Need a small but RELIABLE host

Where can I find a suitable host for my small forum?? I need:
    - Around 5GB of space only (for headroom. actual usage now is just 2GB+ because of photos).
    - Monthly bandwidth 5GB (my site never crossed 5GB limit, even at our peak when we set up a radio station).
    - Good speed and access from East Asia (25 concurrent users max i guess).
    - SSH access (i will need to move my site from HostGator, and restore database in the future (it's quite big already))
    - Price range: $4-6/month.

I'm running SMF + 4Images, so features like Safe Mode turned off would be necessary.

Any suggestion?

to be honest it's going to be hard to find a *reliable* host in the $4/month range with those specs, especially the SSH access.

I was trying to find a good and reliable host but overselling scared me. It's not easy to trust a host providing 100GB of space for just $4/month... I don't need that much, just 5GB is ok, but i need good support and consistancy and reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by thiduong
    I was trying to find a good and reliable host but overselling scared me. It's not easy to trust a host providing 100GB of space for just $4/month... I don't need that much, just 5GB is ok, but i need good support and consistancy and reliability.
    Hate to break it to you but even 5GB for $4 is probably overselling

so for $6, how much space and bandwidth should I get, without overselling from the vendor?

Against what everyone else has said above, you shouldn't have to difficult time finding a host to fit your needs within that price range. As for overselling, you can argue that until your blue in the face and yet no proof exists.

The only thing that may throw the price up a tad more would be the ssh. Check out the offers section of the forums and find a few hosts that offer what you like, then when you have a list use the search function of WHT and look for reviews on each of the hosts.

Cheers

Lane

Quote Originally Posted by thiduong
    - SSH access (i will need to move my site from HostGator, and restore database in the future (it's quite big already))
    - Price range: $4-6/month.
    thiduong, Welcome to WHT!!!!

SSH access should not be needed by you, because any good web host would transfer your account and files free of charge, and should be able to restore the database.

Best Regards, and again welcome to WHT!

-Shaun-

if you want RELIABLE ...

If you want reliable, I assume you have read this thread - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=574240

because any good web host would transfer your account and files free of charge
    I doubt that not moving the account and files makes a host bad in any way. It's a service that a host doesn't have to provide, especially for free.

5GB disk space for $4 per month from a reliable provider who does not oversell is not going to happen. Honestly you would need to increase your budget in order to find a reliable provider, one that does not oversell.

i will need to move my site from HostGator
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason for leaving HostGator?

It is hard to find at that budget a reliable provider.