iweb, bad experience as new customer

It has been about a 3 weeks since i order a dedicated server(NOW I) from iWeb, until now still havent get a hand on it. Lots of problem during the process and i think my Account Manager is not very helpful and not professional doing his job. I will explain this in details.

On 23 Dec 2006, i signup for a dedicated server. Complete the registration form and paid with credit card. I got acknowlegment letter from iWeb about "Payment xxxxxx Succeeded" after the registration. Because of x'mas i assume that my order should be delay 1-2 days.

But i got email from my Account Manager on 24 Dec 2006, said he is not at the office and will arrange his collegue to process the contract on Tuesday. He also ask me to print and sign the contract(2 forms) and credit card form. I replied him saying that im using my sister credit card and i cant find the forms need to print after login the Customer Hub. So i request for the forms(to save time, he should email me with the links, just in case. Thats why i said he's not professional doing his job).

He reply me on 28 Dec 2006(Tuesday he's coming back) and give the links for the forms i needed. I ask my sister to sign(forward the email) on that day and i went for holiday(went back to my parent house, no internet connection there). I come back on 5 Jan 2007, and got reply from my sister, she have signed the forms. On same day i send him email with the forms(scan). And i get reply on same day, asking me to have my sister sign 2 more forms. He replied me (a part of email):

"The one you sent me is not acceptable since:
    No Client ID on the Service order shows and the client information on the credit card form is still showing your name."

Am i the one who make mistake here? Because i have told him that im using my sister credit card(I also send him my sister credit card scan picture ealier). He update the information wrong. Such as wrong spell for my sister's name, address and country name!

I know after i login Customer Hub and see the information is different. I think i didnt missed the client ID, if i did missed typing it, he can check in the system. Why email me for it and keep this delay.

Earlier email i ask him whether i can cancel the contract. Because i can feel this will happen. He said this:

"Your server is already paid for, but the contract details have not yet been completed."

Then why not give me the server first and the contract can be done later. From 23 Dec 2006 until 8 Jan 2007, about 17 days. I worked as IT Support for school. Its a school holiday when i signed for server, and i have about one month of free time to do my project for the server. Now school already reopen. My free time wasted. I also subscribed something that need me to pay $69/month to use with the server. I have subscribed after paid for the server. Paid $69 for nothing now. Really wasting my precious time and money($ convert to my country currency is hell alot)!

Delays also happen because my sister home dont have internet, weekend(he and my sister), earthquake in taiwan(no internet, i'm in singapore), my holiday and because different part of the world.

On 6 Jan 2007 i email him, if he cant give me the server. I will post on forum and email iWeb. And on today(8 Jan 2007), i did!

----------------
    Above is a copy of ticket i send to iWeb support yesterday. They didnt reply me so i decided to post on this forum seeking for help/advice.

This is first time i sign up for dedicated server. I have no experience with this.

ps: sorry for my poor english.

pls help me. this making me nuts since i cant cancel the order.

Well, its a shame that iWeb still requires all those paper documentation fax/scan crap in this day and age.

I was in a similar situation to yours a couple of years ago when I was in 7th grade, meaning, using someone else's credit card, in this case my dad's and everywhere EXECPT the credit card form I used my name home address, info and everything.

But it wasnt a big deal for me because I have done numerous online transactions before for dedicated server purchases so it was pretty routine.

It went pretty fine execpt when I had to cancel my server since I had no further use of it. They made me send the, yes you got it, a server termination form and I sent it like 3 to 4 times and they still did not get it. And they charged me for the next month.

Then after searching a lot on their website, I found a email form which sent an email directly to the head manager of some sort if I wasn't satisfied with any of the support personnel and amazingly he sorted it out immediately and sent me a refund.

I liked how the head manager took care of things really fast, cant say the same for their support team.

But unfortunately, due to the change in their website layout (when the hell did they do that?, lol) I cant seem to find the same form again.

Due to this experience, I dont recommend iweb and at the same time I dont stop from someone from getting a server from iWeb, I am neutral. If you want to go through all the paperwork hassle, then good for you. You get charged for the next monthbecause they didnt receive a fax you sent for server termination, o well.

I wish they just take some risk and make the sign up and termination process faster and simpler.
    Last edited by HNLV; 01-09-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

I will make sure to look into the issue and verify if you account manager processed your order correctly. I think the fact that you are paying with your sister's card did not help in this situation and I understand that if might be frustrating to go through all the verification processes when you are a legit customer but in order to keep our prices low and assure our customers the best service possible we need to avoid frauds (and the fraud attemps are very high).

Well, its a shame that iWeb still requires all those paper documentation fax/scan crap in this day and age.
    We do not like it either. Unfortunately, because of the high level of frauds attempts we have no other choice. We are working on easing the subscription process and merging some of the documents, but the faxed documents help us avoid lots of fraudulent orders. Orders where the customer's name does not fit the credit card owner's name are harder to get through because they are frequently related to frauds.

"The one you sent me is not acceptable since: No Client ID on the Service order shows and the client information on the credit card form is still showing your name." Am i the one who make mistake here? Because i have told him that im using my sister credit card(I also send him my sister credit card scan picture ealier). He update the information wrong. Such as wrong spell for my sister's name, address and country name!
    As I explained earlier in the message, your order might have been tagged as a potential fraudulent order, this makes it harder for you to complete the order and the Account Managers and Billing people are very strict as to the documents that must be completed and presented. If the name on the form did not match the name on the card, it is the reason why you have been asked to provide the documents a second time. The spelling errors are not acceptable, but the process is part of the fraud verification.

I know after i login Customer Hub and see the information is different. I think i didnt missed the client ID, if i did missed typing it, he can check in the system. Why email me for it and keep this delay.
    You are right.

But again, it must have been done to verify how serious you were and to make sure your order was not fraudulent. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Earlier email i ask him whether i can cancel the contract. Because i can feel this will happen. He said this: "Your server is already paid for, but the contract details have not yet been completed."
    You can always cancel your order and get a full refund in the first 30 days (guaranteed satisfaction policy) but in order to be able to request the refund you must complete the order process.

Then why not give me the server first and the contract can be done later.
    Because we need to make sure your order is not fraudulent, we do not want to deliver a server and have fraud problems afterward.

From 23 Dec 2006 until 8 Jan 2007, about 17 days. I worked as IT Support for school. Its a school holiday when i signed for server, and i have about one month of free time to do my project for the server. Now school already reopen. My free time wasted. I also subscribed something that need me to pay $69/month to use with the server. I have subscribed after paid for the server. Paid $69 for nothing now. Really wasting my precious time and money($ convert to my country currency is hell alot)!
    You can get a full refund without any problems. Also note that your billing date will only start the date your server will be online and accessible.

Delays also happen because my sister home dont have internet, weekend(he and my sister), earthquake in taiwan(no internet, i'm in singapore), my holiday and because different part of the world. On 6 Jan 2007 i email him, if he cant give me the server. I will post on forum and email iWeb. And on today(8 Jan 2007), i did!
    The fact that you experienced delays on your side, that it was the holiday period and that your order has been tagged as a possible fraudulent order caused all those delays. We are sorry for troubles it might have caused. Rest assured that you can always get a full refund if you change your mind within the first 30 days of your order. I will get in touch with your account manager and make sure he resolves everything with you.

Regards,
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Quote Originally Posted by RedpiN
    pls help me. this making me nuts since i cant cancel the order.
    Read their TOS, if they do not want to cooperate contact you bank. They didn't deliver the product. Good luck!

Martin,

One thing you may want to reconsider.

You said:

"You can always cancel your order and get a full refund in the first 30 days (guaranteed satisfaction policy) but in order to be able to request the refund you must complete the order process."

Essentially you are saying that in order t stop a in flight process for doing the order, they have to complete the order. If the reason why they have to stop the process is that they don't want to finish the process, then they have lost their money for no good reason. If you offer a money back guarantee which you do, you should allow them to cancel the process otherwise they are simply stuck in a loop with you.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Essentially you are saying that in order t stop a in flight process for doing the order, they have to complete the order. If the reason why they have to stop the process is that they don't want to finish the process, then they have lost their money for no good reason. If you offer a money back guarantee which you do, you should allow them to cancel the process otherwise they are simply stuck in a loop with you.
    Money is not lost in any way.

We cannot issue a refund if the card holder is not authenticated. We want all fraud cases to be reported to the CC issuer.

The customer has 2 options.

Since payment has been made and we need to authenticate the credit card holder, the customer may complete the authentication and order process with us and then asks for a refund using iWeb's Customer Hub and the 30 day money back form and obtains full refund quickly.

Or, the other option, the customer does not want to complete the process or it is a fraud, then the customer's or card holder's way to recuperate his money is to ask for a Charge Back with its bank/card issuer.

