Program like cpanel for windows?

Im looking for a program that can manage some websites i own on my server (about ?)

The server is on windows 2003. Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance!

Plesk control panel is a very good control panel for windows, you may also want to take a look at Helm.

I've use Plesk from SW-Soft on a couple of my servers - although rather expensive if you're only planning on running a few sites.
    -Mr Bister

Helm software is great i used it awhile, but im back to Cpannel
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Betray, please note that Cpanel isn't available for the windows platform.
    -Mr Bister

You can use the following:

HELM - Great, free for the first 5 Sites
    DotNetPanel - Fairly New, Growing Quick, Great as well
    PLESK - Heard this can be slow at times.
    ENISM - Not much to say here, not a popular panel

I would recommend HELM, you got to get exclusive support in the forum (forums.webhostautomation.com), there are few bugs as such there could be few softwares or tools without bugs :wink:

are there any free ones?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

This is one of the only ones I know of that is free, catch is you can only host two domains for free with it. Any more than that you would have to upgrade to a commerical license.

http://www.parsv.com/downloads/download.html

Hope this helps..

arche

Helm is offering their Helm Lite version which allow you to host 5 domains for free.
    Tweakservers : Authorised Reseller of SmarterMail | SmarterStats | SmarterStats | Mailenable

DotNetPanel's "DNP Enterprise Server 10 Web Sites" is also free.

Do you have a specific need to use windows? Cpanel is so much more user friendly to me at least...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister
    Betray, please note that Cpanel isn't available for the windows platform.
    What ever happened to the windows version of cpanel, they were developing a port ages ago, but then nothing ever came of it.

I would also back helm, very scalable.

I was just going to ask about the Cpanel for Windows, as their site "used" to list it as coming soon, then it disappeared. I've used HELM and it's pretty good overall, and I personally liked that it had a built in billing function.

For a few websites i would recommend HELM 5 (5 domains = FREE version) or DotnetPanel. Both company's do only develop on windows platform.
    Planpro Hosting
    Windows Shared & Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated -
    Colocation - Payment solutions - Domain Registration
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dedisearch
    I was just going to ask about the Cpanel for Windows, as their site "used" to list it as coming soon, then it disappeared. I've used HELM and it's pretty good overall, and I personally liked that it had a built in billing function.
    i would agree it certainly lacks the completeness of cpanel, helm could also do with more installable scripts i think.

Quote Originally Posted by thebyp2
    What ever happened to the windows version of cpanel, they were developing a port ages ago, but then nothing ever came of it.

I would also back helm, very scalable.
    It appears to still be under development, take a look at the bottom of this page:

http://www.cpanel.net/products/cPane...quirements.htm
    -steve

interesting...

I would recommend Plesk. It's secure and stable along with having almost every feature of cPanel. I believe the only thing it lacks is a decent reseller interface.

Helm is by far the best of the options suggested. Heck, the fact it now supports cross-datacenter communication without the need for VPN and Ajax in their updated GUI makes it worth the $50/mo. However, to use Helm to it's full ability, you'll need more servers. It's a cluter control panel, which means it can control numerous servers at once, something cPanel and Plesk lack.

Plesk, in my experenice, is a resource hogging waste. I've configured it myself on windows and linux, as well as had datacenters and noc teams set it up, and I just don't like it. It looks pretty, but that's about it, imo.

I was looking to use DotNetPanel, but then I saw that one of the system requirements is Microsoft SQL Server (then again, so does Helm, but I still like Helm better). It also doesn't support Apache or PHP.
    Last edited by SyrusMX; 02-09-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Go Dot Net Panel and you won't regret it