Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frank Boughton, do you love JaguarPC so much?

You seem to only reply to post to say good things about them.

In addition, refunds should take place quickly.

More often than not, refunds should be given when the request is received.

Many reputable hosts have a 24 hours refund policy.

It's the age of the digital era - refunding just takes a click of the mouse.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton
    Buzzyback,

Why do you come here and cry the blues for all to see? Does it make you feel better? I hope not. All this could be solved over yonder at JaguarPC.

I have found JaguarPC to be an excellent host and I am totally satisfied with them as my host. Service has been fast and great the few times I have needed them. The owner is available and a very reasonable man willing to work out any and all problems that may arise - and come on, in this environment (computers and the Internet) there will be problems.

I have used seven other hosting companies since 1997 and JaguarPC is the best in a long shot.
    Maybee if you had the problem that i have, many downtime for no reason and when i ask them why..they don't solved the problem the first time,...I'm not feeling better because i did this post..it's just that i want to advise peoples about a situation..if you go read the begining of my post and check all the ticket that i had post here..maybee you will feel like me instead of putting them to a fantastic level like you did.

If you have a very good service, never had problem whit them..fine..i'm happy for you..but don't try to discredit me for that. You are ok whit them..good..now leave and let peoples who want to reply reply.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzyback
    If you have a very good service, never had problem whit them..fine..i'm happy for you..but don't try to discredit me for that. You are ok whit them..good..now leave and let peoples who want to reply reply.!!!
    I did not try to discredit you - just called you out as to what you are doing here. How can ANYONE here help you with the problems? JaguarPC will fix any and all of your problems and even go so far as credit you if things were their fault. But NONE of that can be rectified here!

Your expose here is uncalled for and unprofessional. A good working relationship with a vendor is a TWO WAY STREET and you coming here ranting is you going down the wrong street.

Masood is available on the forums over yonder at JaguarPC and he would be more than glad to look into your problem and get it fixed. He is very good as a tech man! Many a hosting company would like to have him on their team.

I will leave (depart politely) when I have my say.

Hey try this:
    It is easy to say - try it: "Sorry Jag for bringing up my bad experience here with out first going to you the person who could fix this."

Listen BB no company is perfect, but you need to at least try to let them have a chance to solve problems that WILL come up. Ask for a supervisor when you have a problem, I do it ALL the time with numerous vendors I deal with.

I understand your point Frank...really..but i did what you say..i have send many time request to them abou my problem...i'm not expected a refund..no..i want my server up all the time and not been down for no good reason..i have a forum that members pay for it and when it's down for no reason..i have to explain to them and i lost some of them..

I was on a share server before..never had problem..i move to a vps to be independant and to have a faster connection and a lot of bandwith..

anyway..i did receive a email from your friend...they remove the user who was on the same node then me..since then ..i have no more problem ( touch piece of wood).. future will tell me if they are really good..i don't mind give them the chance..but they have to be constant..

Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton
    I did not try to discredit you - just called you out as to what you are doing here. How can ANYONE here help you with the problems?
    Most (sane) people don't read these forums for help, they read them for the recommendations and horror stories so they can make an educated decision in choosing from a vast array of services which all look completely identical on the surface. 90% of this information, both positive and negative, is posted by idiots who cannot spell (let's call them "gripper faucets") and is completely unreliable, but if there seem to be several instances of similar problems cropping up, then it becomes easier to pass judgement.

Personally, I look for the following things:

1) Are there a lot of unhappy people complaining about the same things over and over again? If so, it's probably a bad host. Avoid.

2) Are there a ton of ardent sycophants rushing to the defense of their present hosting company in order to sing the same generic, meaningless praises over and over again as though they've been personally insulted by another user's criticism of said hosting company? If so, it's probably a bad host that caters to teenage bloggers with little to no idea what they're doing or talking about, but ample free time to talk about it anyway. Either that or they pay people to post about them. Avoid.

3) Do any representatives of the hosting company post here, and if so, do they write like a 12 year old in an AOL chatroom? If they sound like they flunked out of high school, it's probably a bad host. Avoid. If they speak professionally, address furious customers with tact, and openly admit fault when necessary, they probably know what they're doing. Give them money.

While there may be no such thing as bad publicity in business, for a hosting company, any excess of public attention, good or bad, is generally a red flag for the consumer. It's the quiet ones who let their work speak for itself that I look for. Complaining about things on the internet may be pointless, but so is praising them.

After reading this post, and the other JaguarPC post it looks as if you purchased an unmanaged VPS and expected them to manage it for you?

I don't use VPS because I don't have the skills to take care of even part of the management. I have been hosting with Jag for 6 years plus on shared servers. I have sites on 3 different servers.

