Dreamhost, Hostgator Or Others?

Hi guys,

My site gets about 700 unique hits daily and it is running using WordPress and forums using SMF. Is the baby plan suitable for me?

My site uses only about 1GB of data and about 30GB bandwidth on average.

I am afraid of getting my account suspended when over the CPU process limit.

PHP version: 4 or 5 will do
    MYSQL version : 4 or 5 will do
    Control panel: cPanel preferred but not necessary
    Addon sites: About 10

Any advices?

My site gets about 700 unique hits daily
    Hits can only be unique.

Maybe you're talking about unique visitors, but that's hardly an accurate measure of a sites' activity in terms of computing power used. If each visitor sees 10 pages, it's one thing, 100 pages, quite another.

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/..._glossary.html

about 30GB bandwidth on average.
    I suppose that's per month, which doesn't sound like a huge amount. In any case, I recommend emailing the hosts and asking what they think about hosting site(s) like yours.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 01-08-2007 at 04:55 AM.

thanks for the input guys =D

I am afraid of getting my account suspended when over the CPU process limit.
    This is the reason why you would want to "avoid" ultra cheap overselling companies because their CPU limits are extremely strict, anything near 1% will get you suspended. Remember, you get what you pay for!

Find a reliable provider who offers a reasonable amount for a reasonable price, I would recommend doing a search on www.findmyhosting.com or www.hostsearch.com

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    This is the reason why you would want to "avoid" ultra cheap overselling companies because their CPU limits are extremely strict, anything near 1% will get you suspended. Remember, you get what you pay for!

Find a reliable provider who offers a reasonable amount for a reasonable price, I would recommend doing a search on www.findmyhosting.com or www.hostsearch.com

Best of luck!
    I second it, also check in my fav site also http://www.ispcheck.com. you can find a reasonable host and a reliable one too.

My site uses only about 1GB of data and about 30GB bandwidth on average.
    Are you looking for a new package with those features? or something above of it?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore