Hosting resellers

Are there webhosting providers who offer webhosting facilities of the kind dreamhost does, at low prices as well?

I like the Dreamhost facilities, but I am looking for providers who are more reseller oriented.

Are there any UK providers who offer something similar to dreamhost, in terms of control, SSH, PHP compilation and all that?

Are you actually going to sell to clients? If so, I would recommend raising your budget and get a reliable reseller instead of one that promises you all the bells and whistles for a low price.

Yeh - I would recommend resellerzoom or hostingzoom(the reseller packages obviously).

They provide solid servers with decent amounts for a reasonable price...And remeber - You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

lol, I like their plan4

493GB diskspace and nearly 5TB of bandwidth

Could not resist taking a quick peak at their forums and saw this

I am the co-admin of a very small forum. Just a few dozen active members at any one time, and not a single day goes by that our performance isn't so bad, it is essentially unuseable.
    Surely not with all the 500GB drives they have?

ok, flame me I know but I could not resist.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeja
    Are there webhosting providers who offer webhosting facilities of the kind dreamhost does, at low prices as well?

I like the Dreamhost facilities, but I am looking for providers who are more reseller oriented.

Are there any UK providers who offer something similar to dreamhost, in terms of control, SSH, PHP compilation and all that?
    Why don't you start with a reliable reseller (you will need to pay a premium) and as you build your client base, upgrade to a dedicated server. Just remember, like any other business, you pay for what you get.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Crucial Web Host is offline [email protected]
    Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib
    Just remember, like any other business, you pay for what you get.
    That's actually an understatment in this industry.

So true...
    CrucialHosting.com - Performance Hosting Solutions:
    SamsClub.com - Walmart.com - Ellusionist.com - CampSaver.com

Check out our Site Showcase for more big brand examples!

Hello,

I would look at slhost.com good plans and not at a bad price good support i got one server with them.

Mike

The main reason I like dreamhost is not so much performance, but mainly the service the offer,which for an advanced developer the ability to focus on developing the web application rather than managing the server.

I simply need providers who offer something similar. I am not much interested in dedicated or vps servers as I have to concern my self with management and I have not time for that.

I am running a few VPSs, but dreamhost services save me a lot of bother until the site are well honed then I can transfer them to a more permanent setup.

I am not much interested in dedicated or vps servers as I have to concern my self with management and I have not time for that.
    Get them fully managed then?

Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib
    Why don't you start with a reliable reseller (you will need to pay a premium) and as you build your client base, upgrade to a dedicated server. Just remember, like any other business, you pay for what you get.
    very true. If you want reliability and quality you need to pay for it. And if your planning to host clients your best off with a good reliable host.

Just remember there are a large amount of web hosts are overselling, and that's how there plans are often so cheap, such as dreamhost.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

Quote Originally Posted by mydeja
    The main reason I like dreamhost is not so much performance, but mainly the service the offer,which for an advanced developer the ability to focus on developing the web application rather than managing the server.

I simply need providers who offer something similar. I am not much interested in dedicated or vps servers as I have to concern my self with management and I have not time for that.

I am running a few VPSs, but dreamhost services save me a lot of bother until the site are well honed then I can transfer them to a more permanent setup.
    Maybe you can buy their dedicated shared plan ..... ..... .... .... if you are ready to pay $399 per month.
    I guess you can resell with that plan, and they provide the same environment as the shared account, I think.

If you want a host geared for special setup, grockthis.net seems to be very interesting.
    I don't know at all about the details of their server setup, though.

Maybe you can get better suggestions if you tell us what kind of "services" at dreamhost you appreciate.

For example, I appreciate the fact that they have Ocaml and different versions of Python installed.
    Although many hosts have Python, not many have different versions of pythons.
    As for the Ocaml, DreamHost is the only host I know of.
    (Both Python and Ocaml can be installed in the user's directory by ourselves, though.)