HSPcomplete with XEN

Hello,

Is it possible to use HSPcomplete to manage many VPS running XEN?

Would it be the same to run XEN Enterprise or will there be any type of conflict between the management entities?

Also, does HSPcomplete need another control panel on the Virtual machine such as Plesk or can it solely manage it from its central node without a Plesk?

Looking for a control panel management system to be run from a central location to minimize the overhead on the VM(virtual machine) - so in essence not have to load it with more than the virtual layer.

Appreciate the feedback.

G.

No, this isn't possible without extensive customization. It wouldn't make sense for SWsoft to allow HSPcomplete to work with Xen as they don't make profits from it. It makes sense for them to only support Virtuozzo as you would then be forced to license it. Either way, we have found HSPcomplete + Virtuozzo to be cost effective and and outstanding solution for our customres.

There are other systems...perhaps hypervm supports Xen?
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

This is what I thought...

The issue is the I believe virtuozzo will not be suitable for critical (what we have in mind to deploy) applications and live migrations of VM's to other devices as will be provided by XEN enterprise that I will consider having a more carrier grade roadmap.

Its a personal preference that we wish to use XEN Enterprise and seeking a control panel that will manage both Linux & Windows VM's from a central node.

XEN Enterprise does have its management console, so again there would be a problem with hyperVM as I understand will need to provision its own xen based VM.

Does such a CP exist?

SW has another product called PEM which is aimed at the larger DC and can do more integration etc. check that out..
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

Quote Originally Posted by smsguru
    Hello,

Is it possible to use HSPcomplete to manage many VPS running XEN?

Would it be the same to run XEN Enterprise or will there be any type of conflict between the management entities?

Also, does HSPcomplete need another control panel on the Virtual machine such as Plesk or can it solely manage it from its central node without a Plesk?

Looking for a control panel management system to be run from a central location to minimize the overhead on the VM(virtual machine) - so in essence not have to load it with more than the virtual layer.

Appreciate the feedback.

G.
    It is not at all difficult to craft your own CP to manage a very large xen farm.. I'd recommend doing that (and spending about the same as what you would on licensing) vs purhcasing something and bending it into what you need.

I've written a few xen control panels for various companies, the longest one took two weeks. Granted, I eat, breathe and sleep Xen so it was rather easy.. but the point remains, Xen is not at all difficult to centralize.

Best,
    --Tim

Thanks Tim,

Will consider your suggestion..

Appreciated.