Regards,

Ok.. gotcha. Not sure i agree with it but then again I don't have to.
    Managed Services

We also had very bad experience

We are Canadian Company and said why we don't give a try to Iweb.ca located in Montreal, 2 hours far from Ottawa where we are located. Someone has also recommended them and we went ahead.

We do use NAC for our servers and we do not have any problem with them . They deliver what they promise. When you pay, you get your welcome email in max 1 day.

Unfortunately we needed a fast solution because NAC was short of options.

And i have given them a try.

Here is what happens:

- you order online and call a sales rep
    - A sales rep emails you ask questions how is your payment ordering going
    - he offers you a 3rd hard drive as a promotion.
    - you go online and sign Up;

1) check their Prices. If you select Canadian Dollars they apply conversion rate of 1.40 instead of goinng rate of 1.15 or something. The sales reps explanation is as follows:

"When we built the system the currency rate was like that"

I ask why dont you correct it, they say Well if we change the rate we will lose a lot of money.

I was shocked with that answer and had to select the USD option. They dont offer the payment by Amex if you select USD currency. We had to use Visa.

We have ordered the product.
    Explained that we need this service on Monday Morning (Yesterday ) the Sales Rep says ok ok ok . don't worry.

I fill the credit card form and my payment succeeds.

When you get that email, they tell you what form you need to fax. Because i paid by credit card, i was not asked to fax the credit card payment form.

Sales Rep emails: You did not send the payment.

I reply by the confirmation number

I called him.

His message is still vacation message by the way and i asked him to correct this for couple of times. He will be back on January 2.

Ok

I email him -> No answer

and i get an invoice i my email box. Asking me to make a payment.

I reply back with the order confirmation number -> No answer ( I was given a ticket ID. they confirmed they received and not replied)

I ask for the Sales Reps Manager on the phone. The other sales guy puts me on hold and promises to get back to my ticket which he confirmed in their database .

I insist to talk to the manager. He says we will get back to you right away.

Well another 3 hours passes and no reply.

I call billing for cancellation.

They guide me to cancel the server on their user interface.

I log in and check renewable services.

Of course no server to be cancelled. Because it is not created yet.

Now

what we have lost:

- time to launch a new server
    - money paid to them (I will charge it back hopefully)
    - time to emails and call and wait for an answer
    - delay my order with NAC.

So, i think iweb.ca is not matured as a big Data Center. They are one of the worst organized company i have ever worked with. We did have so many issues before we get to the point of launching the server.

They are not recommended until they pull them selves together;

Sad to place my comments for a company we chose as a good candidate being NAC's alternative.

Hope these problems are temporary and will the company be in a better position for service quality after our comments.
    Last edited by mbulent; 01-09-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Hi Mbulent,

Sylvain here told me you just answered his direct email. You were sent multiple other emails that seem not to have reached your mailbox and your server is currently online (it was brought online this afternoon). It looks like you use 3 different email addresses, maybe it is part of the confusion.

I will post a complete update in 5-10 minutes here, please keep in touch with Sylvain if there is any problem.

Regards,

Hi again,

First let me apologize for the problems you had. If you search for iWeb here on WHT I think you will find 99.9% good reviews. Our customers usually appreciate the quality of our customer service. I hope we will be able to proove it to you in the next weeks when you will use your server with us. I think there might have been an email filter problem or something, I see at least one communication in your ticket history where you write back as if the previous communication we sent you was never received. For exemple this communication was sent at 4h00pm today

Your server can be delivered today if you still want it. We received
    your fax friday afternoon, which is 48 hours ago (business days), no
    servers are delivered on the week-end.

Do you want the refund or the server?

Best regards,

=================================================
    Patrick Lepage, Technical assistance level 2 [iWeb]
    Support / Client Hub : http://Hub.iWeb8.com
    FAQ: http://faq.iweb.ca/eng
    http://www.iWeb8.com
    =================================================
    You replied 1h20 later that you were still waiting for our reply and that you would post your issue to WHT.

