Arrow Very strange problem

My server reponses to ping or traceroute fine, the load is low and normal but noboy (in different countries) can access normally the domains/mail on the server.

I checked dns, bind, named and all is ok, i dont have a new firewalls or something like that, i didnt take new action to cause this.

Yesterday all was working perfect and today you take up to 5 minutes to acces a simple domain with a basic html page (if you dont get before a time out response)

When i connect via ssh, if i execute a command like "ps -fea" or "top" i get desconnected the server do nothing.

I informed to my server provider (theplanet) and they checked the server and the network and they say that all is ok.

But my problem still there and worst, I supposed it was my isp, but i had a lot of calls from clients in different cities and countries with different isps.

I dont know what more to do.

Any suggestion?

I suspect it is due to network contestion at some level. Also a bad cat5E can cause really weird intermittent problems like you are seing. Ask if they will consider reterminating the ends of the cable.

Dunno, guess guessing.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

did you run a traceroute ?
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Hesham
    did you run a traceroute ?
    Sure that is something basic. Sometimes you forget the simple things. You should trace local to server and server to local.

Sometimes you will see hop with a high time, and this will usually pinpoint the source.

I figured that since TP engineers were on this, they attempted or recommended doing this.

Good suggestion CaroNet. I guess lesson is you can never assume.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability