Thread: Good emails?

Good emails?

What are good free email sites? I'm starting to hate gmail due to their horrible spam filter, and getting send spam constantly on all my accounts. I don't want a big company, something small, free, accessible, and reliable.
    Albert Chen
    Designepic.com Bannerepic.com
    website & graphics design | Hosting
    aim/icq : achenxp | msn : albc15@hotmail.com

http://www.fepg.net/ lists many but I still find Gmail best for filtering & fighting spam.

As posted on Techno's list www.fastmail.fm is quite nice. They hide your IP address in emails to protect your privacy, too. The free account is fairly limited, though, if you plan to send and receive lots of messages.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I would love to know what kind of problems you are having with spam. For me, gmail does the best spam filtering I have seen in all the email providers that I have used. I hardly ever get any spam in my box, and the spam folder is full with it.

I have recently started using mail2web.com's free account because they provide activesync which allow me free push email on my phone. I have just set filters on all my accounts to forward critical emails to my mail2web, which then pushes it to my mobile.

How can you have SPAM in Gmail? I think their filter is the best. All the SPAM goes to the SPAM BOX, i never had a single SPAM.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Yahoo is the best, they give you many options.

1. either the spams can come in a seperate folder.
    2. or block all the spams before they get upto you.

I would recommand yahoo to everyone.

I think you should stick to gmail, once you marked a certain email as spam, it will go directly in the spam box the next time it arrives. As of now, I have tons of spam mail in my spam box and I hardly receive any in my actual inbox.

I don't like gmail spam filters that much due to the fact my clients buy, and use my order form which is later sent to my email. After that, most of my emails are thought to be spammed and I wouldn't be able to find them.
    Albert Chen
    Designepic.com Bannerepic.com
    website & graphics design | Hosting
    aim/icq : achenxp | msn : albc15@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by albc15
    I don't like gmail spam filters that much due to the fact my clients buy, and use my order form which is later sent to my email. After that, most of my emails are thought to be spammed and I wouldn't be able to find them.
    Just click the "Not Spam" button at the top of one of the emails. Any future ones from that address should not go into your spam box.

You could even set up a filter to label all emails from that address as a certain label so you can call them all up at once.

I get no spam. it all goes to the spam folder. If you get the same spam all the time. You can make a filter to filter words out and spam them.