Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im so tired of this drama!

i get the most idiotic clients

one account expired in december, ive been trying to collect from her for two weeks. i know she has the money, it isnt much.

she has given me one excuse after another.

i told her if she didnt pay today by 6PM CST that she is suspended.

so she writes back at 8PM that she didnt want to pay paypal (which is the bill i sent two weeks ago) because she wanted to use her visa to get miles. seriously, youve got to be kidding me. she can use her visa with paypal and she has a paypal account and how many miles does someone get for spending 24.95? either way, it has been one excuse after another from her!

here is the run down in reverse (youll probably laugh at this)

//////////////

I am sending over all your files in a ZIP file.

I have really had enough of this drama on trying to collect for hosting for
    two weeks.

Please find another host.

Lauren Stephens

----- Original Message -----
    To: "me
    Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 8:01 PM
    Subject: Re: from lauren stephens

I know, but I get miles with my Visa...

Kathi

----- Original Message -----
    To: "client
    Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 5:02 PM
    Subject: Re: from lauren stephens

>I sent the email VIA PayPal.
    >
    > You would just choose however it lets you pay. It says you already have a
    > PayPal account.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Lauren
    >
    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: "client
    > To: "lauren
    > Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 5:47 PM
    > Subject: Re: from lauren stephens
    >
    >
    >> There is a Visa link but it doesn't work. Can I pay with Visa?
    >>
    >> Kathi
    >>
    >> ----- Original Message -----
    >> From: "lauren
    >> To: "client
    >> Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 10:24 AM
    >> Subject: Re: from lauren stephens
    >>
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I still havent received a payment.
    >>>
    >>> Please make sure a payment is made before 6PM CST tonite.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Lauren
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ----- Original Message -----
    >>> From: "client
    >>> To: "lauren
    >>> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 12:29 PM
    >>> Subject: Re: from lauren stephens
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Can we go month to month? Just
    >>>> bill me for January ok?
    >>>>
    >>>> Kathi
    >>>>
    >>>> ----- Original Message -----
    >>>> From: "lauren
    >>>> To: "client
    >>>> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 7:34 AM
    >>>> Subject: Re: from lauren stephens
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> The domain name is already in your name. There is no problem with the
    >>>>> domain name.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I just need to know today (it is the 5th) if you want to keep your
    >>>>> hosting with us at $24.95 per month.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> It is completely up to you, but the 5th is the cut off date and I
    >>>>> first invoiced you a couple of weeks ago.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Please let me know what you would like to do. I do not want the
    >>>>> account to go into suspension and have late fees.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Lauren
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Your generous as it is leaving it unsuspended for 2 weeks, you have more patience than me.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

normally, they are gone in 5 days.

but hey, it was the holidays!!!!

Never, ever post a client's e-mails in a public forum. Not even if you have removed the client's e-mail address. It looks wicked unprofessional.

Just my 2¢ worth...sorry Lauren.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Wow, you are extremely patient.

I know it's a priority to keep clients, but I'd use the same method and time amount for clients that haven't paid on time. It's just not worth all the drama to make a couple bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    im so tired of this drama!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i get the most idiotic clients
    Maybe you need to give it up

Suspend the account and wait for payment. End of involvement. I can't imagine wasting my time emailing, debating and zipping up files for a non-paying client...especially over $25. My time is worth more than that.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

thats exactly why im not letting it drag on.

she can go elswhere.

im zipping the files because im the one who just designed their website.

Were you asking a question or for advice? Or warning others? Just curious about the reason for the post.

--Tina

just to vent

and advice is always welcome, although i already made my decision before i posted.

Venting is good sometimes. It needs to be done from time to time.

Some harsh words used towards the client, no matter if they paid or not, suspend the account and that goes by your policy but don't be harsh with any type of client. Never know she might send her friend over in the future or she might leave and you will never ever see your 24.95.

Just my two pickles in a jar.
    Artur B. @ Kenton Networks, New York Reliable Dedicated Servers with SSD.
    Office: 1.716.220.8995

Quote Originally Posted by catbones
    Some harsh words used towards the client, no matter if they paid or not, suspend the account and that goes by your policy but don't be harsh with any type of client. Never know she might send her friend over in the future or she might leave and you will never ever see your 24.95.

Just my two pickles in a jar.
    pickles are good.

she has been a client over a year.

she was invoiced more than once for this.

i cant believe she waited til way past the cut off and then says she doesnt want to pay because of visa miles. thats really what did it for me. she was still on until then.

she has called three times today already. NOW her website is important to her.

I say always remain patient with a client...

aren't you breaching your own privacy policy by posting this clients information/messages to you?

i am just trying to understand the methodology of your rant. i think you could easily get your point accross without posting confidential information between you and your client.

its not like text can't be doctored, so what does it prove anyways?

maybe i'm mistaken, but if you did breach your privacy policy you should ask for this post to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprietary Servers Web Hosting part of Lauren Stephens Internet
    Privacy Policy

We take your privacy very seriously. We also value and respect confidentiality in business. We do NOT ever release any client's names or contact information for any purposes without your express consent. We let our work, referrals and online portfolio speak for itself!

When you do business on the net or have a business on the net, there are many ways that your privacy, website, data and quite possibly your safety can be in jeopardy.

We have created a proprietary software that tracks stalking and hacking activity on our servers. We are constantly monitoring our servers for such activity.

Our primary concern is for your personal safety and data integrity. With that, we offer all clients the anonymity that they deserve. We go to extra lengths to protect your personal information and data when you become one of our clients.

In addition to all of the above, we never release any client information to any outside party without a legally served court order from the proper jurisdiction.

If you feel your privacy and your business is of the utmost importance, we share that concern with you and do everything within our power to protect our clients from such abuses.
    Last edited by bodhisattva; 01-09-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Ooooo touche!
    - Steve D
    SERVBoston: Hosting since 2003
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.
    Top Notch Support from a veteran hosting company!

what confidential information?

and, they are no longer clients anyways.

additionally, they were hosting with another company of ours, not one on my server.
    Last edited by Project X; 01-09-2007 at 04:15 PM.

ok. i figured later that could be the case, about different hosting. I want to also make it clear I have nothing against you. I just read this thread and was having a hard time understanding why you felt it was neccessary to post client-provider information out in the open. You could have easily gave your rant about bad customers, one in particular without sharing what I am sure the client considered to be a private conversation.

I'm not going to speculate about other companies, and their privacy policies or lack of. Most likely even when working for another company you are bound to the polcies their clients signed onto. But it doesn't seem you are doing support for other companies, sounds like this person took you on a design client.

So if you designed their website, did they not sign into your privacy policy, or do you work the different facets of your business under different standards?

regardless, information like a persons first name, their preferred method of payments is considered confidential information under most privacy policies, even after people are no longer clients. Even the smallest bit of information can be used against a person.

Also even after people are no longer clients you cannot publicize your pool of client information, just because people cancelled, that would still be a breach of the privacy policy that person likely would have entered into. Just because someone quits the service, does not mean their right to privacy has changed. You can't screw somebody just because they stopped sending you money!

It just seemed really weird to me though, that you'd post stuff about clients, on a website where many potential customers will come, and see that you post private emails that ex-clients have sent you.

ok, have checked your site, appears that design clients are also bound by the same privacy policy. http://laurenstephens.com/privacy.html

so you are saying you freely spread your ex-clients information, as your privacy policy in regard to their private information is null/void when they are no longer sending you funds?

something doesn't seem right here. whether or not this person is/was a client, I don't feel you should be sharing anything beyond your opinion of your experience with them publicly.

also noticed you changed the part of your response about designing their website. maybe that was a good idea, as that may have been more private information you were sharing.
    Last edited by bodhisattva; 01-09-2007 at 04:53 PM.

i am just reading into this too much i think. i'm not even that worried about it.

i guess you were just driven to that point. i can accept that. don't waste any breath satisfying my inquiries, as i think most was just speculation on my behalf, trying to understand your moves.

have a good one.

allrighty then....

</puzzled>

you can't close </puzzled> unless you open it first <puzzled> lol

thanks for explaining your position though. not sure why i felt it neccessary to talk with you about this.

take care

Clients skip out on payments. Its a fact of life. Suspend them and move on. I don't really understand what the big deal is. If I posted a new thread here everytime a client paid late, or irritated me in a HelpDesk ticket or any number of typical day-to-day hosting biz stuff...my post count would be doubled within a couple of months.

My advice would be to try not to get worked up over this stuff. It happens. No big deal.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Clients skip out on payments. Its a fact of life. Suspend them and move on. I don't really understand what the big deal is. If I posted a new thread here everytime a client paid late, or irritated me in a HelpDesk ticket or any number of typical day-to-day hosting biz stuff...my post count would be doubled within a couple of months.

My advice would be to try not to get worked up over this stuff. It happens. No big deal.

--Tina
    i constantly get irritated, thats no big deal. but when someone says they are more worried about visa miles than their web hosting account, i gotta draw the line somewhere.

You've probably wasted $24.95 worth of your own time trying to collect. It's real simple. You've sent her a bill and it's not your problem that she wants to pay it with her Visa.

Have you considered holding her files hostage in addition to suspending her account until you get paid?

Good luck.
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast