var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('350px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('330px');
36 Ways To Reduce Stress
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say "No" to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern find out what God would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation .. forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.,
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you, Jesus!"
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
is the answer for posting long urls!!!
Seems those of us who don't believe in God are in for a lot more stress!
I like this one, might make it bold and send to a few people
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut)
Exactly what I think!
Originally Posted by
I have only 2:
1. Dump girlfriend
2. Dump current employer
When I did step 1, it was like being reborn. Still working on step #2...
Agreed with most part.
And let me rephrase your title: 36 Ways To Reduce Stress for Christians
Closed for winter...
Eat sweets! That helps me! Haha.
I like the one about sitting on your own ego, really works!
Yeah, when I'm angry with somebody or something I eat chocolate and it helps me much.
Originally Posted by
I think I groaned at every one mentioning God; maybe that has increased my stress?
having a regular lifestyle will help...
What about eating ice cream