[HIRE ME] Make offer for FreeBSD/Linux Security & Server Management (since 2001)
- Security Specialist or Tech for hire
- Open payment plans, make your offers!
- FreeBSD and Linux experience since 2001
- Never a single system hacked!
I am owner of iKhost, a reputable web hosting company created in 2005 with around 200 customers. I have also worked for iKcs / Layer-Two as a systems administrator since 2002, looking after a few web hosting, mail, dns, shell and gamserver machines for them. I manage to support my own company as well as iKcs
All of the machines I have secured and administered are still online and operational to date bar a few gameservers, dns and mailserver machines as they ended up selling them to clients. They have never subject to any hacking or such despite the large number of clients they host.
Since working with iKcs, I have gained and used the following knowledge extensively
GENERAL SERVER SECURITY
- Prevent brute force of FTP, HTTP auth, SSH etc
- Prevent port scans
- Regular server software upgrades (openssl, openssh, httpd, php, zlib etc..) kernel is optional
WEBSERVER PERFORMANCE & SECURITY
- Increase HTTP performance tenfold using firewalling methods (rate limiting, anti-DoS)
- Security of Apache at firewall level - No remote includes from insecure PHP scripts
- PHP Hardening, Prevent users from doing dangerous things and accessing any directory other than their personal /home
SHELL SERVER SPECIFIC SECURITY
- Limit number of active processes
- Prevent fork bombs
- Limit memory and disk space usage
- Completely hide customers from each other (ps, w, who etc) [FreeBSD]
- Limit IRC/IRCd connections (Inbound and outbound active connections limits, e.g. 1000 user ircd server) [FreeBSD]
SERVER BACKUP AND REDUNDANCY
- Own coded 5-minutes monitoring tool @ http://status.ikhost.net - can provide one for you included free hosted by myself
- Raid Arrays for local disk redundancy
- Offsite server backup using rsync over SSH (secure space can be provided too)
- DirectAdmin experience for 2+ years
Of course this is just a small snapshot of some of the work I am available to do.
If you are interested in any or all of these services for one off server hardening, or monthly/weekly based for full server management, please contact me on this thread or via http://www.ikhost.net/support.html with your offers. No PMs please.
I can attest that Sean certainly knows his stuff. I had a problem with Cacti and he found a solution super fast. He even fixed a problem with SNMP on a server that my management guys couldn't solve, and did so with ease.
He is a pleasure to work with - intelligent, polite, efficient and friendly.