I guess the confusion comes from the delivery delays you expected. We deliver servers normally in a 24 to 48 hours delay (business days). Special configurations can take a little longuer to deliver (your server had 3 disks and some other custom settings that are not requested frequently). Your order was paid and documents received friday afternoon and your server was released this afternoon, a little bit after the normal 48 hours delay due to the special configurations. I went through your Account Manager's communications with you and I think on Thursday Jean-Luc told you that servers are normally delivered in a 24 to 48 hours delay, I assume that it is why you expected the server to be ready monday morning. Jean-Luc might have forgotten to mention that the delays were starting after the order was completed and that special configurations could take some extra time to be delivered. But it might also have been an error on his part.

check their Prices. If you select Canadian Dollars they apply conversion rate of 1.40 instead of goinng rate of 1.15 or something. The sales reps explanation is as follows: "When we built the system the currency rate was like that" I ask why dont you correct it, they say Well if we change the rate we will lose a lot of money. I was shocked with that answer and had to select the USD option
    The answer that the sales rep gave you might not have been the totally appropriate. While it is true that at this particular moment where the exchange rate is around 1.18 we would lower our income at this moment if we would lower all our Canadian prices to the current exchange rate you also need to think that our Canadian prices cannot change in time. We cannot sell a server for 99$ now, then in six months if the exchange rate is higher tell the customer he now needs to pay 115$ for the same server and later in another 6 months tell him the rate has one again changed to 99$ or lower. We cannot play with the prices like that. We need to use one exchange rate and fix the prices. Unfortunatly prices have been fixed at a high exchange rate, but if we decided to lower it we would have to accept to keep it forever or almost. We are watching the tendencies of the exchange rate and while it has been lowering for some time now, as low as 1.10 at one time, it is now starting to grow again, now almost at 1.18. We guarantee our customers that the prices they pay for the service they buy will not change. If customers want to take advantages of the current exchange rate of the USD vs the CAD they can pay in USD and will need to assume the variation of the costs. We might lower the CAD fees one day but for the moment we continue to monitor the exchange rate situation. While it currently looks unlikely, nothing guarantees us that the rate will not be 1.5 in 6 months, if it is it will be an advantage to pay in CAD since we would not raise our rates because of it.

They dont offer the payment by Amex if you select USD currency. We had to use Visa.
    Unfortunatly AMEX does not offer us the possibility to accept AMEX payments in USD. We would like to accept USD for AMEX but in order to accept it we would need to provide a US address and it could cause some financial tax issues if we did have a US address. We are studying the possibility to accept Paypal from Verified Accounts in order to allow our customers to pay with Amex in USD they would be able through Paypal. We hope to add this option soon.

We have ordered the product.
    Explained that we need this service on Monday Morning (Yesterday ) the Sales Rep says ok ok ok . don't worry.
    I apologize if there was a miscommunication on this issue. As your order was paid and documents faxed back friday afternoon, your Account Manager should have been able to tell you that your server would be ready in the worst case tuesday night.

I ask for the Sales Reps Manager on the phone. The other sales guy puts me on hold and promises to get back to my ticket which he confirmed in their database .
    I insist to talk to the manager. He says we will get back to you right away.
    Well another 3 hours passes and no reply.
    I saw one of your ticket being transfered to the "Complaint to Management" section of our ticket system this afternoon and Sylvain, our Sales Manager, answered your complaint ticket. I think you had communications with him tonight. It might not have been replied in a 3 hours delay, managers are not always available, but you can be sure that is was brought to our attention. You can also always use the "Complaint to Management" form in the Customer Hub to submit any issue you have that is not solved at your satisfaction. It is received by our Sales Manager, our Customer Service Manager and me (I do not always see the complaints quickly but I review them periodicly).

We have lost:

- time to launch a new server
    - money paid to them (I will charge it back hopefully)
    - time to emails and call and wait for an answer
    - delay my order with NAC.
    We are sorry for the time that was lost and that the delivery delays were not clear at first. We hope the situation has been solved at your entire satisfaction and do not worry, you do not need to ask for a charge back. We offer a worry-free 30 days money back guarantee and you can cancel at any time in the first 30 days of service with complete refund.

I hope you will appreciate your server at iWeb and who knows, maybe you'll write a good review in a few months :-)

Let us know if there are anything else we can do for you.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by atchoooo
    As I explained earlier in the message, your order might have been tagged as a potential fraudulent order, this makes it harder for you to complete the order and the Account Managers and Billing people are very strict as to the documents that must be completed and presented. If the name on the form did not match the name on the card, it is the reason why you have been asked to provide the documents a second time. The spelling errors are not acceptable, but the process is part of the fraud verification.
    The mistake is not done by me. During registration i always check more than twice the information i entered is correct. How can i make mistake typing my sister's name and my country. I think after i told my account manager about i'm using my sister credit card, he update my information wrong and the contract generated from it also wrong. I only notice when he said there information on contract and entered by my sister is not match. I didnt check the contract, just forward email i received from him to my sister. Of course she will correct her name and type the correct address.

About the 2 email, i already told(email) my account manager to cancel order from that email. He said, he did. I use another email to keep all my spend biling under one place.

You can always cancel your order and get a full refund in the first 30 days (guaranteed satisfaction policy) but in order to be able to request the refund you must complete the order process.
    I have a reply from Sylvain Leclair comfirming to cancel the order or continue with iWeb. I will reply him later, cancel the order and get full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Commit1 Anthony
    Read their TOS, if they do not want to cooperate contact you bank. They didn't deliver the product. Good luck!
    Told my sister to check and cancel it. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by mbulent
    When you get that email, they tell you what form you need to fax. Because i paid by credit card, i was not asked to fax the credit card payment form.
    True, i have to ask my account manager for it. One of the delays to get him reply me!

I reply back with the order confirmation number -> No answer ( I was given a ticket ID. they confirmed they received and not replied)
    Same again. That why i decided to post here. But after i send "Complaint to Management" ticket, Sylvain Leclair replied me 2-3 hours after send the ticket.

So, i think iweb.ca is not matured as a big Data Center. They are one of the worst organized company i have ever worked with. We did have so many issues before we get to the point of launching the server.

They are not recommended until they pull them selves together;

Sad to place my comments for a company we chose as a good candidate being NAC's alternative.
    I had to agree with this! Its my last resort to post here even i hate to do this. I wish they will improve their service in future. Especially from sales and biling department. Most customers will have problems from there and the company will lose business. I had a similar problem like this. Using my sister credit card to buy web hosting, but it only takes 2 days to solved. But this is like a loop. But im going out of this loop.

I understand about company fight againts frauds and i supporting this fight. But every customer want to get what they buy fast. Avoid delays or you losing your customer. Because i have no mood to accept the offer free a month and continue with the order.

Redpin,

The mistake is not done by me. During registration i always check more than twice the information i entered is correct. How can i make mistake typing my sister's name and my country.
    I did not say that you made the mistakes, I said if our Sales Rep made the spelling mistakes they were not acceptable.

As I explained earlier your delays were mostly caused because your order has been tagged as Fraudulent because of multiple reasons that Sylvain told you in en email he sent you. Among other reasons are :

1- Multiple orders
    2- Different email addresses in your 2 orders.
    3- Free email service addresses
    4- Domain name registered the same day
    5- Credit card owner not matching account owner.
    6- Contract has been modified before faxing it back.

As Sylvain told you, you will be refunded as requested. If you want to complete the order you can complete the steps that are missing that we requested. I think you told Sylvain you did not want, then you will be refunded.

Sorry for this situation, it is really rare that orders are identified as fraud erroneously.

Regards,

Hi Martin;

I have received the welcome letter after posting here. may be coincidence.

Yes, thats what i am telling. this is an issue you can easily fix by improving the communication/ We were not told that the server would take 48 hours to complete (Working hours). If we were told we would not be here.

The main problem was Your sales rep asked us to make a payment while we have already paid, he did not respond to our questions, not seing the server under the accounts page made us think that your billing and sales does not cooperate well;

Also you should do something better for CAD conversion. Many people might trust that you are using the right conversion rate and even does not check it until they realize the huge price difference. Thats what i thought;

You can use tools to get the daily rate and round the price to the closes amount. no one would mind paying $91 rather than $99 CAD.

We will give your server a try and see how it functions and decide to cancel or not. hope the server support is better organized and prompt to handle emergency issues;

Best Regards;

Bulent
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Paypal easier

As Sylvain told you, you will be refunded as requested. If you want to complete the order you can complete the steps that are missing that we requested. I think you told Sylvain you did not want, then you will be refunded.
    Now waiting Sylvain reply me back. I have confirm him to cancel the order.

Yesterday evening i sign up a dedicated server with other company. This morning i can use already. Paypal is alot easier and fast.

Great experience

We have had a great experience with iWeb. First with dedicated leased servers and colocation and now with a cabinet colocation at their new data-centre. Their network and reliability is second to none.
    • • • • www.canfone.com • • • •
    Email: ben (@) canfone (.) com
    Toll-free: 1-866-857-3140
    Linked in: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/benblakley

We will give your server a try and see how it functions and decide to cancel or not. hope the server support is better organized and prompt to handle emergency issues;
    I am confident that you will be happy with our emergency response time and after sale support. Take a moment to read the emergency procedures in your welcome letter and to familiarize with the Emergency forms in the Hub and note that you can always call us 24/7 to report an emergency (do not forget to mention your server-id). If you have an emergency where your server is still reachable, use the emergency work order form. Like this everything should go perfectly. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Regards,

CoolRaul,

Ok.. gotcha. Not sure i agree with it but then again I don't have to.
    When we refund the money on a credit card that is then declared stolen, the credit card company will charge back the amount from our bank account even if we made the refund so we will end up refunding 2 times the same purchase! That is why the customer has to complete the ordering process before asking for a refund according to our guarantees.

Regards,

I have bad experience when i am getting my 3rd server with iweb.

At that time, i asked my account manager is it possible to get my server ready in 3 days. He said yes and promise to deliver server on time. Then it delay for almost 2 weeks before i get my server.

Delay due to, fails to followup, fails to followup even i repeatedly email him and fails to followup after talking to him through online support. I have to keep on contacting him to remind him to send me contract details, payment details, up to a point he dont bother to reply my email at all.

Finally when everything is done, i get my server 7 days later than what he promise me. I've wasted my vacation which i thought i can configure the server during that time. Seems like iWeb likes to give empty promises and does not deliver on time.

I am not satisfied with the customer service. However, their support service is reasonably good. Network uptime is good too. Their support team is very responsive and helpful. These are the reason why i am still with iweb.

I've been with iweb over a year now. I am pretty satisfied. I have rented 2 dedicated servers and now I am colocating a server in the new data center. I am thinking about renting again dedicated servers there.

After all these months with iweb, I can state that their weakest links are their 'account managers'. They do a lot of errors in the contract when you sign-up and often take a lot of time to answer your emails (if they do respond at all). This is the only drawback that I see at this point. The problems found in this thread are all related to account managers. If you can bypass your account manager and talk directly to martin or a sysadmin (when you have a hardware problem), your problem is sure to solved. Asking your account manager is a gamble. 99% of your problems and frustration at iweb will come from your acocunt managers. I always have the impression that they do not care customers.

Once your server is up and you don't need to interact with your account manager, the service is great. Uptime, bandwidth and speed is fabulous. Sysadmins are competent and will promptly solve hardware problems you may have. The billing department is also very responsive.

The trick with iweb is to contact the right department to get the job done. If you have a billing issue you can contact them directly through the control panel. You can also contact directly the sysadmins when you have hardware or connectivity issues. These departments always replied to me in the past. I do trust them. You can avoid a lot of frustration by not talking to your account manager.

I plan to stay with iweb because they have great prices, uptime and internet connection. Do not be afraid by your problems when you sign-up at iweb. As I said, the main problems at iweb come from their account managers, otherwise it is a great company to do business with.
    Last edited by CloudyList; 01-13-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevourer
    Asking your account manager is a gamble. 99% of your problems and frustration at iweb will come from your acocunt managers. I always have the impression that they do not care customers.
    Totally agree.

Once your server is up and you don't need to interact with your account manager, the service is great. Uptime, bandwidth and speed is fabulous. Sysadmins are competent and will promptly solve hardware problems you may have.
    Yes. Their support is very responsive and they will followup with your problems.

I plan to stay with iweb because they have great prices, uptime and internet connection. Do not be afraid by your problems when you sign-up at iweb. As I said, the main problems at iweb come from their account managers, otherwise it is a great company to do business with.
    As mention before, these are the reasons that i am still staying with iWeb and getting servers from them. However, every time when i am getting another server, the thought of getting another server via my account manager always makes me want to find alternative provider. They really always wasting my time.

IWeb has always treated us right. Fast response from our server manager at all times. Our servers have never been down in 2 years of doing business with them. I did notice at first we did have a payment issue, as we were charged 25 dollars on the strong, but they rectified that with a simple phone call. I am sure you will be pleased with them, now that you have received your server.

CoolRaul,

When we refund the money on a credit card that is then declared stolen, the credit card company will charge back the amount from our bank account even if we made the refund so we will end up refunding 2 times the same purchase! That is why the customer has to complete the ordering process before asking for a refund according to our guarantees.

Regards,
    Thanks for the explanation Martin. I didn't know that to be honest.
    Managed Services

IWeb has always treated us right. Fast response from our server manager at all times.
    Some account managers seem to care about customers and I am glad you were assigned one. I was assigned a new account manager recently and hopefully I will have better business relations with him.

Juan Franco is my new Manager now. The last one was great also. I also noticed if you called them, they also speak English and are very helpful