Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down JaguarPc...a lot of problems

Hi..i have recently bought aps package whit JaguarPc and i will never recommended them anymore..i have since the begining (2006-10-29) open 18 support ticket and all the time they fixed , but for ashort time.

I have my forum host on my vps whit members who paid for membership..a lot of time my vps is down..i have restart myself or ask them to do it when i'm not even able to log in the WHM..that sick !!

the fist one they configfure for was not good..it was stop all the time, my server name was defect and close my vps..so i ask them to change the place they put me..they did..but all again trouble..

now..i'm loosing customers because of the many downtime ..very often..

3 time the last 2 days..ridiculous..

so, i do not recomended them..please be carefull

Buzz

Why is the VPS going down? is it due to high resource usage?

It doesn't sound like JaguarPC at all. They are a very reputable hosting company and ive never known a problem like this to occur.

In your VZPP are you getting any QoS alerts?
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

The DNS server port for the server running your nameservers isn't responding while other ports are responding. I would assume your named service is down, which may or may not be related to resource usage. The host should be able to tell you for sure.

We havent had any node issues I know of, nothing at all like you describe. Sounds like it may be something specific to your vps. If you want to give me your name or a ticket to pull up your account I'll take a look.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

And gnax goes out as I post that, doh! now I look like a tard
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC

Hey Jag, JaguarPC has been very stable lately, but right now it looks like everything is out. All my sites are out and I can't go to Jaguarpc.com either.

If you could post in here when it's all back online. I would really appreciate that.

Thanks!

Can any one open jaguarPc i am unable to do it is it a universal problem or only for me

Two of my sites are hosted and i can't open them

thanks

Looks like everything is down at the Jag facility... that means it should be fixed fairly quickly... eagerly awaiting update or word, since the JagPC forums are down.

Thanks Greg.

Jag seems to be down now.......

What's gnax?
    Why are all my domains gone?
    Why won't jaguarpc.com load?

I really like the fast service at JaguarPC. But this is the third or fourth time in as many months that everything has gone dark on my VPS. I would post this to support at JaguarPC, but I can't even ping them at the moment.

Part of this may be my lack of VPS knowledge, but whatever it is, it's getting really exasperating....

Ohhh...
    So that's what GNAX is.

Greg,

Thanks for the heads up. I came here after everything went dark.

For the record, I've been satisfied with JaguarPC's performance from their VPS to dedicated server platforms. Every large company has their share of troubles but Greg has personally dealt with me on a number of occassions to help me resolve problems.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Thanks... all is working now.

It wasn't JaguarPC's fault, it was a problem with their DC and such things are bound to happen every now again... I'm seeing GNAX is fixing things now and hopefully JaguarPC's customer's should be up again now...

Unhappy

some of the message i have send them

mine are in blue and JAGUAR are in red

I got this error when i log into the WHM system status

cpsrvd failed

this is what i have since you did your maintenance yesterday

response from them

Hi,
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I have checked, the VPS was in "mounted" state. I have now restarted it and it is running fine. I am successfully able to login into the WHM. Please check at your end to confirm.

after..on the same ticket

i was able to to log into Cpanel and WHM..but my forum is still down

Service named was stopped on you vps which has been started and your forums are loading fine now.

Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance

another ticket

Hi..the vps is down..i can't even get in by WHM or Virtuozo..

Your vps was in mounted state and I have started it now. It looks like virtuozzo killed certain processes on your vps when it started using too many resources to prevent the hardware node from crashing. I have fixed the problwm with vzpp. Please login and check QoS alerts and resources section and see whether your vps is exceeding any resource limits or if any of your accounts received any abnormal surge in traffic today.

nothing special..

Hi..my forum is down because the db is missing in the account..don't know why but someone has deleted or remove it..

found the trouble..the sql server was down..

another one

Hi..my forum is down..i have restart several time the vps and the dns, http service

no success

response from them..

Hi,
    I have checked, the named was down on the VPS. I have restarted it and your site is now loading fine. Please check at your end to confirm.

Hi..i can't log in my whm or my Cpanel for my account

Your vps has bad iptables rules on there which seem to be causing the connection problems. The vps is runnign and all services are runnign fine too.

-bash-3.00# hostname
    vps.buzzyback.com
    -bash-3.00# uptime
    10:22:50 up 19:10

the latest one

Hi..the last 3 days i had to restart services like dns, http myself..

I have a lot of downtime now ..is it possible to fix all the trouble for good..i'm a bit sick of having trouble each time..i have members who paid for the forum and they can't go in almost each days now..

answer..

