Ideal transfer rate

What should be ideal transfer rate when testing server speed.

Ideal for what service?

webserver for http service.

That would depend pretty heavily on the type of site. I guess IDEAL for most any site would be 1 gigabit, but i have never had a host that fast. Out of all the services ive tried ive seen between 5 and 80megabit. For just a standard page with few downloads offered a standard 10 megabit connection is fine, which i would expect to benchmark coast to coast at atleast 50% of the rated speed.
    Its all pretty much opinion though, depending on how many hits your looking for, and what type of content your serving.
    I ussually try to go for 100megabit links with a transfer limit, so i dont have to pay a ton for unmetered, but can still burst pretty high if needed, just incase.

It would be rather clear if i say that i have tested my dedicated which is having 80kbps max transfer rate. what does it mean is it too slow ?

References http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=575332

You should probably contact your host on issues like that.

Look at your terms of service and what exactly you paid for. Granted, 80kbps or even 80KBps on a 10Mbps port is very low. But without knowing if you've agreed to having bought shared bandwidth on a highly oversold saturated host... there could be numerous other reasons why it's going so slow.

Where is your server located, where are you downloading/uploading from in your tests... provide a traceroute...

Server load? How much bandwidth is it pushing out currently for other things?

Well, first thing i would check, is how are you testing it ?
    Are you downloading to your own connection ? If so, how fast is your rated connection speed from your isp? Whats your average download speed from other sites ?

edit: If you want other people with (maybe?) faster connections to do a speed test for you, you could provide a link on here and i atleast will post results. ohh oops, looks like most of this was already asked

Thanks for answering.
    My speed has inscresed upload 10x means having transfer rate of 700kbps now. My NIC was set to 1/2 duplex.
    I guess a ideal server should have over 500kbps transfer rate raw. Isnt it ?

I'm not sure why "as fast as possible" isn't a good answer here...