Your Worst Transfer Experience

What was your worst domain transfer experience? What was the end result?

transfering out of totalnic.net

i finally sold one of the names and dropped the other and re-snapped it

there is a thread with 30 pages or something at WHT that talks about this issue heh
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

When i was employed by somebody to, in his own words, "move a domain and hosting from one provider to another", with the project description being the guy not having enough time to fush around with it.

So i took it for very very little money, then found out the account was 112GB big!!! Was a video upload site!

The end result was me forcing my money back in his hand and warding everybody from taking the project.

Webhost disppearing and trying to get my name from dotregistrar... ended up getting it from snapnames when it dropped.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Have there been any happy endings when a registrar went out of business and the domains it managed were cleanly (relatively) moved to another registrar and the domain owners did not have to gnash too many teeth?

Thanks

John

Trying to remember which cmopany it was that went out of business (registrar) but I believe directi took over managing their names, so it does happen.

edit the registrar which got shutdown was dodora.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

wow, that is horrible... I think anyone would go nuts losing property! (domain names)