There have been some problems. There will always be some problems I think, even on a dedicated server. In spite of those problems I would rate Jag at least a 9.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Even on a VPS you are still on a shared server.

In all my years of dealing with JaguarPC I have always found them to be fair in the way they deal with their customers.

They have not grown from a small company in Alaska, to their present day size by being a shoddy hosting company.

If you had a bad experience fine. Personally I appreciate forums like this one that will let you voice your complaints.

On the other hand, I'm glad that people who have had positive experiences with the company in question (in this case JaguarPC) are able to express their support.

I would hate for anyone to judge JaguarPC based on a few negative comments in this forum.
    Last edited by ConnieS; 02-01-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieS
    I don't use VPS because I don't have the skills to take care of even part of the management.
    Which makes your opinion of their VPS services beyond irrelevant and your motivation for posting suspicious. How did you find this thread? Why are you even reading this forum?
    Last edited by Engelmacher; 02-01-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Well I am not a VPS Expert, I don't want to be, I have had three of them over the past few years and I am with Jaguar currently.

Last weekend I got really upset when I had major issues with my VPS, I had to submit a number of support tickets and it took time to rectify the problem, BUT guess what, the problem was put right, I was treated politely by Jag (yes I contacted him in the end because I was upset) and most importantly JaguarPC acted professionally and solved the problem.

Remember at $40 a month for a VPS, no matter how much we want it, we can not expect fully managed dedicated servers, Jaguar have been my hosts for nearly a year, I have had a few problems in that time, but they have sorted them out, some problems have taken longer than others to resolve, BUT they are resolved in the end, treat JaguarPC with respect and they return the compliment.

PS There are some exceptional techs over there and if you ask for a problem to be escalated they will get sorted, they have also recently appointed one of their tech guys to management and all JPC clients have direct access to him if we need it, since I have used that facility I can vouch for the fact that it works.

PPS
    I am NOT a kiddy who is playing at being an adult, I am far to old for that, I am NOT employed by Jaguar either, in fact I am retired and run a website because I want to, and I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmacher
    Which makes your opinion of their VPS services beyond irrelevant and your motivation for posting suspicious. How did you find this thread? Why are you even reading this forum?
    1: I can speak about their support and service, which I have a lot of experience with.
    2: I found this particular thread due to a thread on Jag's forum.
    3: I'll have to go back and look but I think I have commended this forum and linked to it from my blog in a article.

I nearly always support sites that will let a company be named whether the comments are good or bad.

It is fairly easy to tell when people post in a forum with an agenda (ax to grind) if you have some experience. Unfortunately some newbies may not be able to make that distinction.

It seems to me that a few satisfied Jag customers have posted. Some have given reasons why the VPS may be a problem (not sure they are Jag customers).

Bottom line for me. Jag is a great host.

As mentioned search for JaguarPC and there are a couple of bad reviews.
    This is not a solo, one-off case by which it is caused by stupidity.
    Even IF they provide good support to some, it doesn't appear to be consistent. (staff check?)

The service buzzyback requested for IS included in an unmanaged service.
    This is a problem with their server, be it abusive users or whatnot.
    It IS JaguarPC's responsibility to handle all support regarding server problems.

Secondly, Frank should really stop treating this personally.
    Even if you like, love, adore, etc. JaguarPC, doesn't mean you should flame others for complaints.
    This is a forum accepting complaints and freedom of speech.
    You have a good experience? Fine.
    However, this doesn't mean you can try to stop people from being negative about them.

You seem way too defensive for JaguarPC and this can be considered a bias.
    From a neutral perspective, I do not recommend taking Frank's recommendations seriously.

It took them 13 days to set up my vps...and when they did they gave me the gigabit plan which isnt even vps. I will continue to use them and keep you posted on their progress

Quote Originally Posted by cooljoebrown
    It took them 13 days to set up my vps...and when they did they gave me the gigabit plan which isnt even vps. I will continue to use them and keep you posted on their progress
    Ouch.

bad start

Quote Originally Posted by cooljoebrown
    Wow, i guess different people really have different experiences...

Maybe the service level or quality is unstable?

My guess is that there are different techs for each shift.

And theres a very grumpy staff on the team.

Must be so

Happy to see that i'm not the only one who's having trouble whit them..

I do love how some people are self proclaimed experts here without EVER having any experience of the companies they are talking about.

I speak very highly about two particular companies on here, I have been hosting for a number of years and have experience of a lot more than two, BUT I only talk about the two whom I know give great service.