I have checked the services are running fine now. Appears that the services had gone down due to load on your VPS.

Moreover you can make the services to auto restart in your WHM by selecting the services to monitor, in the following location:
    Main >> Service Configuration >> Service Manager

after..from them again

I have configured the services to auto restart in your WHM.

My forum is still down...

I have checked your domain "buzzyback.com" is loading fine.Further i have checked the services on your VPS that are up and running.Please clear your browser cache and then check from your end to confirm.

The forum is down since you change things inside..

been more then 4 hours now..
    I'm tired a bit of your system..please advise
    here is a copy of the restart dns service

Attempting to restart named
    Waiting for named to restart.... . . . . . . . . . . finished.

named status

named is disabled

Service: [named] has been disabled by the sys admin

Is this is suppose to be normal.???? don't think so
    so i made a complain to them..

Hi..i hope i send this complain to the right place..

I have many times take a deapt breath before sending this complain, but enought is enought.

PLease..go see the history of all the ticket i have send and open on my account. It's not normal to have so many times problems like that. I'm running a forum whit members who paid to be there. and i have a lot of downtime and nobody is able to fix it on the first time..all the time they do something and it goes down for nothing. I'm loosing members and money.

Please..be sure to fix it or i will have no choice to cancel my account and tell everyone in my forum why i have change place. This is my final advise

thanks

answer from them :

I got with our head technician regarding this and he is telling me there is a particular user on the node you're on causing issues with other VPS users. We will be migrating this user from the node to a dedicated server in the next few days at which time your named service should stop failing.

We do apologize for the issues noticecd and we're confident the migration of this particular account will help

So finally..i'm paying for trouble whit someone else..what the hell is that place..

ok..so here is the server informayion..so you will notice that i'm not in the top of my ressources

Processor Information Processor #1 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #1 Name: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248
    Processor #1 speed: 2194.450 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 1024 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Processor #2 Name: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248
    Processor #2 speed: 2194.450 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 1024 KB

Current Disk Usage Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/vzfs 15G 3.3G 12G 22% /
    /tmp 15G 3.3G 12G 22% /var/tmp
    Disk vzfs (/) 22 %

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2
    In your VZPP are you getting any QoS alerts?
    No..no alert in my virtuozo

Buzzyback,

Did you purchase a managed VPS plan from JaguarPC?

Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Mini
    Buzzyback,

Did you purchase a managed VPS plan from JaguarPC?

Mini
    no..i have purchase a vps plan only..it was 39.95 per month..

Buzz

Be careful if you cancel, this is how you will be treated: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=580912

I had the same VPS as you, the 39.95 to my knowledge is a managed VPS.

Regards,

Joel

Please do remember that VPS is still a shared hosting environment.

JaguarPC will not be able to control all their users, especially the number of servers they have.
    IMHO, they have efficiently detected the "surface" of the problem and fixed it.

I do not think that their diagnosis of the problem is inaccurate - Virtuozzo starts killing things when the load is too high on both the hardware and virtual nodes, so its natural for them to infer that your load was too high.
    These things do happen in life - get on with it.

Its luck really. It will happen with every host.
    The only way it won't happen is if there are advanced throttling systems in place.
    By then however, you'll probably be displeased, as installations may easily be flagged as abuse due to the resources they use.

Buzzyback,

Why do you come here and cry the blues for all to see? Does it make you feel better? I hope not. All this could be solved over yonder at JaguarPC.

I have found JaguarPC to be an excellent host and I am totally satisfied with them as my host. Service has been fast and great the few times I have needed them. The owner is available and a very reasonable man willing to work out any and all problems that may arise - and come on, in this environment (computers and the Internet) there will be problems.

I have used seven other hosting companies since 1997 and JaguarPC is the best in a long shot.

Uh... Frank... the problem is currently not Buzzyback... but Joel now is crying blues.
    Where it gets them, I don't know... people expect a company to respond in 15 minutes, but guess what... refunds take time... I would allot 14 days after filling out the proper forms, and confirmation from Jag.

Maybe I'm missing something, but as an impartial reader who's gone through the accounts further above, I can't see how there's anything terrible going on. JaguarPC seems to be handling the situation quite well. If the problem is due to another user, bear in mind that no host can just suddenly boot off a problem user the instant they cause load issues on a node.

You have to realise that a host is not your father or mother, they can't hold your hand all day long. From the text above it seems the host has been quite polite and has resolved your problems as best they could.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast