CCavenue merchant experiences

Hello,

I have searched the forum and I have seen lots of posts in regards to ccavenue but much of the relevant content is dated back years ago. I would like to know of current performance and experience of ccavenue. All facts, opinions and experiences welcome.

Thanks
    SuperMonster

Well, it depends a little on your location and business model, but there are better alternatives available than CCAvenue.
    You should also take a look at 2CheckOut, CCNow, MultiCards and WorldPay.

If you have a business location in the U.S., you should normally be able to get a direct merchant account through

Your interest in CCAvenue would only be valid if you wish to process and be settled in Indian Rupees or have many customers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklo

Your interest in CCAvenue would only be valid if you wish to process and be settled in Indian Rupees or have many customers there.
    Do you have any experience of using CCavenue for a site targeting customers from India?

I'm planning to use their services for a site that will be selling mainly to Indian customers.

Have never used them, but as far as I know, they are the only processor that can process and settle in Rupees which is a big plus if your target market is located there. Plus they will deal with the support issues as well which could save you a lot of hassle especially with the language.

They just stopped taking visa and mastercard unless you are based in India or Singapore, so I'd forget about it.

Their service leaves much to be desired anyway. Their check system is crap, they approve charges then the next day might cancel the payment. Or won't let someone retry payment with the same order number if it failed! Stupid. Makes automation very difficult.

However, of the other companies mentioned, I only know 2co, and their system is not great either, especially how you must designate them a retailer of your goods. Their merchant website is total crap too, all confusing and difficult to do even simple things. Anyone with a brain could clean it up in a day, just for example organizing the menu in a coherent manner rather than listing tasks in a random order. Sometimes they email me and ask me to contact customers for no reason (no chargeback or anything) saying the phone number didn't work; I just ignore them and they forget about it. A bit strange. Even their help system is dumb; even though logged in you have to fill out all your info again just to submit a question. Stupid things like that. Also their exchange rates are very bad.

The others I don't know, but I need to find a good processor for a company located in Asia (unfortunately not Sing/HK or somewhere easy). I'd especially like to process in pounds and get the transfer overseas in pounds with no rip-off conversions to US dollars in between as at 2co. We have an excellent record. Ideas?

Yes, I have seen the new thread about it.
    If I was aware of that I would never have encouraged you to have a look at them.

In regards to the processing in £ and settlements in £ without conversion rates.
    I think your best bet would be WorldPay, although their set up fees seem to be high compared to other 3rd party processors. If you show them your processing history with 2CO and it's good, it should be no problem for them to accept your business.

As I recall they told me before I had to be in Singapore or they couldn't do it. Said they didn't support SE Asia countries.