Thread: Should i swich?

Should i swich?

well, let me start this thread by posting the stats of the site for Jan

i started the site 3 months ago and ever since then it's been growing, normally there're around 100 users active online. the problem right now is that because the site is running on a shared host server(hostmonster.com), so sometimes i experience slow reponse time and end up losing visitors. so i would be greatly appreciated if anyone with experience would give me any suggestion on whether i should switch to a VPS or perhaps a dedicated server?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.GIF  

It's nice to see your site has managed to get such an amount of visitors in just 3 months, you must have put quite a bit of effort into that!

It does indeed sound like you have outgrown your shared hosting environment. Based on the number of vistors you have, a VPS would be suitable. I don't think you'll need a dedicated server just yet, you should be fine with a VPS for now. You should probably look for a VPS with approximately 384mb ram, although that's just a very rough estimate.

If you don't know how to manage your VPS, make sure to go with a managed provider, so they can set things up for you.

that is good traffic you get in 3 months.. we have seen VPS that do 150G traffic a month with ease.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

It's not about the traffic though, it's mainly about the amount of CPU and RAM resources it requires. The site listed above should be fine on a VPS for that purpose.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    It's not about the traffic though, it's mainly about the amount of CPU and RAM resources it requires. The site listed above should be fine on a VPS for that purpose.
    so test out a VPS from the vendor.. or ask them to give you some space to test it out or take out a monthly contract to start with. Then move up the scale as you grow bigger.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com