One of those happens to be Jaguar, and the other is EuroVPS, both are professional and look after their clients. Anyone that says their hosts have no problems is a liar or a fool, its how they rectify problems that counts.

As far as a "junior Guru" is concerned I would love to know where he has got his information from, in his own words
    there are a couple of bad reviews
    Well what a surprise, I bet there are a couple or maybe even a lot more bad reviews for every single host in the world!

or
    My guess is that there are different techs for each shift.

And theres a very grumpy staff on the team.
    I guess your guesses are based on what? Common sense perhaps that possibly there might be different tech's on at different times of the day because one person doesn't work 24/7/365? and you know they are grumpy because..you have spoken to them all perhaps? Or you have spoken to ANY of them?

Another point
    From a neutral perspective, I do not recommend taking Frank's recommendations seriously.
    Having read your posts over the past few days (as can everyone else) I would hardly call you neutral and who wants YOUR recommendations anyway, are you more knowledgeable or do you consider yourself more worldly wise and clever than the rest of us?

Sorry but I think the real joke is someone who hasn't got a clue about what he is talking about can expect to be taken seriously!

Initially he has only been a member here for a couple of months yet he is a self proclaimed "expert" on all things hosting,

Secondly nearly all his posts are slagging someone else off,

Thirdly the number of posts he makes daily leaves me wondering what he does with his time normally, because he sure posts here a lot,

Fourthly what experience does he have to slag off a hosting company like Jaguar, has he ever had an account there?

I could go on, but in honesty it isn't worth it.

IF you want a real idea of how good or bad ANY company is, TRY them for yourself, or speak to REAL customers of theirs.

I believe Jaguar offer a 30 day money back guarantee like most reputable hosts, so what have you got to lose?

Personally I am a Jaguar customer and expect to remain one, but if another user isn't happy he should not stay with them, however listening to a forum troll may not be the best way to decide how you spend your money.

PS Anyone that is gullible enough to make a business decision based on a forum troll deserves whatever they get IMHO.

So how is this working out thus far? Any solution?

I believe a VPS is set up by sales and not support. This has something to do with licensing.

Sales is not 24/7 (like support) though the hours have been extended.

Yes I'm aware of some slow setup times, based on threads in the VPS forum at Jag. Don't recall any 13 day delays though.

I would say the worst experience that 99.9% of users will have at Jag is getting set up. That's for any type of account.

In reality no one can please everyone 100% of the time.

How could a very small Company, (probably) a one or two man operation back in 1999 grow to the size that Jag has with the terrible service that a couple of posters in this thread want to make you believe?

Complaints are fine. In fact I think they are good. Hopefully people reading this thread will exercise a little common sense.

I think anyone can register in the Jag forums and read complaints by customers. Of course you will see a lot more praise of Jag than you will complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieS
    How could a very small Company, (probably) a one or two man operation back in 1999 grow to the size that Jag has with the terrible service that a couple of posters in this thread want to make you believe?
    You must not follow the hosting industry too closely if you think there is a necessarily causal relationship between quality and massive growth. Historically, bloggers and tiny backwoods businesses run by people who know virtually nothing about "that dang ol' innernet" tend to stoke the ever-spreading flames of even the worst providers simply because they:

1) Have very little experience with anything technical and believe anything any Bangalorean trade school dropout tells them. If "Bob" says recompiling PHP is going to fix "ur" BIND installation and that this takes six days to accomplish, it sure sounds complicated so he must be right! Better just pipe down and let the professionals sort it all out. It's not like they give those A+ certifications away to anyone who shows up and pays the testing fee.

2) Have no actual need of hosting services to begin with. Server down for a week? Who cares? Nothing bad is going to happen if the world can't read what a blogger thinks about a Luther Vandross song or look at some hideously overcompressed JPEGs of all the various cutting boards they have for sale. Switching hosts is a hassle, so nobody ever complains too loudly, and if they do, see #1.

3) Are suckers for huge promises and low prices. Unlimited bandwidth for a penny a year? Better message everybody on my buddy list and post some glowing reviews on WHT convincing everybody to sign up until the whole operation inevitably hits critical mass and can no longer even pretend to support any of their users effectively, at which point we'll all just dogpile on the next big thing en masse. In my experience, this change of heart usually doesn't happen until email starts disappearing for weeks at a time; after that all the former shills start singing a different tune.

4) Use PayPal and don't notice or care if anyone tries to bill them 6 times a month.

As in nature, rapid, unconstrained growth indicates cancer, not quality.

I personally have not so bad experience with jaguarPC and its support is quite fast and friendly.. They might take many tickets to solve one problem, but they actually tried to help.

I am not saying this as a act of biasness or anything, just stating my own personal experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12