Exclamation Google checkout now with FREE transactions

Wow !

I was surfing the Google checkout website once again to see if they finally allow registration of Canadian sellers.. not yet, damn !

And I saw this:

New! Free Transaction Processing Until the End of 2007
    From November 8, 2006 through December 31, 2007, Google Checkout merchants can process their Google Checkout sales for free until the end of 2007. Learn more

Amazing ! It was real cheaper than Ebay, now it's just insanely free !

A Google lover,

G
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

they want to catch up to paypal
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

I have been strongly considering signing up with them. Does anyone have any experience with an account there? How many of your clients are using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan541
    they want to catch up to paypal
    I hope they'll kick their arse !

G
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Well, it's about time paypal gets a worthy opponent
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

I have both on my site but prefer PayPal because I can instantly get the money out with my PayPal ATM card & can use it for software sales w/ instant download. Google is great with no fees but I mainly use it for customers in countries not supported by PayPal (Middle East....). After payment is made Google holds it for 2 business days (usually winds up being the 3rd day) and then 2 days to transfer it to my bank account - so a purchase on a Friday may not show up in my bank account until Thursday. When a purchase is made you get an email saying that they have authorized the customer's credit card for x amount. When ready to ship you then accept the payment and then they debit the customer's card. It can't currently be used for software purchases where the customer is automatically directed to a download page after paying. The way it is set up with the delay it could not be used to purchase domains. Hopefully they will get enough market share to spur PayPal into reducing fees.
    Last edited by Techno; 01-11-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Hesham
    Well, it's about time paypal gets a worthy opponent
    well said !

G
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

I think I am going to wait for it to be integrated with WHMCS before I signup.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak
    I have been strongly considering signing up with them. Does anyone have any experience with an account there? How many of your clients are using it?
    I thought about it, but after buying something to test it out, I figured that it was simply a way for them to bombard my potential customers with my competitors products. At the time of checkout is not a great time to be giving someone seconds thoughts. Sorry.

A couple of small businesses I know are having second thoughts about using google's products/services...

Free is not always free....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Google offers competitor product at buy time ?

I would like to see an example of that.. You have any example setup ?

G
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Googled
    Google offers competitor product at buy time ?

I would like to see an example of that.. You have any example setup ?

G
    lol ... no, it happened at buy.com a while ago. How would you figure I setup an example? Don't be ... lol

Even after the process is completed, your customer now has a gmail account and your competitor info is in there as well.... even before the order ships. I think they call that links in the email that everyone think is so cool. Advertising for your competitor. lol...

Not like that is a total bad thing, but I don't think you want your competitor in your customers face all the time.

Well, I guess now is the time to purchase all that space for yourself... the never ending battle that feeds the greed of google.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

They should really consider allowing non-American companies. Then they would really take off. Hope they will soon allow European companies.

I understand, I'm from Quebec.. Let's hope it will open to other countries this year

G
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

I'll stick with PayPal... I enjoy being able to set up an option with GoDaddy where I simply say "bill to this account" and one click all my domains are paid for...

I cant wait until google checkout becomes very popular! We have already signed up with them and like what we see very much. If they kick it up a notch, I'd say they will put PayPal out of business!!! they need support for recurring subscriptions and acceptance of worldwide business... then they would be almost perfect. =)

paypal needs competition. it will make them clean up and act like a real business. I would love to see an even larger variety or 'trustworthy' payment processors like paypal.

Paypal was nice, until ebay took over...

I don't think it can put Paypal out of business, but it's always good to have more alternatives. Like or dislike Paypal, but remember that an huge user base like Paypal's doesn't disappear like that :p
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

It is crazy watching Paypal's site ranking drop on Alexa.com. Poor guys! I don't think I like the idea of 20 different online payment methods. Let's stick to what works!
    H4Y Technologies LLC Check out our new website!
    "Smarter, Cheaper, Faster" - SMB, Reseller, VDS, Dedicated, Colo hosting done right.

ZERO PACKETLOSS, ZERO DOWNTIME Dedicated and Colo - USA: IA, CA, NC, OR, NV
    **http://h4y.us**
    Voice: (866)435-5642. *** Email: askus at host4yourself d0t com