Customer Management Software

This thread was inspired by the password management thread. What I am looking for is software that I can keep client details in such as:

1. Client Name
    2. Email Address
    3. Postal Address
    4. Account Password (for telephone security)
    5. domains and hosting accounts purchased (and details inc dates).

this is obviously specific to the extent of impossible to find, but anything close would be interesting to hear about. Does anyone have anything like this or does everyone just use the likes of Modernbill?
    WKD Banners | Make the most of your advertising!
    Designing banners since 2004 | Visit our Website www.wkdbanners.com

hmmm? billing system can talk care of this.. isn't it?

Not really, Although you get most of this in billing software, I'm looking for a desktop application that's quicker to launch than a web page so when a client calls you, you can be ready to take their call with security questions much quicker such as...

Can I have the first line of your address, and postcode, and characters 3 and 7 of your password on the account.

Then a whole list of domains and accounts on a page so you can randomly change security questions etc..

I'm not sure what you mean by 'would suit your requirements..' as this really isn't anything near what I'm looking for. Maybe you meant to post this in the 'password managment software' thread?

Thanks for the reply just the same though.

You could setup a database in MySQL or Access to do this.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Hi,

We started out using Access to keep track of customers, but then migrated everything over to Exponent, which is based on MySQL.

Aaron
    Aaron Greenspan
    President & CEO, Think Computer Corporation

http://www.thinkcomputer.com

Quote Originally Posted by lochie

1. Client Name
    2. Email Address
    3. Postal Address
    4. Account Password (for telephone security)
    5. domains and hosting accounts purchased (and details inc dates).

I recommend changing or clarifying "Account Password" to be something like "Support Password or "Phone Password" and urge customers not to use their billing system/hosting password, for security.

I think what you are are looking for is a type of CRM software, but I suggest, for security and sanity's sake you try and limit the number of locations with customer information.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkcomp
    Hi,

We started out using Access to keep track of customers, but then migrated everything over to Exponent, which is based on MySQL.

Aaron
    I agree totally, I'm not that great with php/mysql and I've never really done anything with access either tho. Limited knowledge on both hinders that idea.

With this approach you'd need to sync the changed data (site password, quota, emails, etc) with the webserver.

So, why not rater install WAMP / LAMP on your desktop PC, install the billing system your website uses, and setup MySQL replaction between the two. This way, the data retrieval is quick, and once saved, it will sync with the remote webserver
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za

I think you would be refering to something like ACT!, Intuit CRM, or Outlook with Business Contact Manager installed. These are all desktop based solutions and most of them will also sync with Quickbooks if you use that.

I am familiar with all 3 if you would like more info. I might get around to writing a review sometime. but in the meantime feel free to pm me offline

Sean