Talking Host In Us-Month and a half review

I have been bouncing from host to host for the past year or so – I was dealing with everything from downed servers, fly-by-night operations and people who really didn't care.
    I even tried some big name hosting companies such as GoDaddy and 1 and 1.

GoDaddy: At least the site was up as far as I could tell. That was just about the only good thing about them. I had various problems with various part of my hosting including DNS problems, and their tech support was awful and didn't know at all what they were talking about. I discovered that the best way to get through to them was by contacting several different times, and pretending that I had a different problem everytime. That way, I could combine all of the bad advice into something usable.
    They also had the sendmail down for months, and kept blaming it on me (for emailing excessivly) , but they couldn't tell me which of my scripts was causing the problem because it's "Classified". Finally, I just took down all of my formmail scripts, waited a week, and contacted them again. They admited that they didn't know what the problem was, and would work on it. It took three more attempts to contact them, and it finally went up. No Appology.

1 and 1: Barely any uptime on my MySQL databases or my site ('nuff said)

A New Beginning

I happened to come across Host In Us ( by chance, (I think it was here on WHT) and I took a leap of faith and I am so so pleased.

Not wanting to risk my site going down with a new webhost (I've finally learned better), I decided to keep it on godaddy, for the time being (at least they kept it up mostly), and use Host In Us as a test server, and monitor it with Host-Tracker.

A few weeks ago, I decided to fully dump GoDaddy and use Host In Us as my only hosting.

Here's an overview:

I have been 100% up so far. Download and upload speeds are great, I get 30 ms or so ping times and my website loads very quickly.

I have not had better support at any other company. I really could not be any more pleased.
    Jay, Josh and Daniel are really amazing. Response times are mostly within a few hours, but they are not silly responses there actually meaningful! And, they explain themselves and 99% of the time the problem is fixed on the first reply.
    I really haven't seen such caring people. They sent me a weekly email the first few weeks making sure everything was ok with the service!
    They have went out of their way numerous to help me and run the extra mile. (even when it's a silly error on my part b/c I messed something up in a database file)
    I was also having trouble with transferring my site, (it turned out that my ISP was blocking me somehow) and they offered to do it for me.

Though its just been a little over a month, I really am so pleased.
    Dealing with such crazy companies out there and companies who really could care less about the customer (hint hint godaddy), I really think I have found my permanent server.
    My Website for the record is

Glad to see such a cracking review, be sure to update us after 2 or 3 months of service
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Much appreciated.

We try our hardest to make sure your satisfied, I 'm glad your happy.

Host In Us Web Hosting Services |
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

I would just like to say another thank you to Host In Us for figuring out my spamming problem.

I was getting a lot of spams that seemed to be coming from my form mailer, even though I was sure that I hard-coded everything. I contacted Host In Us support, and they were able to tell me that it was actually coming from one of my development scripts for future project for one of the companies I work for. It turns out that since I was just trying to check other aspects of the script, I accidentally left it vulnerable to mail-header injection, and somehow it got indexed by some search engines.

Host In Us helped me find the problem and fix it.

I has now been 2 months, and I've still had 100% uptime. I'm still very happy!!