Hi there....

We damaged a file on a windows server 2003 system which caused us to get a grey screen where the login windows should be (it was setup as a domain controller)

We tried booting it in safe mode and all the other modes etc etc.... but to no avail... we couldn't get it to work.

So we wanted to replace the file manually using another pc (by inserting one of the harddrives into the pc, and copying the file to it).

We used a windows XP machine.... imported the harddrive using disk management..... we had to un mirror the drive to be able to access it.

Once the mirror was broken i gave it a drive letter, copied the the new file to it, and, removed the drive letter i assigned it, and tried booting with *just* that drive in the windows 2003 server.

Now it wont boot, it just reboots everytime i tries to start up, probably because we broke the mirror on a different machine.

It still boots from the other untouched drive... that was in the mirror, but we have no way to edit the files on there.

So is there any way to actually get this, once mirrored drive, to boot now its a single disc?

Thanx