anyone use fdcservers currently?

i am looking for some current feedback of happy customers.

thinking of getting a box for hosting some media on.

Check their own forums for current customer content!

http://www.fdcservers.net/vbulletin/

We have 26 servers with them being reselled at the moment and US people are happy but not EU one

FDC's bandwidth is not Tier1 but Cogent. It is not so good to EU... Think about your target visitors and customers, and then decide on it.

Regards

Check their own forums for current customer content!

http://www.fdcservers.net/vbulletin/
    Looking at a provider's forum for information about the provider isn't terribly bright

FDC has been great. I have a bunch of game server clients in the FDC data center. I have recieved any complaints so far about the speed and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    Looking at a provider's forum for information about the provider isn't terribly bright
    Why? First place to look is always the forum, customer are never afraid to post their discontent if they dont get the service. Of course you need to seperate the genuine from the others.

Why? First place to look is always the forum, customer are never afraid to post their discontent if they dont get the service. Of course you need to seperate the genuine from the others.
    If someone has actually experienced terrible service, do you really think that the company is going to leave the post there?

lol, and you think my comment is not to bright.

Established providers like FDC wont delete negative comments unless of course they are abusive, defamatory and so on. They will respond to them.

Wake up and take a look around. FDC has plenty of negative comments in their forums right now, as does SB, EV1, DN, LT and so on.

They cant go about deleting the negatives that will just cause more members to post discontent.

Established providers like FDC wont delete negative comments unless of course they are abusive, defamatory and so on. They will respond to them.
    I couldn't find one negative review of FDC on their forums.

I couldn't find one negative review of FDC on their forums.
    most likely because there have not been any serious issues in last 12 months.... check the threads year and older :-)
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

If someone has actually experienced terrible service, do you really think that the company is going to leave the post there?
    Petr's left them before, why would he suddenly start removing them? He's good in that he doesn't go covering things up and let's people decide for them selves.

As for servers, I currently have 6 under my name, and have recommended anywhere between 10 - 20 other clients to him and all have been happy as a clam with the service.

Petr & co have done a very nice job fixing up the problems of the past (most were due to wacky bandwidth providers like dumb L3). Granted, they don't have anymore telia from the looks of it so things aren't super awesome to europe, they do have a fair share of BTN which gives fairly decent results to the Asia region.

There were times that I considered pulling out of FDC (almost all cases were during the L3 times), but Petr has always fixed up any problems that came up quickly.

Since you're wanting to host media, a little bit about their speeds should help you. I, nor my clients, have had problems topping out our boxes to 100Mbit when we've needed it. With that being said i'm sure if you started maxing 100Mbit solid 24/7 they'd ask you to tone it down, but these days they're giving estimates of anywhere from 50/60Mbit per server w/o issue.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Oh I'm not bashing FDC at all - I'm just saying in general...it tends to turn away business when your forums are filled with negative reviews on you

we have a sharktech server mainly for irc use and some heavy http usage. Its had one good patch.

From the 1 jan to about 2 days ago there was at least 1 network related problem a day with constant packetloss and network drops causing irc users to drop off, not all of these problems were fdc related tho I think some were problems with sharktechs own firewall. But I think there was at least 2 incidents related to the cogent upstream which caused complete network outages for the cogent traffic.

On the 1st cogent incident I made a post on fdc's forum asking why traffic wasnt rerouted and they 'honestly' replied they cannot reroute it, didnt say why but I expect its because there isnt enough other capacity to take the load they put onto cogent.

From what I have seen a lot of eu traffic (not uk) doesnt go over cogent to fdc but alot of uk traffic does, the uk traffic to fdc seems to have a lot of packet loss almost continous but has had short periods where there is no packetloss.

This is my honest write up of our service so far, I have found it to be a good and useful provider for hosting large http downloads but the drop outs have played havoc on the biggest ircd we hosting on the server.

Well, my server with them has been down for about 12 hours now. It won't reboot. When I asked them to plugin a monitor to the server to see if there's some sort of an error message they told me they don't have a spare video card so they can't plugin a monitor and that I should wait for half a day or so. They will not bother fixing the server otherwise. I have to wait "until later during the day". Mind you, this is a $900 setup + $349/mo machine, so I paid $1249 just on Dec 27th.

2 days ago my other server (2nd machine, completely unrelated to the 1st one) with them went down. They rebooted it, and told me the machine is running a check on the hard drive. No errors were found. About 8 hour downtime during the Sunday, when the traffic's highest.

if that's the sort of reliability you want, go ahead and get a machine from FDC.
    Last edited by Edman; 01-09-2007 at 11:50 AM.

There is no way FDC is going to delete negative reviews on their forums. Not as a general practice. I am sure someone has gone on there and started swearing or gave out confidential information or something which resulted in a deletion.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Hi,

I have servers with them being reselled and none of my customers have complaints on their servers. I've had a customer using 60mbps constantly but then he was capped at 10mbps because that's against their TOS. Even though your server is unmetered, if it is on a 100mbps shared port and you use 60mbps it will impact other customers negatively, and their QoS System alerts them of such things and they cap that customer.

All in all, their prices are the best, and their connection is very good. To be completely honest with you, there's only one flaw in FDC, they do not mitigate ddos attacks. If you wish to run IRC I would not recommend FDC, but if you wish to run a webserver I do recommend them.

Regards,