Question Can someone please help me - C-Panel

Once of my design clients uses C-Panel for his hosting (he is not a hosting client of mine, and I only have H-Sphere).

He is having trouble loading the site we made for him onto his server. He sent me his C-Panel info (His domain name/cpanel) and asked me to load it for him.

I have no experience with C-panel and I have no idea if it is different to load sites. I normally will just use SmartFTP to load my sites. The client made it sound like FTP does not work.

Can anyone guide me to the right track on this?

Thanks
    "The good thing about money, is you can always make more"

all you need todo is upload the site via cpanel aslong as the domain is setup in WHM all you need todo is upload a site like all the other control panels

Yes, FTP should be just fine - it's a standard across all servers/control panels .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Sorry for the "commercial post"... I must have forgot that "commercial post" rule. Chris_M, I was not attempting to spam, merely trying to help. Some people find it easier to just let someone else do a task for them. My thought process was that the thread starters code was conflicting with some sort of cPanel setup...

Anyway... Thread Starter: Now that I understand what you are asking... Use the domain of your client as the host, use the user name that your client provided you with for the user, same as with the password. Upload all of the websites files into ~/public_html. cPanel's default index's are just as apaches default (index.html, index.php, etc...) There is also an option to set the different variables if you had made a custom website that relies on different extensions, etc...

I wasnt saying you were spamming, there was another user, danworks, who was posting his spam all over the place. His posts must have been deleted before you could see them. Ask the mods, I am sure they will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by bfriended
    Once of my design clients uses C-Panel for his hosting (he is not a hosting client of mine, and I only have H-Sphere).

He is having trouble loading the site we made for him onto his server. He sent me his C-Panel info (His domain name/cpanel) and asked me to load it for him.

I have no experience with C-panel and I have no idea if it is different to load sites. I normally will just use SmartFTP to load my sites. The client made it sound like FTP does not work.

Can anyone guide me to the right track on this?

Thanks
    Hmm, if you have the info of cpanel then you can use the same information to FTP the server. The URL would be ftp://domainname.com and now provide the username and password provided to you.

If you face any issues then your client should contact their host, as there could be FTP permissions issues (though they are rare in case of cpanel) or you can check if the FTP port, which is generally 21, is not blocked at your end.

Another reason could be if the APF firewall or any such firewalls are installed on the hosting server then several attempt to FTP would add the IP address of the system to the blocklist of the firewall.

<snip>

Thanks,

Nici C.
    Last edited by bear; 01-12-2007 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Yes, FTP should be just fine - it's a standard across all servers/control panels .
    Well, I was able to FTP in using SmartFTP. Once I got there I went to the public files and found the domain he wanted it loaded to. I unzipped the files, and went to drag them into the file on the server. Every time I do they load into a file the same name as the zip file. So far, even when I extracted and saved all the files it still does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bfriended
    Well, I was able to FTP in using SmartFTP. Once I got there I went to the public files and found the domain he wanted it loaded to. I unzipped the files, and went to drag them into the file on the server. Every time I do they load into a file the same name as the zip file. So far, even when I extracted and saved all the files it still does the same thing.
    Have you tried uploading the compressed file and using the cPanel uncompress tool (much like in WebShell4) in the file manager?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Have you tried uploading the compressed file and using the cPanel uncompress tool (much like in WebShell4) in the file manager?
    I know nothing about C-Panel so I have not tried that nor would I really know how to do it

Most reliable way is plain ftp!