Reliable asian shared hosting

Hello all,

I tried to search in the forum already and only saw a few answers for asian VPS solutions. I want to create a website where lot of asian people (but not only asian) would have access. I know that usually my chinese friends get slow connections. So I asked them to test several of the shared hosts I was interested in (for now my preference goes to lunarpages regarding my low budget. and its overall good community/reliability). However, although the connection from my home is marvellous, some of the websites hosted there do not get fast access or even sometimes no access from China. (Usually I think the problem appears when pages are a bit heavy).

Would you know of any reliable asian host proposing shared hosting for about the same price (around 10 dollars per month and at least 5GB of space) ? However, as people from outside asia (notably me) would have to get access to it, the website would have to be accessible quite fast from the USA or europe as well ;-)
    Ok maybe I ask too much, but according to you what would be the best compromise?

thanks a lot for any information

I've been on Hive for a few months. Despite their slow support ticket replies, for their price it's pretty good.

The downtime has only been when they were changing servers due to the recent asian Earthquakes.

Honestly, no hosting should timeout for you. Even all the way across the world you should be getting 200+kb/sec. I would definately expand your search from Asia, as pricing can be expensive.

Sorry to moderator, now i will provide my first hand experience with some host i am hosting with. Regarding Hive i will ask my friend to come here for a review of it.

dartagnan, may i know which asian country your visitor is mainly from?
    I am hosted with Fivio.com and i am happy with them but last time when their server are under DDOS i have uptime raging from 75% to 80% daily monitered.
    Since 24-9-2006 till now i have 100% uptime I choose them only because my site target Malaysian visitor. I can provide uptime stats if you're interest.

I was hosted with easynet-interactive but as long as i can recall they don't have capacity for server hosted in Malaysia data center(that's why i move) but when i was with them my uptime is near to 99.95%

serverfreak is another host in asia(server singapore) that i have experience but i host only one mini site there the uptime is 99.8% monitered since 24-4-2006 at MrAlert

ipserverone(Malaysia) only hosted with them for under 30 days(i think 25 days) then i decide to go because i got a better deal. It is a reliable host.

Thanks for your replies,

I expect mostly chinese persons at the beginning, but it will aim most of the eastern asian countries.
    As I am searching for at least 5GB for not around 10 dollars, I think only Hive seems ok, but I didn't see if they have a forum. Could you give me the name of a few websites hosted with them? Bobjane? So that I can see how fast they go and give th elinks to my chinese friends so that they test if it is really beneficial for them compared to lunarpages hosted websites.

For CommunityZ, I answered above for the targeted asian countries, I visited the webhosts you proposed they seemed ok but usually didn't propose that much space. However for the one that would suit me the best, if you can also give me some websites hosted by the webhost you propose so that I can test them?

thanks a lot

dartagnan has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

The link under my signature is hosted with fivio.com
    my username is hosted with serverfreak.com

Good luck with your chosen host. All the best...

Use Google to search for more information about any host that you choose...

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by dartagnan
    Could you give me the name of a few websites hosted with them? Bobjane? So that I can see how fast they go and give th elinks to my chinese friends so that they test if it is really beneficial for them compared to lunarpages hosted websites.
    Hosted under HIve.
    Here.

If you are expecting a lots of visitors on your site and running some heavy forum, hosting your site on a share hosting server may possibly overloading your host's share hosting server resources. You should ask for your host of upgradeable options if there is a need comes in.

thanks
    I don't expect too many visitors at first... I can always change later...
    apparently websites from Hive are rather fast from China so it seems fine. OK for space/price also. I just hope they are reliable. Nobody knows other webhosts from Korea or japan?

BobJane, no hard time to upload by FTP your website? cause hive it still rather slow from the USA

Quote Originally Posted by andy18
    If you are expecting a lots of visitors on your site and running some heavy forum, hosting your site on a share hosting server may possibly overloading your host's share hosting server resources. You should ask for your host of upgradeable options if there is a need comes in.
    was this to me?

I think it was for me, but I was wondering if you didn't have any problem to upload your files to hive? not more than with a local webhost?

It's fine as long as you use the Active Transfer Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJane
    It's fine as long as you use the Active Transfer Mode.
    care to define better?

And one more question. They say kualalumpour bandwidth. But is this International bandwidth?

Yupapa.com is an asian/usa hosting service, i've seen the owner on wht sometimes, I haven't used them, but they might be useful to you.