. While this might be a bit pricier than your average hosting (though still within your budget), a company that handles specifically web applications will have an environment geared towards it and load their servers accordingly.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

recommendations or sales pitches are fine you guys. I basically like fantastico and cpanel because im used to them. But my own real requirements are phpmyadmin, mysql access.... I geuss that's it. I like having fantastico because it helps me learn the scripts first and see if it's worth tinkering with. Then I can learn to do the manual install and start modding the files. I have a couple oscommerce sites, wordpress blogs and gallery2 sites I want to bring somewhere. I need at least a gig of space, a couple mysql dbs... idk start throwing some suggestions this way!

Most hosts allow phpMyAdmin, and mySQL is pretty much standard. There are other installers, such as Installatron, that can do the same thing as Fantastico. You probably shouldn't limit your search to cPanel, as control panels like DirectAdmin, Plesk, and H-Sphere are much better.

Also, your site takes forever to load.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz
    and im willing to pay a premium. I can't seem to find anything besides dedicated servers. Noone that doesn't load the everyliving crap out of their servers for like $30 a month? Im on bluehost.com right now and it's ungodly slow. Im hoping when I upgrade to their highcpu package that changes but I don't think that's very likely.
    try hostaga. cpanel, fantastico, and host 6 domain. good price.
    else, hostgator

by the way, what plan u used at bluehost? any feedback from their support about the slow server??

try hostaga. cpanel, fantastico, and host 6 domain. good price.
    else, hostgator
    I doubt going from one overselling company to the next will solve any problems. It's better to find a host that does not offer 100's gb for $1.

I would recommend doing a search on www.hostsearch.com

- Make a list of 4-5 web hosts with reasonable plans.
    - Do some research on them, find reviews here on WHT.
    - Contact each of them to test their response times.

Avoid overselling companies, read http://ultracheaphosts.com

Also, your site takes forever to load.
    Firefox can't find the server at www.nickchandler.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz
    Look for a host that offers semi-dedicated packages - these are shared packages without overloading servers. There are litterally hundreds of hosts out there that offer this.

What are your hosting needs in space, do you only need 1 GB? bandwidth?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

recommendations or sales pitches are fine you guys
    By the way, it's against WHT rules for hosting providers to self promote here (outside advertising forum areas). However we can recommend/suggest providers to look into. That being said if you're needing application hosting I'd suggest looking at cartikahosting (as they specialize in h-sphere, unfortunately I can't provide feedback/recommendation as I haven't used them myself, however they seem to have a good reputation).